Who do you think makes better drivers, AMD or Nvidia?

TheHusk

for any component

I have expirience with both gpu manufacture comapnies , i beleive nvidia makes a little more standar without bugs drivers wich has a user friendlier approach

THAT DOESNT MEAN THAT NVIDIA IS BETTER THAN AMD

i find both to be good ,

Can we not start a flame war?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

They both have flaws... Drivers are the last thing you need to worry about when picking a GPU.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

This is analogous to asking "Which car manufacturer provides better service on their cars: BMW or Audi?"

With anything, YMMV (pun intended).

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I WANT FLAMEWAR.

Nvidia is supported on my editing software. Amd isn't, so it is a simple choice for me. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

One time Nvidia makes good drivers and AMD makes bad drivers. Then another time AMD makes good drivers and Nvidia makes bad drivers. It is always changing.

Though one thing you have to consider are Nvidia's and AMD's partnered games/studios. Games with Nvidia branding on it ofcourse will have good drivers for that game on Day One and vice versa for AMD.

2013 seems to be a year for AMD since many games came out that have AMD stamp on it (I could be wrong).

This year (2014) seems to be the year for Nvidia since all Ubisoft games that came out this year on the PC is sponsored by Nvidia and there are heaps of Ubisoft games that did came out this year. 

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

(Keeping with the tradition of not trying to start a flame war) 

Nvidia tends to have better optimizations of their hardware in terms of heat output, power consumption, and driver stability.

AMD tends to be more "Brute Force", and sometimes that shows with instability, and higher thermal envelopes.

With that being said, there have been times those roles have been switched. (Fermi, anyone?) What I'd suggest is to check how the software you're about to run is optimized for either platform, and choose whoever provides a better experience with that said software.

I like the sound of Catalyst. So AMD all the way.

To be honest i've had issues with them both.

The Intel Iris Pro drivers have been the best graphics drivers i've ever used. I've not had any problems with them yet.

I have a gaming potato w/c is plug and play. No drivers required. Yeah suck on that you filthy Nvidia and AMD fanboys! #potatogodrace

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"