Is this a good future upgrade plan?

IMPERIUS

Hi!

I need a new os for my new pc and since windows 10 will come out later 2015, I cant wait that long.

So my plan is to buy win 8 now and then upgrade when win 10 is available and copy win 10 onto an usb and have it as the boot drive so when I will have to re-install windows I will just use the usb key.

Is this a good idea or do you suggest doing something else?

Thanks

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

I would just wait and see how Windows 10 turns out because personally I can't stand Windows 8.

Well I cant wait like 8-10 months. If I could, I would but thats not an option

There are rumors that Windows 10 will be subscription based.

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

There are rumors that Windows 10 will be subscription based.

Microsoft has an event in january, I expect them to release all consumer-importaint data. But if it is subscription based, I dont really know how to feel about that. I will stick to win 8 if it wont be a cheap upgrade to win 10

I heard that Windows 10 would be a free upgrade for all users of 8.1/8 and $30 for Windows 7 users. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I heard that Windows 10 would be a free upgrade for all users of 8.1/8 and $30 for Windows 7 users. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I hope it will be...no offical words tho

Was said to be false.

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

Was said to be false.

If I'll have to pay another 100€ for win 10 I'll be sticking with win 8 untill win 11 comes

Was said to be false.

Thanks for the clarification. That may actually be the subscription system that you mentioned before like what they're doing with Office.