I am in need of an upgrade my pc master race bothers!

Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,

cool so for this upgrade i would get something like this right?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3dVHbv

Nuh-uh to that PSU. Get the Supernova G2 not the NEX. The NEX isn't bad - just not great.

Also, why not just get dual 970s now that I think about it? They'll provide you with similar enough performance for your needs.

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: when i get the money! as far as i can tell my money will be coming in speraticaly but this is the only thing i will be paying for so have at it.

Budget Range: i would like the price to be the most for your buck but really there is no limit as i am willing to save up as long as it takes!

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (e.g.: recording and editing the gaming i do!, folding@home, surfing the internet, watching movies)

Are you buying a monitor: Not unless you guys think the one i have is horrid or it would not affect performance more than 10 fps on my games.

Parts to Upgrade:anything that is outta date or you feel like could be better. as i am wanting to do youtube letsplays and other high demand games.

Do you need to buy OS: No i have this covered!

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: the best bang for the money after shipping to brunswick, Ga, usa

Parts Preferences: i like to have a lot going on and i heard that amd is the best for that. soooo what ever you think!

Overclocking: Maybe, i would need to research more about it or get someone to help me on skype or something!

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe, if that is what will get me the most outta my system then yes

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 27" but i can get a bigger or more than one if need be!

Additional Comments: I would like a quiet PC. as recording with fans blaring will get annoying.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: well to tell you the truth i cant really record the games i want to with this setup. 

rig pcpartpicker listing: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yb6Lqs remember this is what i have not what i am getting. also i have a bad keyboard and mouse along with kraken 5.1 and a samson desktop mic.

thank you all for the help/commenting and i hope you have high frame rates and low temps.

Pc Speck's : i7-6700K 4.0GHz , GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB , 16 GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 - 3400 , ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz , (2) Acer G277HL bid 60Hz.

I have no specific upgrades but a new GFX card and a SSD would do wonders.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: when i get the money! as far as i can tell my money will be coming in speraticaly but this is the only thing i will be paying for so have at it.

Budget Range: i would like the price to be the most for your buck but really there is no limit as i am willing to save up as long as it takes!

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (e.g.: recording and editing the gaming i do!, folding@home, surfing the internet, watching movies)

Are you buying a monitor: Not unless you guys think the one i have is horrid or it would not affect performance more than 10 fps on my games.

Parts to Upgrade:anything that is outta date or you feel like could be better. as i am wanting to do youtube letsplays and other high demand games.

Do you need to buy OS: No i have this covered!

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: the best bang for the money after shipping to brunswick, Ga, usa

Parts Preferences: i like to have a lot going on and i heard that amd is the best for that. soooo what ever you think!

Overclocking: Maybe, i would need to research more about it or get someone to help me on skype or something!

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe, if that is what will get me the most outta my system then yes

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 27" but i can get a bigger or more than one if need be!

Additional Comments: I would like a quiet PC. as recording with fans blaring will get annoying.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: well to tell you the truth i cant really record the games i want to with this setup. 

rig pcpartpicker listing: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yb6Lqs remember this is what i have not what i am getting. also i have a bad keyboard and mouse along with kraken 5.1 and a samson desktop mic.

thank you all for the help/commenting and i hope you have high frame rates and low temps.

Get a better GPU and worse CPU for a performance upgrade in games.

Also get a better hard drive. 5900 RPM is slowwww

And get an SSD if you can afford it.

You don't need 16GB of RAM.

You should get a better PSU.

You probably want a better case but I'll leave the one that's in there now.

Here are my changes.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($131.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP610 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($201.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 2300 ATX Full Tower Case  ($43.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  ($13.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($99.98 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Acer G276HL Gbmid 60Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($181.98 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan: Fractal Design FD-FAN-SSR2-120 40.6 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($9.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1044.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-27 23:35 EST-0500

ALSO, please use the quote button to get back to me!

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

thank you but would you rather a 980? or a r9 290x?  xD i just dont know as this was my first build. also how would i pick an ssd? -.- i am useless. sorry! but thanks man.

Pc Speck's : i7-6700K 4.0GHz , GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB , 16 GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 - 3400 , ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz , (2) Acer G277HL bid 60Hz.

STRMfrmXMN

remember this is what i have not what i am getting i already have these things are you saying i should remove the better cpu and 8 gigs of ram? i dont understand

thank you but would you rather a 980? or a r9 290x?  xD i just dont know as this was my first build. also how would i pick an ssd? -.- i am useless. sorry! but thanks man.

get a 970 if you want most bang for your buck also if you have a stock cpu cooler get the coolermaster 212 evo and GET A SSD mx100 256GB

thanks spartaman

STRMfrmXMN

remember this is what i have not what i am getting i already have these things are you saying i should remove the better cpu and 8 gigs of ram? i dont understand

Ohhhhh, I see now.

Well, I say you should get a better GPU, get an SSD, and well, a decent CPU cooler would help with overclocking.

ALSO PLEASE USE THE QUOTE BUTTON THANK YOU SO MUCH

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

if you dont have a mechanical keyboard you should get one. its a much better typing experience than rubber dome. i would recommend against kailh switches i had bad experiences with their performance and durability

if you dont have a mechanical keyboard you should get one. its a much better typing experience than rubber dome

@reddemonoverlord, also get a nice mouse if you need one too. I say mouse first, keyboard second (as do most people) but it's always nice to have both.

well would you still suggest the r9 280? i am willing to up the psu an get the better card as i have a second system that could use this card and psu! thanks for all the grate feedback xD i posted this on teksydicate and tomshardware a bit before i posted this and this is the only one with replys yet xD you guyz are great!

You should pick an SSD based on the tested benchmarks of it and read up on the type on NAND it uses. For example, you can find Kingston V300 SSDs for VERY cheap but because they use asynchronous NAND opposed to typical synchronous NAND, the write speeds are dropped to only about twice as fast as a mechanical hard drive as opposed to about 6x or more of a decent SSD. Remember that higher GB counts often mean faster write speeds.

well would you still suggest the r9 280? i am willing to up the psu an get the better card as i have a second system that could use this card and psu! thanks for all the grate feedback xD i posted this on teksydicate and tomshardware a bit before i posted this and this is the only one with replys yet xD you guyz are great!

i would suggest at least a r9 285 because r9 280 is an older rebrand so it doesnt have the features of the r9 285

Your PSU can handle nearly any card. Get an R9 290 if you can realistically afford it or even better, a GTX 970 if you can really get up there in price.

ahh that makes since ill look at that and come right back!

You should pick an SSD based on the tested benchmarks of it and read up on the type on NAND it uses. For example, you can find Kingston V300 SSDs for VERY cheap but because they use asynchronous NAND opposed to typical synchronous NAND, the write speeds are dropped to only about twice as fast as a mechanical hard drive as opposed to about 6x or more of a decent SSD. Remember that higher GB counts often mean faster write speeds.

for ssds i find random iops more important than MB/s but usually if they have faster MB/s they also have high iops

for ssds i find random iops more important than MB/s but usually if they have faster MB/s they also have high iops

True, IOPS are important, but the face-value read/write is what most people pay attention to and I feel like it's easier to show people how "bigger number = better" with read/writes.

ahh that makes since ill look at that and come right back!

Hey, if you could use the "quote" button that would be awesome. I know you're new here but it's really important that, if you want people to get back to you, you get back to them in a way that they can see in their notifications tray.

Hey, if you could use the "quote" button that would be awesome. I know you're new here but it's really important that, if you want people to get back to you, you get back to them in a way that they can see in their notifications tray.

ahh i see i was looking for reply not quote but i just saw the ssds and the 840 evo? is that a good one. also ill get a gtx 980 but i did not think it would be able to use this psu? thank you guys!

ahh i see i was looking for reply not quote but i just saw the ssds and the 840 evo? is that a good one. also ill get a gtx 980 but i did not think it would be able to use this psu? thank you guys!

the psu should be fine for a gtx 980 and 840 evo is ok but i like mx100 better. it is one of the cheapest and it has good performance

The 840 EVO is good yes, but I've heard some issues from people about the 840 EVO and AMD systems such as yours. I say you should get the Crucial MX100 or that ADATA one I suggested to be safe.

About the GTX 980. Not a bad card at all. Go for it.

About the PSU, which PSU :P? I recommend anything from Seasonic or anything EVGA G2 series.

the psu should be fine for a gtx 980 and 840 evo is ok but i like mx100 better. it is one of the cheapest and it has good performance

ahh thanks man ill look at getting these also how much would i need for sli of this card??

ahh thanks man ill look at getting these also how much would i need for sli of this card??

What do you mean? SLI requires that you have two of the same exact Nvidia card so it would cost twice as much as one of those 980s.

EDIT: You mean wattage right...? xD I say be safe and get at least 700 watts of power.

500W is probably not enough for sli i would recommend 700W. also sli 980 is way too overkill for 1080p i would recommend getting a 1440p monitor

What do you mean? SLI requires that you have two of the same exact Nvidia card so it would cost twice as much as one of those 980s.

EDIT: You mean wattage right...? xD I say be safe and get at least 700 watts of power.

i mean for next year or so if it gets slow or something else. as a kinda safe guard? or is that just stupid? xD