The new Asus GTX 970

ASUS GeForce® GTX 970 DirectCU II graphics cards, factory-overclocked for faster and smoother HD gaming

• 1253MHz engine clock for better performance and outstanding gaming experience.
  • DirectCU II achieves 20% lower temps with 220% the dissipation area, plus 3X quieter running than reference.
  • Exclusive CoolTech Fan drives wider airflow to keep critical components cool.
  • DIGI+ VRM with 10-phase Super Alloy Power delivers precise digital power for superior efficiency, reliability, and performance.
  • GPU Tweak helps you modify clock speeds, voltages, fan performance and more, all via an intuitive interface.
  • GPU Tweak Streaming share on-screen action in real time – so others can watch live as games are played.

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX970DC2OC4GD5BLACK/ 

Eeh, Strix bandwagoners will continue to bandwagon and people who know what card is actually good will continue to get G1

EVGA FTW Edition :D

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Eeh, Strix bandwagoners will continue to bandwagon and people who know what card is actually good will continue to get G1

Not all of us can afford it. I just got my strix, one hell of a major leap up from that god awful evga gtc 66x I was using.

And how does this new card compare to the Strix? just asking out of curiosity, kinda (REALLY) shitty of them to release a new card, right after xmas.....after some of us have bought the "old" card.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Not all of us can afford it. I just got my strix, one hell of a major leap up from that god awful evga gtc 66x I was using.

And how does this new card compare to the Strix? just asking out of curiosity, kinda (REALLY) shitty of them to release a new card, right after xmas.....after some of us have bought the "old" card.

Looks like it has the same clocks, but with one less output (no DVI-D). It's also slightly bigger at 11.4"x5.78"x1.57". Strix also requires an additional 8-pin connector for power and has the 0db fan mode. Kinda wish I could see how well this overclocks compared to the Strix, probably gonna have to wait for Linus or Jay to do a video on it for that.

wondering what the exact differences are in cooling between the strix and this. I see the strix has 6 phase vrm power vs this one that has 10 phase which could mean that they'll have 2 6 pin or 2 8 pins (vs strix' single 8 pin connector) for power and this one wouldn't be so limited in overclocking

I would assume this one doesn't have the 0% fan speed until certain temp option either but I see this has the 3 display port option and single dvi unlike the strix.

Just ordered my Strix 970. :P

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

ASUS GeForce® GTX 970 DirectCU II graphics cards, factory-overclocked for faster and smoother HD gaming

• 1253MHz engine clock for better performance and outstanding gaming experience.
  • DirectCU II achieves 20% lower temps with 220% the dissipation area, plus 3X quieter running than reference.
  • Exclusive CoolTech Fan drives wider airflow to keep critical components cool.
  • DIGI+ VRM with 10-phase Super Alloy Power delivers precise digital power for superior efficiency, reliability, and performance.
  • GPU Tweak helps you modify clock speeds, voltages, fan performance and more, all via an intuitive interface.
  • GPU Tweak Streaming share on-screen action in real time – so others can watch live as games are played.

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX970DC2OC4GD5BLACK/ 

RESPECT THE NIGHT THEME USERS, WE CSNT SEE THAT

Jk <3

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

I find the DCU II cards to be more aesthetically appealing over the Strix cards. 

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

I just placed an order for a strix damnit.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Not all of us can afford it. I just got my strix, one hell of a major leap up from that god awful evga gtc 66x I was using

Any 970 will be faster then a GTX 660, doesn't matter if it's Strix or cheapo Zotac

"Rawr XD"

I'm not see a big difference between this and the strix besides looks and the 0db thing, why get this one over Strix?

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

A couple of differences I just noticed, First the inputs are different. The DC2 has 3 DP 1 HDMI and 1 DVI while the STRIX has 1 DP, 2 DVI and 1 HDMI. Also the cool tech fans are back ( don't know if they will make a difference).

I don't think we will get any great performance difference from the STRIX, maybe it will run slightly cooler since silence is not a top priority. I think its mainly for people who want multiple DP outputs ( G-sync Infinity?) and prefer the aesthetic.

Why would you choose this over a strix or twin frozer ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

• 3 weeks later...

I really like this one more than the strix version mostly because of the 3 display ports configuration. I really want to buy this specific model but unfortunately I can't find it anywhere.

I watched a video overview of the GTX970 STRIX EDITION from the PCDIY youtube channel and JJ said that the DIRECTCU branding is going away and the strix is replacing it with the same featureset.

This is the video just if you want to check it out:

Does anyone have any idea if ASUS are going to release this model (NOT STRIX) on the market?