Verizon: We Can Basically Charge Netflix For Peering Forever And There’s Nothing The FCC Can Do To Stop It

Victorious Secret

In this front it is just internet, but we have similar issues with the oil industry as well.  I've talked to some people who believe that Big Oil is no longer a pollutant, and that smog is caused from TREE's, and that all fuel emissions now-a-days are 99% clean.  Corporations have ruled this country for a hundred years now.  I am proud to say that thanks to the internet a lot of this is more knowledgeable to people and I believe eventually consumers and people will have control over this, it's slow, but it'll happen.  

yep, oil industries been pulling this kind of shit for over a 100 years. i am gonna laugh though if the ieta project in southern France succeeds, basically spells the end of oil as a fuel

yep, oil industries been pulling this kind of shit for over a 100 years. i am gonna laugh though if the ieta project in southern France succeeds, basically spells the end of oil as a fuel

It's already happening now.  Oil and coal is reaching it's obsoletion.  We can harvest deep ocean currents for power, we can use the wind, sun, geo-thermal, and even nuclear(though if the power grid burns in the fury of the sun.. we'll regret nuclear), but the point being - it's obsolete, and it's about time those executives start pulling their hair, because they aren't fooling as many of this generation as they'd like.  The world is marchin' on with Science and critical thinking is becoming favored(finally).  Only a matter of time before we hopefully reach a point and people are able to look back and go, "How were people so blind to this for so long?  The information was always in grasp."  :D

It's already happening now.  Oil and coal is reaching it's obsoletion.  We can harvest deep ocean currents for power, we can use the wind, sun, geo-thermal, and even nuclear(though if the power grid burns in the fury of the sun.. we'll regret nuclear), but the point being - it's obsolete, and it's about time those executives start pulling their hair, because they aren't fooling as many of this generation as they'd like.  The world is marchin' on with Science and critical thinking is becoming favored(finally).  Only a matter of time before we hopefully reach a point and people are able to look back and go, "How were people so blind to this for so long?  The information was always in grasp."   :D

thats true but renewable s are still a way off from replacing oil as a fuel. electric cars are in there infancy and if everyone has an electric car the grid will need alot more energy.

thats true but renewable s are still a way off from replacing oil as a fuel. electric cars are in there infancy and if everyone has an electric car the grid will need alot more energy.

But solar, wind, hydro, and geothermal do get lobbied against en masse still, and many people believe them to be inferior forms of gaining electricity, when if they were as widely adopted as coal and oil - they likely would be generating plenty, not to mention that some states in America(and in some cases towns) actually ban people from setting up their own solar panels or even companies to sprout up from it.  Same thing like in some states and towns they ban municipal broadband from being created.

But solar, wind, hydro, and geothermal do get lobbied against en masse still, and many people believe them to be inferior forms of gaining electricity, when if they were as widely adopted as coal and oil - they likely would be generating plenty, not to mention that some states in America(and in some cases towns) actually ban people from setting up their own solar panels or even companies to sprout up from it.  Same thing like in some states and towns they ban municipal broadband from being created.

American politicians. "Let the market decide", proceeds to ban competition and work for the companies that focus on being anti competitive.

American politicians. "Let the market decide", proceeds to ban competition and work for the companies that focus on being anti competitive.

It's bad in other countries, but we set the standard of bad in regard to this crap.  "Freedom!"  "Tax breaks!"  Yay tax breaks!  "For corporations!"  Yaay--waitwhat.  Pretty much our politics in a nutshell.  "We won't cave to anything!"  Yay strength!  *Gets pockets lined with money and promises of early retirement.*  "That's not legal!"  It is now.  Ah.  That was a good roleplay of the last one-hundred-and-twenty years.

It's bad in other countries, but we set the standard of bad in regard to this crap.  "Freedom!"  "Tax breaks!"  Yay tax breaks!  "For corporations!"  Yaay--waitwhat.  Pretty much our politics in a nutshell.  "We won't cave to anything!"  Yay strength!  *Gets pockets lined with money and promises of early retirement.*  "That's not legal!"  It is now.  Ah.  That was a good roleplay of the last one-hundred-and-twenty years.

The funny thing is that in the uk the majority of MP's studied a PPE at Oxford, it stands for politics, philosophy and economics. and yet all the flaws of there mostly rightwing-centre politics, philosophy and economics seam completely foreign to them yet anyone who actually understands these topics is pretty much left-wing. i mean the leading economic think-tank in the eu has changed its tune to what the left wing has being saying needs to be done for 40 years.

The funny thing is that in the uk the majority of MP's studied a PPE at Oxford, it stands for politics, philosophy and economics. and yet all the flaws of there mostly rightwing-centre politics, philosophy and economics seam completely foreign to them yet anyone who actually understands these topics is pretty much left-wing. i mean the leading economic think-tank in the eu has changed its tune to what the left wing has being saying needs to be done for 40 years.

And now the EU is a damn good place currently--well, aside from some censorship in Germany in regards to some games, but that's mostly the worst of it.  

And now the EU is a damn good place currently--well, aside from some censorship in Germany in regards to some games, but that's mostly the worst of it.  

we have a few issues in the uk now relating to benefits and taxes. (they believe in trickledown economics) they also want to remove them selves from the EU human rights treaty. but at least they make sure that BT has to share its infra structure with other isps for a fair price. but unfortunately i cant see things changing, the general public in a lot of counties unfortunately can be described in a lot of areas as racist, bigoted and believes that anyone who reads the guardian is a filthy liberal. that's the problem with regionlised voting. 

we have a few issues in the uk now relating to benefits and taxes. (they believe in trickledown economics) they also want to remove them selves from the EU human rights treaty. but at least they make sure that BT has to share its infra structure with other isps for a fair price. but unfortunately i cant see things changing, the general public in a lot of counties unfortunately can be described in a lot of areas as racist, bigoted and believes that anyone who reads the guardian is a filthy liberal. that's the problem with regionlised voting. 

The UK definitely at times seems worse than America.  Not saying it is, but in some aspects it seems.. kind of crazy.  Also I could see things changing in the UK.  I've met / talked with dozens of tech-savy and smart individuals from there and most of whom were just in school or getting out of it.  Change'll happen, but it'll be just like in America - once the ones who've been in power pass on, the youth take over and change things.  The world marches forward, so eventually as do all things.

The UK definitely at times seems worse than America.  Not saying it is, but in some aspects it seems.. kind of crazy.  Also I could see things changing in the UK.  I've met / talked with dozens of tech-savy and smart individuals from there and most of whom were just in school or getting out of it.  Change'll happen, but it'll be just like in America - once the ones who've been in power pass on, the youth take over and change things.  The world marches forward, so eventually as do all things.

the only issue is whats gonna come first. the younger people taking over or the older people fucking everything up  

the only issue is whats gonna come first. the younger people taking over or the older people fucking everything up  

You guys are too optimistic. There are always people who conform to the thoughts of their elders. That's how traditions get set. I think a few who think like the Old Guard will be placed in power. The rest just follow along.

Play the greatest game ever. TF2. http://www.teamfortress.com/

I would drop Optimum for Google in a heart-beat.

come to New York, pretty please?

out of all the isp's you have to admit. they are a decent company compared to the other ass holes in new york. specially in LI where you only have 1-3 choices for isp. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I run a company in a rather small city in middle Germany. Even we manage to get a 10 GigaBit Internet connection (4.280 USD p.m.). My bloody home has 100Megs symmetrical. I feel really sorry for Verizon customers. If this connection is possible in (East) Germany, it should be possible in North-America (as a whole)...

Verizon: We don't care about Title 2, we'll continue to coerce service providers to give us money and there is nothing you can do to stop us

FCC: Revokes Verizon's license to operate as a telecommunications network

Presumably this is an option that could, in theory, be on the table?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I'll say that as soon as Google Fiber is available around here, I'll be the first in the neighborhood to ditch Comcast and sign up for it.