Ugh...

Bleedman0xx

This is the perfect example of how NOT to price your games. Be it because includes alpha access, beta access, DLC or not. No!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/233250?snr=1_41_4__42

Our pricing for this stage of early access was determined by our Kickstarter. The stages of our early access for ALL users, which was determined during our Kickstarter, is: 

June through August: $90 for early alpha access, during the time where we're still locking down features and making tweaks to the flow of the game. This access is permanent access - you will be able to play through alpha, beta and on through retail. (Galactic Edition Equivalent with all addons) 

September through November: $60 for beta access. The game will be much more complete at this time, but with a lot of balance work still to do and more optimizations to get it working on as many systems as possible. Same as above, this is beta and turns into a retail version on launch. (Warfare edition equivalent with all addons) 

Retail: December 2013 (Combat edition equivalent) 

This is the pricing determined over a year ago. Our Kickstarter set these levels, and while we understand people may not like it, it's the decision we had to make. 

But that is the schedule if you want to wait until the price drops to a level you're more comfortable with. 

Thanks, 
Garat / Marc Scattergood 
Producer, Uber Entertainment

http://steamcommunity.com/games/233250/announcements/detail/1658730021561594175

I'd like to hear the LTT community's opinion of this kind of price fixing.

Yeah i was really interested in this game until i saw the price and i was like dafuq. How the hell are you going to charge less for a more complete version and you would get so many more customers if you dropped the price. I dont think they should charge more then retail price for alpha access. Like in Arma 3 to buy into alpha is 32 buck and you get free beta access and the full game when it is released. Thats how you get sales

I saw this. It is kinda messed up but i think it makes sense because when they where on kick starter the amount to get alpha was $90 so they cant make it cheaper than that because people that kickstarted it would get angry. they kinda screwed them selves over but thats what they had to do to keep it fair.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

This is the perfect example of how NOT to price your games. Be it because includes alpha access, beta access or DLC. No!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/233250?snr=1_41_4__42

http://steamcommunity.com/games/233250/announcements/detail/1658730021561594175

I'd like to hear the LTT community's opinion of this kind of price fixing.

I would be ok with it if it were like... $30 -> $20 -> $10. But $90? ... Lolno. 

I mean, I get it. $90 is for like the people who really do like the game (not for everyone) and will be committed. The rest are for the people who can't (varying differences). 

Still, not sure how I feel about it overall. I see nothing particularly wrong with it, since it was decided by a kickstarter, but at the same time, a kickstarter should mean they don't need that much money if it was a success, which I assume it was since they are indeed making the game.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Sigh, not this again. Seriously, the price is like that because alpha access on kickstarter was priced the same, how would people feel after buying it, then the devs put it on steam at a lower price? This just a another way getting moneys to help them make this game which looks HOLYSHITFUCKINGAWESOME?!?!! They got around 2.3 million from the kickstarter but as we know, games aren't cheap to make and it's most likely not enough.

When the game is done, they don't have to spend as much money on it anymore than in the developing process. It's completely understandable in my opinion and I don't really mind the price. I won't be able to afford it right now but will later on.

Edit. Get the game when it's done, no big deal? You don't have to buy it, no one is forcing you. It's an option there for fans to help the devs make it.

i saw it on steam a lil while ago and thought it was GOTY or some sort of special edition of the game. looking at the trailer it doesn't even look good graphical wise

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I saw this. It is kinda messed up but i think it makes sense because when they where on kick starter the amount to get alpha was $90 so they cant make it cheaper than that because people that kickstarted it would get angry. they kinda screwed them selves over but thats what they had to do to keep it fair.

Kickstarter is a donation-based platform. You're not actually buying the game. It works like Humble Bundle. You donate money for charity and as a reward, you get games.

Kickstarter is a donation-based platform. You're not actually buying the game. It works like Humble Bundle. You donate money for charity and as a reward, you get games.

You are buying the game if they promise it in the rewards.

Ya but if you donated $90 you got alpha access so they cant make anything more than alpha less than $90.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Unless, ya know, they say in the kickstarter "donating this much gets you the game!" which they did. That's assuming you can trust the one running it, but eh.

Kickstarter is whatever the runner of the Kickstarter makes it to be.

Anyway, I am more ok with the pricing. It's more so for people who want to *support* the game's developement.

It's not for everyone to buy now and spend $90 on the game. That is what the release (read: Cheaper) version is for.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Sigh, not this again. Seriously, the price is like that because alpha access on kickstarter was priced the same, how would people feel after buying it, then the devs put it on steam at a lower price? This just a another way getting moneys to help them make this game which looks HOLYSHITFUCKINGAWESOME?!?!! They got around 2.3 million from the kickstarter but as we know, games aren't cheap to make and it's most likely not enough.

When the game is done, they don't have to spend as much money on it anymore than in the developing process. It's completely understandable in my opinion and I don't really mind the price. I won't be able to afford it right now but will later on.

Edit. Get the game when it's done, no big deal? You don't have to buy it, no one is forcing you. It's an option there for fans to help the devs make it.

You need to realize that Kickstarter isn't a place for buying products or software. You're not paying retail value for something that the project's creator is trying to get into fruition. You donate and as a reward, you get the final product and/or early access.

Steam is a retail platform and a place of business between you and Valve, that is where you conduct your business and buy your games for it's retail value.

You need to realize that Kickstarter isn't a place for buying products or software. You're not paying retail value for something that the project's creator is trying to get into fruition. You donate and as a reward, you get the final product and/or early access.

Steam is a retail platform and a place of business between you and Valve, that is where you conduct your business and buy your games for it's retail value.

Anyone can do it, it's early access, it's not finished. I don't think there are any rules which say you can't ask for your fans support by paying $90 and get early access. What really annoyed me was when people went to review sites and just voted 1/10 stars for this game and bashed the shit out of it only because it was $90 and they didn't even own it. Gladly even something like metacritic fixed it by removing all the votes and disabled it.

It was on kickstarter and  people who backed @ 90$ got  alpha access  soooo not to piss off  those people  they made the steam alpha build 90$ aswell

so when its out it will get a "normal price" 

I really don't get why people are getting so bent out of shape for this?

You're paying $90 to get Alpha access. Think of it as basically a limited edition pre-order. They will eventually have a lower priced "Beta Access" version, and then they'll also have the "Retail" priced version up as well. Maybe they should have put all 3 prices up at once to avoid confusion?

But seriously, it's not a difficult concept. If $90 is too much for you, then wait for the lower price pre-orders to show up. The game is in Alpha, it's not even going to be released for a long time anyway!

And no, kickstarter is not just a donation. It's a contract, or promise, between you and the developer. You're basically pre-ordering the game before it's even made. If they put "You get a copy of the game" in the reward tier that you purchased, then YES, you DID buy the game. As for saying that Steam is only for the Retail Value of the game, well, fine, then Alpha Access has a retail value of $90. You don't like that? Then don't buy the game.

Also, for those saying the game looks like crap, well, it's Alpha. The graphics will get better as the development goes on.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

people just feel entitled,,,,
if you don't want to pay for alpha then wait until it out  

people have been ruined by pr "betas" 

I really don't get why people are getting so bent out of shape for this?

You're paying $90 to get Alpha access. Think of it as basically a limited edition pre-order. They will eventually have a lower priced "Beta Access" version, and then they'll also have the "Retail" priced version up as well. Maybe they should have put all 3 prices up at once to avoid confusion?

I've yet to see a pre-order that included alpha/beta access that was above it's retail price. Company of Heroes 2 for example. Those that pre-ordered got Beta access.

And no, kickstarter is not just a donation. It's a contract, or promise, between you and the developer. You're basically pre-ordering the game before it's even made. If they put "You get a copy of the game" in the reward tier that you purchased, then YES, you DID buy the game. As for saying that Steam is only for the Retail Value of the game, well, fine, then Alpha Access has a retail value of $90. You don't like that? Then don't buy the game.

Backing a kickstarter project does not guarantee that you get what was promised to you when you back a project. Read the fine-print.

Project Creators may cancel or refund a Backer’s pledge at any time and for any reason, and if they do so, are not required to fulfill the reward.

http://www.kickstarter.com/terms-of-use?ref=footer

Thtas just kinda ridicoulous.

But just reminding you that every single next-gen console game will be this price ( at least in europe that is)

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

They had to do it so they don't piss of Kickstarter backers.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

They had to do it so they don't piss of Kickstarter backers.

And in doing so, they pissed off quite a bit of Steam users. Most of the comments talk about how the price tag is ridiculous in the link i posted.

And in doing so, they pissed off quite a bit of Steam users. Most of the comments talk about how the price tag is ridiculous in the link i posted.

If there was no kickstarter there would be no Planetary Annihilation.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

If there was no kickstarter there would be no Planetary Annihilation.

That still doesn't mean they needed to piss off Steam users.

Steam =/= Kickstarter. People who back Kickstarter projects know what they're getting into when they fund a project. They give the project creator any amount because it's out of the the goodness of their hearts. But in the case of steam, imagine yourself browsing and you see a game that you never heard of, Planetary Annihilation. And then you see it's price tag. "$90?! For this?!" Nowhere does the page indicate that the price is temporary and that it will change. That user will immediately leave the page.