I used my wrong bank account on Paypal

LarsReviews

I have just switched banks, so the old account still had some money on it. Both accounts are registered at paypal. One as a regular bank account and the other with the credit card. I bought something with paypal yesterday, but it used the wrong account for some reason instead of the credit card. What I paid was more than I have on that bank account. 

What is going to happen now? Please give me serious answers.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

If you bought something for $100 and only had $99(or any number less then the cost of the item) in your bank account then you would sadly get a NEF fee.

Not Enough Funds, this fee/charge is $45 or so.

sorry but you just lost $45, some times you can go to the bank and say it was a mistake and it wont happen again and SOME TIMES they will give your money back.

And also the transaction wont go through

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Giro?

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

I have just switched banks, so the old account still had some money on it. Both accounts are registered at paypal. One as a regular bank account and the other with the credit card. I bought something with paypal yesterday, but it used the wrong account for some reason instead of the credit card. What I paid was more than I have on that bank account. 

What is going to happen now? Please give me serious answers.

If there isn't enough money on the bank account and you don't have an overdraft then your bank will refuse the charge then PayPal will use another payment method, if the other payment method fails then you'll receive a negative balance with Paypal which doesn't have any late fees if i recall.

If there isn't enough money on the bank account and you don't have an overdraft then your bank will refuse the charge then PayPal will use another payment method, if the other payment method fails then you'll receive a negative balance with Paypal which doesn't have any late fees if i recall.

The credit card will work, so I don't have to worry about anything?. I have no clue why it chose the bank account, there wasn't even a option to change it when paying. 

Giro?

It is a Giro Bank Account, but I don't think I can go below 0. The missing amount is 1,99. 

If you bought something for $100 and only had $99(or any number less then the cost of the item) in your bank account then you would sadly get a NEF fee.

Not Enough Funds, this fee/charge is $45 or so.

sorry but you just lost $45, some times you can go to the bank and say it was a mistake and it wont happen again and SOME TIMES they will give your money back.

And also the transaction wont go through

that sounds like a lot. It seems as the Paypal fee is 5 Euros. I don't know about my old bank, they aren't really customer orientated, that is why I left in the first place.  

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Usually youre fine in germany, depends on the bank. If you bought something for 30€ and your bank account got 25€ on it youll see a "-5€" on your accounting OR youll recieve a message from paypal soon that they culdn charge your account. This depends on the terms of your contract which is connected with this particular account. The "Dispo-Zins" will be calculated on the end of the month so youve got time until then to put enough money on it to get a "black zero" (financial ministers greeting) otherwise theyll add idkhowmuch% to your -5€ plus somewhat NEF fee as aidenrelkoff mentioned if this is written in your contract. In any way youve got time to correct your mistake until end of the month or paypal will ask you to tell em a bank account they can take the money from to pay your purchase.

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Usually youre fine in germany, depends on the bank. If you bought something for 30€ and your bank account got 25€ on it youll see a "-5€" on your accounting OR youll recieve a message from paypal soon that they culdn charge your account. This depends on the terms of your contract which is connected with this particular account. The "Dispo-Zins" will be calculated on the end of the month so youve got time until then to put enough money on it to get a "black zero" (financial ministers greeting) otherwise theyll add idkhowmuch% to your -5€ plus somewhat NEF fee as aidenrelkoff mentioned if this is written in your contract. In any way youve got time to correct your mistake until end of the month or paypal will ask you to tell em a bank account they can take the money from to pay your purchase.

Officially I got a 0 Euro dead mark. My Kundenbetreuer said, he can ein Auge zudrücken if I got under 0 with like 4 Euros. Daumendrücken :D

Officially I got a 0 Euro dead mark. My Kundenbetreuer said, he can ein Auge zudrücken if I got under 0 with like 4 Euros. Daumendrücken :D

One of the most beautiful sentences I read in a while.

I too wouldn't worry about a difference of 1,99€ - you have more change in any old jeans lieing around...

DayZ Forum Moderator, DayZ Developer, ARMA 3: 2017 Developer, System-Admin, Gameserver-Admin, always interested to learn something new as well as new people.

Thats cool :D then you shuldnt have any problem there. *Pressing thumbs for you* :D

Main Rig:

-

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Sounds like your bank does things similar to mine.  If you have for example US 4.99 and you spend US 5.25 with your debit card, they will pay the .26 leaving you a negative balance, but does not charge a NEF/Overdraft fee for several days (I know my bank does not charge the NEF fee for 3 days after the charge processes, but they call you the same day to tell you it is in the negative (well I get a text, but they have options for call and text).

TO the OP, they may pay it, or they may reject it. Depends on your history with the bank and the banks policy. For instance, BB&T would not reject anything when I was with them, but you also got an instant NEF fee of $49 per transaction. First Union however would alow small things (under US 5), but reject larger amounts. I would take this all with a grain of salt though, as I have only overdrafted maybe 5 times in 6 years, and it was always due to a delayed paycheck. Either wait for Paypal to tell you it was accepted or rejected, or talk to the bank is all you can do.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

Sounds like your bank does things similar to mine.  If you have for example US 4.99 and you spend US 5.25 with your debit card, they will pay the .26 leaving you a negative balance, but does not charge a NEF/Overdraft fee for several days (I know my bank does not charge the NEF fee for 3 days after the charge processes, but they call you the same day to tell you it is in the negative (well I get a text, but they have options for call and text).

TO the OP, they may pay it, or they may reject it. Depends on your history with the bank and the banks policy. For instance, BB&T would not reject anything when I was with them, but you also got an instant NEF fee of $49 per transaction. First Union however would alow small things (under US 5), but reject larger amounts. I would take this all with a grain of salt though, as I have only overdrafted maybe 5 times in 6 years, and it was always due to a delayed paycheck. Either wait for Paypal to tell you it was accepted or rejected, or talk to the bank is all you can do.

If you got a regular income here theyll almost any time let you get in negative balance. If its in resonable borders of course. Other thing if youre known to be in debt or got a bad bank history. But in his case its a completely different story. Hes a pupil and this might be the first time hes about to get in neg. balance thats why he was worried.

I do like this kind of system very much btw

Main Rig:

-

Obsidian 250D Build Log

If you got a regular income here theyll almost any time let you get in negative balance. If its in resonable borders of course. Other thing if youre known to be in debt or got a bad bank history. But in his case its a completely different story. Hes a pupil and this might be the first time hes about to get in neg. balance thats why he was worried.

I do like this kind of system very much btw

You can not always depend on that though. I know when I was going to change banks from BBT (back in January), First Citizens would not allow a single charge that would overdraft the account regardless of if the charge was $.01 or a million pesos (at least that is what I was told when I talked to the CSM at our local branch). That is the only reason I did not go with them (as their business accounts were much lower fees (processing CC and dealing with rejected customer checks) than my current bank is. :/  

However, I do agree if I understand you correctly. I do like that first bank will pay it and call/text me. It is much easier than trying to figure out what is wrong at the cash register or gas pump when we are only talking about a couple of cents or a dollar or two. But as said before, rarely has an overdraft actually posted to my account (a fee charged), as I can go settle the difference quicker than they can process the charges.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

Withdrawal money from your CC account and deposit to the other account before the transaction goes through.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list