Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

Building a workstation pc to do both video editing, 3D modeling and rendering on a student budget is far from easy so winning this will make me able to build a dream come true!

Thanks. I'd probably end up using it for development/compiling and 3D rendering.

Gotta get something more efficient than my FX8350.

It's too hot here in Australia to game during the day!

That intel cpu might do the trick.

First of all I'd be pretty damn happy to hold this crazy powerfull chip in my hands. ^^

Than I'd change my Intel Core i7 4770k chip which doesn't really deserve the "k" at the end, because 4.1GHz is the end of the line... -.-

I think I got the worst i7 4770k you could ever find. ^^

I would love to get a Core i7 5820K but the cost for them is too much for me.

Oh god !! I would love to have 12 thread !

I will do all the things like streaming, playing and maybe launch a satellite in orbit xD

Intel3570k  at  4.5ghz 1.300v  Noctua NH-D14    Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1   AsrockZ77 Extreme 6/TB4     Corsair8Gb vengeance memory    120GB Corsair Force SSD     1TB WD black      NZXT Switch 810

SELL IT SELL IT SELL IT! jk, i would use this in a mainly gaming rig but i've also have been trying to start up a youtube channel (still looking into recording methods/compression and quality now that 1080p 60fps is out on youtube) as well as doing low level coding compiling/decompiling.

yey \o/

to be honest I would use for gaming and work...but the most interesting thing is... in 4 years a 5820k will probably be enough for anything....

this would be great for the upgrade i was saving up for!  i do a bit of video editing from time to time but this would totally rock for a gaming rig.  :D

:angry: Intel 5-th gen, just what i need to start a build  :D

Sweet giveaway!

If I were to win this, I would save up and try to buy a x99 motherboard.

Who am I kidding?! That's waaaaay to expensive! I would try to pawn it off for some crack cocaine! Hahaa jut kidding, I'd probably try to trade it for a GPU, or sell it, or maybe hold on to it.

Regardless, this is an awesome giveaway.

I would like this CPU to help speed up my video editing work load for school. I'm currently using a quad core and those 2 extra cores would definitely help speed things up.

I would like to enter the giveaway :)

The processor would be the cornerstone of my new rig, with a current system of a i5-3550 & GTX 560ti lagging behind in my favorite games like Arma 3 & DayZ

I would be able to build a new computer because I'm curently saving for this processor anyway. (current laptop is 7years old and dying so I'm planning a huge upgrade)

Sweet, Id love to win this CPU.!!! Thank you Intel and LTT for making this giveaway happen.  Man this community has grow tremendously since it first started. I'm proud to be apart of it and I wish everyone the best of luck on winning this giveaway. Good luck to all :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I'm building a new PC hopefully pretty soon so I'd use it that build, custom watercool it and overclock a crazy amount. I'd use it for some gaming, some rendering and possibly it would be really cool to do some scientific simulations on it in the future.

C0Ff7xo.jpg

INTEL 5820K GIVEAWAY DECEMBER 19-26

Our friends over at Intel have been generous enough to provide us with 2 Core i7 5820K 6-Core Processors to give away to the community! Think of it as an awesome holiday present from Intel to the community :)

How do I enter?
Leave a comment below to enter the draw. One comment (entry) per user.

This is a worldwide giveaway.

Also, please mention in your comment what you would do with the processor if you were to win this giveaway! (This will not affect who wins in any way - winners are chosen at random, this is just a way to add a bit of cool community interaction to the contest) Are you a budding streamer or video editor who will use the extra cores for multi-tasking? Would this chip act as the missing piece for a set of workstation components that you've been eyeing?

Entries close December 26 at 4pm PT, so be sure to leave you comment here before that time. The winner will be selected on December 27.

I would build my first Intel PC, with all that extravagance i wouldn't need my old but still sexy Amd rig. So i would hand that off to my wife and fingers crossed she will sooner appreciate the finer joys of gaming. Needless to say she is a candy crush addict and she needs it.