Windows 8.1 long shutdown time

I have just recently noticed this issue with my computer that i have been using for over a year now with no issues. Whenever I shutdown my computer, the monitor display shows the usual windows shutdown stuff, and then turns off. At this point is where NORMALLY everything has stopped, fans stop spinning, the hard drive and power led dim, etc, However, my tower continues to run for about 4 more minutes and then shutdown. This issue shouldn't be caused by any malware or virus because i just recently re-installed windows 8.1. I do recall that this occurred only after I had my Graphics card upgraded. I use to have a Geforce GTX 650ti, and now i have upgraded to a Geforce GTX 780 (Asus Direct CU II variant). My boot times are fine, normal like how it was. Its only the shutdown process that takes a considerable amount of time to complete, and the strangest thing is that my monitor closes down at the normal time, just that my computer tower continues to run... I have also used CHKDSK and so far my drives are healthy. 

SYSTEM SPECS:

Core i5 4690k

Asus Z97 Maximus VII Hero

Cooler master Hyper 212 evo cooler

Asus Direct CU II Geforce GTX 780

ADATA XPG SSD

Seagate 1TB HDD

Cooler master V850 power supply

Yup, it is up to date, windows is up to date, and my display driver is also up to date. The problem is still there, any ideas?

I have just recently noticed this issue with my computer that i have been using for over a year now with no issues. Whenever I shutdown my computer, the monitor display shows the usual windows shutdown stuff, and then turns off. At this point is where NORMALLY everything has stopped, fans stop spinning, the hard drive and power led dim, etc, However, my tower continues to run for about 4 more minutes and then shutdown. This issue shouldn't be caused by any malware or virus because i just recently re-installed windows 8.1. I do recall that this occurred only after I had my Graphics card upgraded. I use to have a Geforce GTX 650ti, and now i have upgraded to a Geforce GTX 780 (Asus Direct CU II variant). My boot times are fine, normal like how it was. Its only the shutdown process that takes a considerable amount of time to complete, and the strangest thing is that my monitor closes down at the normal time, just that my computer tower continues to run... I have also used CHKDSK and so far my drives are healthy. 

SYSTEM SPECS:

Core i5 4690k

Asus Z97 Maximus VII Hero

Cooler master Hyper 212 evo cooler

Asus Direct CU II Geforce GTX 780

ADATA XPG SSD

Seagate 1TB HDD

Cooler master V850 power supply

Sometimes this is caused by a driver hanging. Did you recently update a driver?

Sometimes this is caused by a driver hanging. Did you recently update a driver?

Yes i did, but its just the usual stuff from windows updater, geforce experience, etc. I guessing it could be a miscellaneous process running in the background thats preventing my computer to shutdown, but i have no idea what, everything i've installed so far are nothing out of the ordinary. this is very strange... 

try reinstalling the geforce driver, see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately it didn't help

UPDATE:

I have also noticed that my computer mysteriously shuts down after a set period of time of inactivity. In the power options I've set it to turn off the display after 10 minutes and to put the computer to sleep after 20 minutes but now, after I leave the computer to idle and come back later, the computer just shuts down. How the computer shuts down is very sudden as well, it doesn't close all the applications on my desktop and then shuts down, but turns off immediately. I've noticed that when I turn my computer back on and re-open Google Chrome, it gives me the option of restoring the pages that were open before my computer had turned off. I'm convinced that this is an OS issue, but could there be a possibility that my power supply is failing? 

If it ain't broke don't fix it

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

If it ain't broke don't fix it

LOL true, its not broken to the extent that its unusable, but very annoying when you lose your work after computer sporadically shuts down 

UPDATE

After watching this video and changing the parameters for the multimedia settings, everything went back to normal, no longer experiencing any issues.  :)

Although i have to say, this was a very weird occurrence, that just came out of no where... 

ONLY TEMPORARY FIX.... :(

Edited by Xenboskcui