FFXIV Community Holds Massive Vigil For A Dying Player

Sharif

1043454095332962478.jpg

As a Final Fantasy XIV player reportedly lay dying in the hospital, friends and strangers within the game gathered to pay their respects as he passed. 

According to a real-life friend of Codex Vahlda, a level 50 bard on Final Fantasy XIV's Gilgamesh server, the 29-year-old player behind the character had been brain dead in the hospital since Friday, kept alive so family and friends could say goodbye. Redditor Pattmyn, who initially posted about the situation on the site's Final Fantasy XIV board, Codex's condition due to complications arising from renal failure. "The odds were one in a million something like this could have happened; Everything was otherwise under control and a donor was lined up already (his brother)."

Update to that post 

Update: Codex's real-life friend Pattmyn reached out to Kotaku to clarify the details surrounding Codex Vahlda's death. Rather than collapsing on Saturday as originally reported, the player had been in the hospital since Friday, kept alive via machines after suffering brain death. He was kept alive until today to allow family and friends to pay their respects.

Here i was going with my day when i read this devastating post and i thought i go read the post on LTT but  nobody posted this..

I find this extremely sad and moving.I am completely speechless  

A light show was even held there and did a great job as well 

I just have to quote one more thing that i read on otaku ,that i feel should be shared as well .

I did not know Codex Vahlda. I couldn't tell name a single person in any of these images, character or real life. But I know the MMORPG community, having been playing the damn things for 15 years, and I know that whoever Codex Vahlda was, every single person in these images — in his final moments — cared for him like they were his dear friends. When a group of people is deeply invested in a virtual world, be it Eorzea or Azeroth or Norrath or wherever, there's a bond there that crosses any and all real-world lines. 

B5W48KJCAAAqTTo.jpg

Rest in peace, Codex Vahlda.

Source > Kotaku 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

This is why the gaming community needs to stop being viewed as a nerd community that only cares about gaming in a dark room without social contact.

Respect for everyone that did this memorial, RIP Codex Vahlda :c

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Its tragic that things like this never get reported by mainstream media however the second ANYTHING bad that could be in some way related to video games occurs they jump all over it.

RIP Codex Vahlda  

That's pretty crazy. As other people have said; it's a shame that this won't get the coverage it deserves.