Is the ROG Swift any good?

VictorVitao666

I was wondering if the ROG Swift is any good because everywhere i look for reviews people complain about dead pixels and QC problems and i can't afford to spend this amount of money into a monitor if it fails on me, especially because i live in Brazil and have no way of returning it if it fails on me. So if someone has one or bought one recently please tell me if those complains were because of a bad batch or something, or if this monitor is untrustworthy and i should go for another monitor.

Thank you      

If you want a 27 inch, 2560x1440 panel with 144 Hz and G-sync, then yeah. It's a good one. (it's the only one there is)

I never used a IPS panel and right now i use a cheap TV for gaming. This would be a HUGE step up form my current setup and if i can not find any information about the reliability of this monitor i will go with a normal 1440p panel or dual 1080p  

anything with a TN panel is basiclly not good (personally)

Makes me laugh out loud. That's a good one.

I never used a IPS panel and right now i use a cheap TV for gaming. This would be a HUGE step up form my current setup and if i can not find any information about the reliability of this monitor i will go with a normal 1440p panel or dual 1080p  

I have never had any problems with my ROG Swift. Best gaming monitor I have ever owned.

High-grade TN panels like the one used in the Swift are pretty good actually.

Agreed

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Makes me laugh out loud. That's a good one.

I have never had any problems with my ROG Swift. Best gaming monitor I have ever owned.

Agreed

When did you bought it?

When did you bought it?

I bought it on 12/27/14 and it gets used 6 to 8 hours a day. Its used for everything and I tried a lot of games on it. I own over 344 steam games. The only thing I need to do is wait for the next gen of gpus so I can get 2 and sli them. Currently using a 680 but I was looking at getting a cheap 780ti or a very cheap 680. Best I could find was $300 for a 780ti hydro copper and $157 for another 680. Having 2 680s and oc them should get over 60fps on most games at ultra from what I have seen. Should hold me off for 2 years. Mainly play fps games that are easier to run. I can easily get over 100fps in certain fps games. G-sync is a huge improvement over v-sync. The colors on the ROG are great.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I bought it on 12/27/14 and it gets used 6 to 8 hours a day. Its used for everything and I tried a lot of games on it. I own over 344 steam games. The only thing I need to do is wait for the next gen of gpus so I can get 2 and sli them. Currently using a 680 but I was looking at getting a cheap 780ti or a very cheap 680. Best I could find was $300 for a 780ti hydro copper and $157 for another 680. Having 2 680s and oc them should get over 60fps on most games at ultra from what I have seen. Should hold me off for 2 years. Mainly play fps games that are easier to run. I can easily get over 100fps in certain fps games. G-sync is a huge improvement over v-sync. The colors on the ROG are great.

That's nice, all the complains i see were made around launch to mid November. I think i will get it, Thank You 

That's nice, all the complains i see were made around launch to mid November. I think i will get it, Thank You 

Hopefully it was just a bad batch. I was afraid of that as well.

Just got mine on Saturday and it's excellent. Absolutely no light bleed, dead pixels, or the pixel inversion issue. It's by far the best TN panel I've ever seen. It comes pretty close to IPS quality. I had a Korean 1440p monitor, LG 34UM65, LG 34UM95, Acer 27" G-Sync, and now the Swift. The colors were slightly more vibrant and text a little more crisp on the Korean monitor and the UM95 but the Swift is by far the best when it comes to gaming experience. Well worth the hefty price tag!

I have the pb287q 4k panel from Asus and I have bad backlight bleed, dead pixel and sometimes the monitor won't wake up from sleep. From what I read online other people are having similar issues with this monitor and the Swift. If you need it now then just buy it and deal with the issues otherwise I would just wait for the next generation of hardware after they refine it a bit more.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

I have the pb287q 4k panel from Asus and I have bad backlight bleed, dead pixel and sometimes the monitor won't wake up from sleep. From what I read online other people are having similar issues with this monitor and the Swift. If you need it now then just buy it and deal with the issues otherwise I would just wait for the next generation of hardware after they refine it a bit more.

You should contact Asus customer support. I will try the sleep mode tonight and see if I have that issue. No dead pixels or backlight bleed for me.

You should contact Asus customer support. I will try the sleep mode tonight and see if I have that issue. No dead pixels or backlight bleed for me.

I already got an RMA. The second monitor doesn't have a dead pixel but the other problems still persist. The sleep mode issue is only once every few times and most of them only require a reboot to fix. It usually says no display port signal. One time it was really bad and I had to unplug the monitor, wait a bit then plug it back in to fix. Backlight bleed is noticeable on both panels. Sometimes there's a pop noise, then the monitor goes black and comes back a second later and the left and right halves go out of sync causing weird vertical tearing down the middle.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

I already got an RMA. The second monitor doesn't have a dead pixel but the other problems still persist. The sleep mode issue is only once every few times and most of them only require a reboot to fix. It usually says no display port signal. One time it was really bad and I had to unplug the monitor, wait a bit then plug it back in to fix. Backlight bleed is noticeable on both panels. Sometimes there's a pop noise, then the monitor goes black and comes back a second later and the left and right halves go out of sync causing weird vertical tearing down the middle.

The cable you are using is probably not VESA-compliant. Get a different DisplayPort cable. This is a known issue.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1803684