Protests and revolution going on here in brazil (Please read, very important)

Linus & Slick please, talk about this in the live itself, not during the afterparty! this is for everyone to know even though is not tech-related!

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Here in Brazil we are living a change right now, we begun a revolution that spreaded, and now it's getting everywhere!

Since last thursday (June 13th) in Sao Paulo there has been a lot of people protesting against the government, the police and the corruption of our politicians, many people have been getting along because of the violence that the police applied during the protests.

All of the protestation begun after the price of the public transportation getting R$0,20 more expensive (about US$0,10) an people didn't like it, because there are students, workers and other persons who take even 3 bus a day to get to work, and 3 more to get home, and even though it's "just" 20 cents more, the government gets R$54.000.000.000 (That's right, 54 billion reais) just by that, and somehow this money isn't going anywhere, because the bus isn't getting any better, it's each time worse, the subway is in the same condition, prices go up and quality goes down each day! There's no respect with the public money.

And knowing that, people started a little protest, but when the protest begun the police overreacted and started being a threat to the people, and politicians gave zero fucks to people thinking that after that no one would try anything

but a few hours later more persons started getting along, and a confront begun (By the way... THE POLICE attacked the protestants...) and more and more people got angry with the situation

People started showing that they were unhappy with the situations of many things happening in our country and each time more persons were willing to protestate against the situation of our nation.

That's when things got crazy...

Specifically the police...

In Sao paulo, one pressman who was WORKING got arrested because he had vinager, yes, VINAGER! on his bag, in law you can only be stopped for 30 minutes for any officer check what you have, and if you don't have anything illegal they have to let you go... and not to be arrested like happened to him

Here's a video of what happened to him

The policemen shot people who had nothing to do, people who were working with rubber ammunition, and there are 2 reporters, one of them with risk of losing the sight in one of the eyes because they got hit on the eyes, and that is a thing the police is """TRAINED""" not to do when croud-controlling, one of them is Giuliana Vallone, a girl with 26 years with a brilliant mind, shot. for no reason.

(She's ok now, no risk of sight losing, more information here : http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/cotidiano/2013/06/1295067-reporter-da-folha-ferida-no-olho-volta-a-enxergar.shtml)

And the other is a photographer called Sergio Silva who had his eye bend inside because the bullet hit it directly, he has a ocular-globe trauma and probably his eye will be completely blind after that shot

(more information here, it's on portuguese http://g1.globo.com/sao-paulo/noticia/2013/06/fotografo-ferido-em-manifestacao-corre-risco-de-ficar-cego-diz-mulher.html)

And those aren't separated scenarios, they shot the press even when they identified themselves as press and shouted that they were only working, they weren't part of the whole thing. They even threw teargas

on them as if they were about to do something bad.

this one is even becoming a meme on the interwebs 

here's the work of the photographers:

And each time more and more abuses of the police with each time more violence

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

They were attacking everyone, and each time more and more violently, they ran over 2 persons during the protestation in Brasilia.

They shot point-blank on the leg of one guy and he had to go the hospital with an infection on his leg because of the rubber in his leg

It's illegal if you shoot pepperspray on anyone in a range below 50 cm, and look at this

post-7479-0-44621000-1371593418.jpg

I give it at maximum 30 cm of distance...

And guess what? it happened again...

over and over again

They even threw teargas on a food court wich by the way had lots of persons who had nothing to do with the protests and were just working or eating...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=557162244322461

Lot's of abuses by the police

People who weren't causing any problems were attacked more than once.

There's a woman filming the clash from her appartment out of the confusion got shot by one of the rubber bullets. Shooting someone without reason is illegal in brazil, specially if you are the police!

http://mais.uol.com.br/view/zwuxgmhe6kop/manifestacao-sp--alvejados-pela-policia-dentro-de-casa-04024D1C3170C8A94326?types=A&

In this case, some guys who were shouting " WITHOUT VIOLENCE" received a storm of bullets and gas

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=658874737474532&set=vb.100000560353308&type=2&theater

http://mais.uol.com.br/view/1575mnadmj5c/policiais-atiram-contra-pessoas-pedindo-fim-da-violencia-04020D1C3170C4A94326?types=A&

There are even worse cases,

A case in wich one police officer broke the windows of one of the cars to make the manifestants seem guilty about that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kxPNQDFcR0U

In my city itself we have problems with the streets that are impossible to go throught and not to get any hole, the security is horrible, people get robbed monthly and no one is in the jail, the police does nothing, the mayor decided that the city needs a viaduct throught the city, it has been built for 9 months and the costs have gotten to the triple of the initial value!

post-7479-0-11221200-1371593243.jpg

This wasn't a heavy rain, but there's nowere for the water to go, so every time it rains it gets this huge amount of water on the streets, that is near downtown.

This is the worst judge of all times, his name is Rogerio Zagallo... and he posted this on facebook

He said 

"I am trying to get home for 2 hours and there's a bunch of howlers blocking the Faria Lima Avenue and Marginal Pinheiros.
Please, someone tell the Shock Troops that this region is part of my court jury and if they kill these son of bitches i will freeze the police inquiry.

Fucking *Petistas, motherfuckers, Make protests on the bitch who calved you...
I miss the times when this kind of thing was resolved with rubber on the back of these shits"

*Petistas : Someone who agree with the Worker Partition (Partido Trabalhador)

This teargas has written on itself "This product offers danger when used after it's expired" and it was used against people EXPIRED

Expires on : Dec/2010

This teacher was just passing near the manifestation and got shot in the face by those same policemen who shot other one's. That's a proof that it wasn't an isolated factor

http://mais.uol.com.br/view/1575mnadmj5c/mulher-atingida-no-rosto-compara-acao-policial-a-ditadura-04024D1C3468C4A94326?types=A&

Fortunately some of the police officers agreed or at least respected the protestation...

some even joined people on this protest

Yesterday the whole country started a protest in the main cities, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Salvador, Belo Horizonte, and many many other cities have been on the streets against the problems in our country

This eldery woman called Nair has 101 years,

and the message she gives is:

" I saw two world wars, the crash of 29, saw the revolution of 32, and survived the dictatorship, trust me, it's not about 20 cents"

There's a guy called Marcos Feliciano who is a motherfucker who turned out  being the president of the Comission of Human Rights, but he only became that guy because he's a preacher, so the people who are part of the church he prays voted, and conviced other persons to vote him... and now the guy is fucking the life of everyone, he did a law project for a "Gay Cure" he wants to basically get everyone who's not straight and get into a clinic until it's cured. IT WAS FUCKING APROOVED!  

post-7479-0-45381400-1371592778.jpeg

There's this protestant who has this writing on her poster

"Sorry about the nuisance,

We're changing the country"

One guy made a "Guide of personal protection for Pacific Manifestants"

http://virgula.uol.com.br/inacreditavel/internauta-cria-o-guia-ilustrado-do-manifestante-pacifico#image1

These guys gave responded the violence with flowers 

post-7479-0-36221700-1371592217.jpg

My sister took this photo in Brasilia, yesterday during the protests, 

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=593051750726132&set=a.394122403952402.95202.100000639373886&type=1&relevant_count=1

This was on Rio de Janeiro Yesterday

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/970237_477174412369115_430354759_n.jpg

This other one is on Vitoria

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/988604_10151670887822888_578030886_n.jpg

One of the things the TV and the press most criticized about the protests was the vandalism on thursday and friday, and then yesterday they changed it and started showing that they have respect for their own country even if it's so bad nowadays

I'm really proud of my country today, but not because of the big one's that represent many... but the many ones who are against the few who won't ever represent any of us. We march against those who are against us... we march against who supress our rights... we march against those who are trying to make us who THEY want and not who we are!

It's not about 20 cents anymore. It's about the whole country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AIBYEXLGdSg

post-7479-0-63580300-1371593555.jpg

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |

If anything else goes on i'll post it here.

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

No offence but this is a Tech forum.  If people wanted to know about news around the World then they would look elsewhere.  I highly doubt this would make it anywhere near the Livestream as it has no relevance to technology.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

No offence but this is a Tech forum.  If people wanted to know about news around the World then they would look elsewhere.  I highly doubt this would make it anywhere near the Livestream as it has no relevance to technology.

Even though this is the offtopic section I doubt this is the right place to post this.

If you want attention for this issue please contact a foreign journalist or whatever... 

No offense but this is just not the place to post this.

EDIT: So yes I agree completely with Jamdude.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

This is the off topic area... I see nothing wrong with posting about something important.

Rather see things like this in here than people wondering how much Slick weighs or what Linus' farts smell like.

My 0.02£

This is the right place to post this and this is a perfectly fine discussion topic for 'Off Topic'. It, by definition, fits here, and will make for interesting discussion should people stop fighting over technicalities.

This however IMO does not warrant a spot on the Livestream, because it is _not_ Tech news. As important and interesting as this is, it has very little to do with tech, and as such doesn't fit within the Livestream.

To add to the topic - What's going on in Brazil concerning the World cup and the complete disregard for peoples lives in the lead up to it is insane. The protests there are very justified imo.

Current rig: AMD Piledriver fx-8320 OC'd to 4.9ghz on 1.45v vcore | Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2 board | Gigabyte 7950 W3x| 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333mhz | 240GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD

Yup agreed about the live stream and not exactly the place to talk about it. 

Little show of support today in Vancouver 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/06/18/bc-vancouver-brazil-protest.html

Look at 2:56 on the 3rd video, two innocent people just getting ran out, hit and then taken away for no reason. :(

SPECS: MOBO - INTEL DZ77GA70K EXTEME, CPU - i5 3570 @ 3.4GHz, MEMORY - CORSAIR VENGEANCE 2 x 4G, GPU - GIGABYTE HD7970 OC, HDD - WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLACK 1TB, SDD - INTEL 520 SERIES 120GB, CASE - COOLERMASTER RC-682A-KWN5, PSU - THERMALTAKE SMART 750W, KEYBOARD - RAZER BLACKWIDOW ULTIMATE 2013, MOUSE - RAZER DEATHERADDER 2013.  :D

Even though this is the offtopic section I doubt this is the right place to post this.

If you want attention for this issue please contact a foreign journalist or whatever... 

No offense but this is just not the place to post this.

EDIT: So yes I agree completely with Jamdude.

Exactly, and there's an offtopic are for that. it's written below "Discussion - Non-tech related content only please!also, i'm just trying to get it spread, and keep everyone in sight with what's going on here...  

...also Jamdude, they talk of what they (not you) judge it's importante. For example the russian meteorite that they talked during the livestream, now tell me: did it have something to do with technology like a new GPU or CPU?

exactly.

Exactly, and there's an offtopic are for that. it's written below "Discussion - Non-tech related content only please!also, i'm just trying to get it spread, and keep everyone in sight with what's going on here...  

...also Jamdude, they talk of what they (not you) judge it's importante. For example the russian meteorite that they talked during the livestream, now tell me: did it have something to do with technology like a new GPU or CPU?

exactly.

He talked about that since there was a great boost in dashcam sales after this, which IS a tech related topic.

#meme#

Oh tell me how much worse your situation is than the situation in Syria..

Interested in Business and Technology

@Inimigor thanks for the info, hope things get better in brazil!

@Jamdude and @Calavera this is a forum, with many sections if you want to read tech, go to that section, since this post is in the "Off topic" section members can post whatever they like. You two cant tell members what to post and where to do it, that is the moderators job.

PG.-

Looking around,

bla bla bla this, meh that!

Weird that i havent seen anything on the news about this.

I7 2600k @ 4,5GHz - 16GB Kingston 1600Mhz RAM - Asus Sabertooth P67 - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - 2x Caviar Black 1TB - ADATA 80GB Boot SSD - Club3D 7870 XT - 42" Panasonic 3D Led TV - 22" Samsung SyncMaster

As for the off topic discussion and whether this thread is relevant, this to me at least is more productive than the random things about how tall Linus is etc. 

Now, unlike the issues of Syria & Turkey, a solution to this will be rather interesting given the fact that Brazil is about to host the worlds second or third biggest sporting event. 

However I do wonder what can actually be done through a protest? If the government is in fear of loosing the next election then they rig the votes. I know is unlikely in a well developed country such as Australia or the UK however Brazil to me at least is a different story. So people riot and you end up with a civil war. Is that where these protests will end up?

Also something I stumbled across on Imgur tonight; 

eko67M0.png

Food for thought. Anyway, I do hope that the government of Brazil see sense and the violence ends.. 

I wouldn't have known about this if OP wouldn't have made his post. That's what I get for not reading the news.

Part of it it's because since the biggest Television company in brazil distorts everything in a political way to make people who watch TV get a different information, then when they tried to film anything the protestants expelled them from the protestation in order to avoid that sort of thing

@Inimigor thanks for the info, hope things get better in brazil!

@Jamdude and @Calavera this is a forum, with many sections if you want to read tech, go to that section, since this post is in the "Off topic" section members can post whatever they like. You two cant tell members what to post and where to do it, that is the moderators job.

PG.-

Moderator wannabe much.

You can't tell me what to and not to do, you're not my boss mate.

So yes I disagree with you there, the way this thread was first set up was kind of like a spam thread in my opinion... "LINUS FEATURE THIS IN THE NEXT STREAM"  - there's tons of people doing that.

I was wrong though about the fact that this should not be on this forum, as this is indeed the off-topic section - but it definitely does NOT belong in the stream in my opinion.

#meme#

Oh tell me how much worse your situation is than the situation in Syria..

That's what we are trying to avoid. Brazil politicians are leading towars dictatorship for this country, and we are protesting and going to the streets against that, the repression is a lighter version of what happens in Syria...

I'm not saying it's worse than Syria, but it's not nearly as good as it should.

But imo you probably has less problems than the common brazillian, even for buying PCs parts we get to pay almost triple the price mostly because of nonexistent

taxes, in my city something gets even 5 times the price it originally costs on USA, CA, UK (Yup... in my city GTX Titans are sold for aproximately R$7.000,00... aproximately US$3.250,00... that's more than 3 times the price) 

Also most of the money they get from these taxes are used for unecessary things, the mayor of my city bought 8 cars in the value of R$190.000,00 (Aproximately US$87500,00each for "Helping the persons who work in the government to have more mobility in the city" and 3 of them are used by his family (his daughter, his son and his wife)

brazil isn't in such  a state as Syria. but is getting worse by the clock.

Moderator wannabe much.

You can't tell me what to and not to do, you're not my boss mate.

So yes I disagree with you there, the way this thread was first set up was kind of like a spam thread in my opinion... "LINUS FEATURE THIS IN THE NEXT STREAM"  - there's tons of people doing that.

I was wrong though about the fact that this should not be on this forum, as this is indeed the off-topic section - but it definitely does NOT belong in the stream in my opinion.

I would like it to be on the livestream so it could reach more persons, but if he at least talk about this in the afterparty it would already be helpful

One of the major parts of the protestation is exactly as few persons as possible willing to come to the worl cup on 2014. 

He talked about that since there was a great boost in dashcam sales after this, which IS a tech related topic.

well, in brazil everyone is buying cameras to film everything, buying routers to help everyone upload the videos and photos as fast as possible, and people are buying new phones since police is breaking theirs .-. 

Times are tough all over. This planet has dictatorships everywhere. Why should I care about Brazil. It's not as if the government is executing innocent citizens right and left.Further look at current affairs. Count how many uprisings install governments that are no better than the ones they replaced. Look at Iraq. With Saddam Hussein gone did it turn into a republic of tolerant civic minded citizens? And Egypt has it become a new Eden? As for the fall of communist governments in Europe the governments collapsed from the inside not as a result of an actual popular insurgency. Too often I read stories of journalists who visit these violence installed governments some time after the revolution and hear the complaint from  typical citizens "The revolution has been betrayed." This is why I have a pessimistic lack of enthusiasm for these popular movements to replace the current ruling administration. As for this subject being appropriate for the Off Topic forum I believe polarizing political topics should be avoided.

The cake is a lie!!! -- but the muffins are genuine.

Here in canada taking the bus is at least 2$...

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Here in canada taking the bus is at least 2$...

the difference is that you know you will get a bus every given time, and that the bus will work at least 95% of the time, and that the driver will be well train, and you only have to pay 2$ per day I asume.

in third work countries (like mine) we pay 0.625 $ per ride (I pay 4 per day to go to work), we don't know when the cars will come by, and

we ride like this:

6ba2ae2b5b.jpg4751212982_7a90a66778.jpg

with this driver:

Carro-De-Concho.jpg

on a car like this:

carcacha-en-el-puente.jpg

so, you pay for what get, we pay for shit!

Looking around,

bla bla bla this, meh that!

the difference is that you know you will get a bus every given time, and that the bus will work at least 95% of the time, and that the driver will be well train, and you only have to pay 2$ per day I asume.

in third work countries (like mine) we pay 0.625 $ per ride (I pay 4 per day to go to work), we don't know when the cars will come by, and

we ride like this:

6ba2ae2b5b.jpg4751212982_7a90a66778.jpg

with this driver:

Carro-De-Concho.jpg

on a car like this:

carcacha-en-el-puente.jpg

so, you pay for what get, we pay for shit!

Yeah then I guess you're right, and it's 2$ per ride but if you need to get on an other bus to go where you need they give you an other ticket.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

i was also in a point where i thought if i should post the protests in Turkey here but i decided not to its not a place for it 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18