How to get into the topic of cars

rambi36

Ive recently been somewhat intrigued about cars as of late (dont know why, I just am) and I would like to gain some more knowledge about them. What should I do to be more well informed on them?

Life.exe is missing

The power of Wikipedia.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Reading helps, taking automotive courses, YouTube, fixing them yourself, watching TopGear. You know basically how you got into tech really.

One sec

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/user/EricTheCarGuy has a few vids on the subject^^

basic parts

engine

and here's a series of vids about exterior and interior inspection

Then if you want to know about basic mods. Check out Mightycarmods.

I'll see if i can get any other good sources.

Feel free to ask me anything you want to know  :)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

lynda.com, use offer code Linus perhaps?

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Read automotive review magazines, takes courses on automotive engineering or something along those lines (if your interested in the mechanics of it) watch top gear and other video formats, such as Chris Harris on cars, go on the website sniff petrol, buy a classic car that needs repairs done to it and spend your free time fixing it and learning about how it all operates.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

forget all that nonsense. you have to be around cars, meet people who are auto hobbyists of all sorts. Get off a forum and go to some car shows, make friends then see if your interests is real or if its just a phase that came about for whatever reason. Get some junked engine parts and take them apart, see how it feels to get dirty. On the other hand you can also be into cars and just like to drive them and make them look better aesthetically. You have to figure all this out and its not going to be by looking at videos and books. 

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/

Specialized magazines or websites can give you more of the history involved. Having a car that you can tinker with helped me. Look out for your limits. I was interested in cars in high school and it wasn't until I graduated from an auto tech school that I realized I wasn't that interested in that particular aspect. I saw several people do similar things, like dumping lots of money into modifying their cars that they really didn't enjoy. It's hard, but try to pay attention to what sparks that interest, and focus.

Talking to me and @TheSLSAMG will help.

Also, being around cars will really get you into them. I grew up around an ML500 so I know a fair bit about cars and that German cars are a pain in the ass to fix.

Talking to me and @TheSLSAMG will help.

Also, being around cars will really get you into them. I grew up around an ML500 so I know a fair bit about cars and that German cars are a pain in the ass to fix.

Hey! Me too!  :P

This is a really good channel if you want to learn more about how a car works.. https://www.youtube.com/user/EngineeringExplained/videos

They break down how every bit of a car works, in an understandable manner. Kinda like a techquickie video. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nhLE1LI2BQ

Also, as @techswede said, MightyCarMods. Very LinusTechTips esque in that you learn about cars, while getting an ab workout because you're laughing so much. MAAAAD

I cant stop posting MCM videos.. help

They also have really amazing feature length movies on car culture

Also, watch some Top Gear (UK, should go without saying). 

If you have questions, feel free to ask!

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

car forum

With all the car people and car posts here, LTT basically has it's own small car community/forum

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

With all the car people and car posts here, LTT basically has it's own small car community/forum

I might just start a car thread for such.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

do it pls

Also, try taking a look under the hood of a car sometime. If you love trains (R68A master race bruh) then it's very possible to love cars.

Be sure to post MCM vids (can I halp choose?).

That's all I require

Make one.

do it pls

Also, try taking a look under the hood of a car sometime. If you love trains (R68A master race bruh) then it's very possible to love cars.

sure. idk when i am posting it tho.

trains, i hate trains. they're too noisy and pollute too much.

Be sure to post MCM vids (can I halp choose?).

That's all I require

Make one.

there is usually gonna be a weekly topic (if it ever gets that big)

sure. idk when i am posting it tho.

trains, i hate trains. they're too noisy and pollute too much.

there is usually gonna be a weekly topic (if it ever gets that big)

Creepers loves trains.

Creepers loves trains.

Trains are not allowed on my car forum, ever.

I'm working on one right now xD 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I'm working on one right now xD 

YAY!