Ducky Shine DK 9087 G2 PRO Limited Edition [MX Clear & Brown Hybrid] Hands on (With high-res pics!)

Alright, so decided to get myself a Ducky Keyboard a couple days before I head back to Canada (currently still in Taipei, Taiwan). Picked up the Ducky Shine DK 9087 G2 PRO Limited Edition Hybrid Key Switch using Cherry MX Brown and Clear Switches. I couldn't be more satisfied!

I've felt many MX brown keyboards in the past, but they've always felt a bit mushy at first. I wished they had a bit more springy-ness/resistance to them. So I did some research, and found that MX clears would probably suit me well. Only one problem, MX Clears are relatively rare and hard to find. Spent the past afternoon doing some homework, trying to find a keyboard with MX Clears. Only keyboard that was available in clears were the G2 Pro and another Full Sized Ducky Shine II 9008 with Chinese letters on it. I didn't want to go with another full sized keyboard, so I settled with the DK 9087 G2.

Here's 14 glamour shots I just took!

87 Key Keyboard (TKL) 37 MX Clears and 50 MX Browns. Turns out the "\" key is actually an MX Brown switch, not a MX Clear. 36 Clears and 51 Browns.

Cherry MX Clears have an activation force of 55g, while Browns have an activation force of 45g. Both have a tactile bump and both are non-clicky. To give you guys a rough idea of Clears, just imagine a tad bit heavier browns. 55g activation is in the middle of Blues (50g) and Blacks (60g).

Box

BazLkV0.jpg

Back of the box. It says Cherry MX "White" and Brown. But in Asia, they call MX Clear switches "White" and MX White switches "Milk".

Dt3xVia.jpg

Everything inside the box, minus the two keychains.

TtMzy56.jpg

Close up of keychains. I bought the keyboard from a shop called "AutoBuy" in Taiwan. They gave the two keychains as a freeby. Beneath the key caps are MX Blue switches. The red WASD cluster keys feel like a cheap, translucent ABS keycap.

Tx93yTq.jpg

Thin PBT key caps, with alpha-numerals printed on the side. (Thick) PBT is the preferred plastic for most keyboard enthusiasts. Most gaming keyboards on the market nowadays are ABS keycaps and they tend to wear out and shine/fade over a couple months.

eGH9D46.jpg

Popped the caps off

h00HBJH.jpg

MX Clears are translucent white.

oxnbliq.jpg

Translucent white-ish

8GOAXQj.jpg

Another pic

TklYXml.jpg

Another..

1nSHth9.jpg

Back of the keycaps. You can see where the molds were broken off.

50Paj3J.jpg

Better picture

CBJUvWT.jpg

Underside of the keyboard

sIntCLW.jpg

Only six Blue LEDs. WASD cluster for using the red keycaps, Caps Lock and Scroll Lock (not pictured) have an LED when pressed.

y8T6kCQ.jpg

You frequently hear people say that Chery MX Browns are the middle ground for both gaming and typing. I'd agree, but when you're constantly gaming with your left hand on WASD, it feels a lot nicer when Shift, Space, and Control are a tad stiffer with a longer "tactile" feedback. What makes it even more awesome is that it's Full N-Key rollover through USB!

Bought the keyboard for $3090NT. That's roughly $103 Canadian dollars! This keyboard on online Retailers cost $131-150 USD!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I bet you're enjoying that! :)

Coming from MX Blues, it's nice knowing that I won't be bothering people around me when typing at speeds of 100+WPM! :D The clears are really starting to grow on me. My next project in the future is to mod some Ergo-Clears @.@

Sweet, it looks like a really slick keyboard ( no pun intended XD )  I want a Ducky..

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society