Good 128GB SSD vs cheap 256GB SSD

Doughnutnator

Hi! I got some money for a SSD. I want to change from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1, so I decided to finally buy a SSD to use it along my 1TB HDD (7200 RPM WD Blue)

I want a reliable SSD, one that can last me a lot of years, I want to make a good investment. I'm not an expert, I dont benchmark SSD's, but I really want to feel the difference between a SSD and a HDD.

Right now, with Windows 7 my PC takes like 30 seconds to boot to desktop.

I can get:

Kingston V300 120GB 65 USD.

Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB. 65 USD.

Adata SP900 128GB. 69 USD.

Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB. 85 USD.

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB. 90 USD.

Adata Premier Pro SP600 256GB. 106 USD.

Adata Premier SP610 256GB. 106 USD.

Kingston Hyperx Fury 240GB. 117 USD.

Also, here's the link of the stores where I can buy SSD's: 

http://www.digitalife.com.mx/filtrar/44/n?countsMarcas%5B8%5D=17&countsMarcas%5B32%5D=9&countsMarcas%5B34%5D=1&countsMarcas%5B62%5D=39&countsMarcas%5B95%5D=2&countsMarcas%5B103%5D=7&listadoMarcas=8%2C32%2C34%2C62%2C95%2C103

http://www.mipc.com.mx/index.php/discos-duros/unidades-ssd.html?dir=desc&order=price&p=1

Should I get a cheap Windows 8.1 key on reddit now or I should wait for Windows 10?

Any advice? Thanks :D

EDIT: I don't have a lot of games, I think that the only games I would move to the SSD are BF4 and CS:GO, but this can change in the future if I buy more games. I don't have lots of music, and I don't store videos or pics in my PC.

Avoid the V300. Something about the nand (i think?) limiting the speed.

Grab an Adata, still extremely reliable even though it's cheap

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Avoid the V300. Something about the nand (i think?) limiting the speed.

Grab an Adata, still extremely reliable even though it's cheap

Bait and switch, NAND silently changed to significantly worse quality and speed. 

The 250 Adata drives are great, go for one of those. 

how about the mx100 256gb ssd its fast and cheap

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Why aren't the Plextor M6S SSDs in that list? I wouldn't go for the V300 and get the HyperX Fury 240GB. :)

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Samsung evo all the way most reliable and most known for it's performance 

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

yea my favorite cheap ssd is the mx100

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

yea my favorite cheap ssd is the mx100

Why aren't the Plextor M6S SSDs in that list? I wouldn't go for the V300 and get the HyperX Fury 240GB. :)

It seems that Crucial and Plextor don't want to sell stuff in my country. 

Samsung evo all the way most reliable and most known for it's performance 

I should get a 120GB EVO instead of a 256GB Adata SP600-610? The EVO is better?

The SP610 256GB is a good drive.

the sp610 is pretty good.

They are realiable like an EVO or a Kingston? Speed isn't my main concern but durability and realiability.

It seems that Crucial and Plextor don't want to sell stuff in my country. 

ah thats a downer but if you can get one for around the same price as it usually is than get it

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

ah thats a downer but if you can get one for around the same price as it usually is than get it

It's pretty cheap on Amazon. But the damn dollar it's too expensive thanks to my stupid government, so it's more than $135 for a 256GB mx100.

They are realiable like an EVO or a Kingston? Speed isn't my main concern but durability and realiability.

all ssds are almost the same in this price range. get the adata pro 256gb.

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

it is a great drive.

durability and reliability is usually not a big problem with ssd's.

Good, I think I will go with it if my final budget reach that. If not I think that the SP900 can be good.

What about the W8.1 key. It's a good idea to buy it in reddit? I already talked with a guy that sells them, $14 for a 8.1 Standard key, he gives you another if your key gets deactivated.

It's pretty cheap on Amazon. But the damn dollar it's too expensive thanks to my stupid government, so it's more than $135 for a 256GB mx100.

ok sorry mate :(

Spoiler

Thanks anyways for the help :D

no problem

Spoiler

all ssds are almost the same in this price range. get the adata pro 256gb.

Thanks :D So if I take care of it the SDD can last me 3-4 years?

Good, I think I will go with it if my final budget reach that. If not I think that the SP900 can be good.

What about the W8.1 key. It's a good idea to buy it in reddit? I already talked with a guy that sells them, $14 for a 8.1 Standard key, he gives you another if your key gets deactivated.

buy it on g2a, dont buy things on reddit.