Which of these three headsets is the best? :\

sgtcool
Go to solution Solved by Lauen,

i dont want that, and the HyperX sound nice

and thos headphones are for studio use

"gaming headset" doesn't mean anything, it's just a marketing gimmick. 99% of gaming headsets are overpriced, shitty sound and shitty built shit. I said shit a lot, but I'm trying to prove a point. the only headsets worth buying are Steelseries Siberia v2 (tight budget), HyperX Cloud, QPad QH 85 and 90, Sennheisers and Audio-Technica's. seriously.

7.1 in headphones are a gimmick too, I've tried ASUS' surround, Razer surround, Logitech Surround and the Corsair surround, they're all shit compared to in-game headphone option. I'm 100% serious, they all make the sound muddy and disorientating. I have gone through many a headset, and I've tried several headphones, the best of all I've tried for gaming is the Sennheiser PC360, basically a Sennheiser HD518 with a mic attached to it. get that if you can, 10000000000000000000000x better than "gaming" gear.

Shhh I'm padding my post count ;)

Carry on then, unless you want to derail this train wreck since muh waifu isn't here. 

Carry on then, unless you want to derail this train wreck since muh waifu isn't here. 

Someone is trading me a vintage Grado RS1 for my TH600 and I'm pretty excited. They look really nice with dark mahogany and hopefully they sound good too. 

Someone is trading me a vintage Grado RS1 for my TH600 and I'm pretty excited. They look really nice with dark mahogany and hopefully they sound good too. 

Solid, should be sweet, make sure you pick up a Bifrost Uber for best gains tho. 

I bought an aux jack for my car, and a set of coilovers for a bit of that low. 

@sgtcool

At the same price the Corsair ones are better.

Yeah, no, just no.

The HyperX Clouds/Qpad QH90/85's are the best headsets you can get for the price. 53mm drivers, great sound quality for a headset (not talking about headphones). Razer is pure crap and they're too bass heavy, the Corsair ones are ok-ish but still nothing compared to the Qpad/HyperX.

And please, just ditch 7.1 It's a useless gimmick for headsets. If you want propper 7.1 or surround sound go get yourself a good set of speakers instead of headphones with "7.1". It only makes the sounds quality 'worse' and gives you no advantage at all.

And if you can spend just a tad more you can get really good headphones with GOOD/really good sound quality and a pretty decent mic as well.

Yeah, no, just no.

And please, just ditch 7.1 It's a useless gimmick for headsets. If you want propper 7.1 or surround sound go get yourself a good set of speakers instead of headphones with "7.1". It only makes the sounds quality 'worse' and gives you no advantage at all.

And if you can spend just a tad more you can get really good headphones with GOOD/really good sound quality and a pretty decent mic as well.

this

And do what i saiD!!!!!

its NOT a seperate mic, it conects to ur headphones, so it doesnt take up any more room.

honestly, what i said was best!

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

this

And do what i saiD!!!!!

its NOT a seperate mic, it conects to ur headphones, so it doesnt take up any more room.

honestly, what i said was best!

anything i get will be pretty much beter than i currently have, logitech cheap stereo speakers 2.1 and left speaker doesnt work so i have to use in earearphones from my phone ,the sound isnt that great

im still chosing between Corsair 1500v2 , kraken 7.1 , HyperX cloud looks also good and Razer blackshark i found some good reviews and comparisons to kraken 7.1

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

anything i get will be pretty much beter than i currently have, logitech cheap stereo speakers 2.1 and left speaker doesnt work so i have to use in earearphones from my phone ,the sound isnt that great

im still chosing between Corsair 1500v2 , kraken 7.1 and HyperX cloud looks also good

What I said is better and cheaper!!!!

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaMi8dMWNbI

ok ill get those

ill ask some more people and post on more forums

but no 7.1 :(

still chosing between:

-Corsair 1500

-Razer Kraken 7.1

-Razer blackshark (no 7.1 but found a good review)

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ok ill get those

ill ask some more people and post on more forums

but no 7.1 :(

still chosing between:

-Corsair 1500

-Razer Kraken 7.1

-Razer blackshark (no 7.1 but found a good review)

NONE! DONT GET A HEADSET! LISTEN TO US!!!!

you havent given a reason against headphone plus mic.

NONE! DONT GET A HEADSET! LISTEN TO US!!!!

you havent given a reason against headphone plus mic.

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

headphones are headphones...

studio usage means they will sound good.

I recommend the HyperX Cloud's, they're rebranded QPad's, which are using Beyerdynamic technology

nope-

driver specs and looks are identical to Takstar Pro 80 and 2050, I'm 100% sure they are rebranded with a mic attached. no beyerdynamic involved.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

"gaming headset" doesn't mean anything, it's just a marketing gimmick. 99% of gaming headsets are overpriced, shitty sound and shitty built shit. I said shit a lot, but I'm trying to prove a point. the only headsets worth buying are Steelseries Siberia v2 (tight budget), HyperX Cloud, QPad QH 85 and 90, Sennheisers and Audio-Technica's. seriously.

7.1 in headphones are a gimmick too, I've tried ASUS' surround, Razer surround, Logitech Surround and the Corsair surround, they're all shit compared to in-game headphone option. I'm 100% serious, they all make the sound muddy and disorientating. I have gone through many a headset, and I've tried several headphones, the best of all I've tried for gaming is the Sennheiser PC360, basically a Sennheiser HD518 with a mic attached to it. get that if you can, 10000000000000000000000x better than "gaming" gear.

Antlion modmic is a good way to go from what I've seen all you have to do is attach it to the side of your preexisting headphones and boom game on. Also all my friends tell me the mic on the razr headphones are icky.

:wub: hey

Have you honestly used a virtual 7.1 surround headset? I cannot use stereo anymore, it just seems too flat now.

I sort of feel cursed in a way because my future options for headsets will only include those offering virtual surround sound.

Virtual surround is software, any pair can reproduce the 7.1 illusion.

Those with microphone are quite expensive

Edpecially g4me series, they look a lot better than HyperX

On ebay uk i found them for 150£

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Those with microphone are quite expensive

Edpecially g4me series, they look a lot better than HyperX

On ebay uk i found them for 150£

yes they are a little pricy, but IMO they're totally worth it. and if you can find a Sennheiser HD518 + mic of some sort (Zalman clip-on, Blue snowball, snowflake, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Samson C01U, Samson Meteor, which ever fits your budget), it will be better, cus then you can have good headphones + a good mic, and you can choose to upgrade either the mic or the headphones later on, without having to get an entirely new headset, as you would have to with a regular headset.