(Rumor) Microsoft Revealing Oculus Rift Competitor At E3 2015

naihan

I said it before and I'll say it again, if your posts don't equal the levels of serious reporting that I and others do or the sarcasm that @brownninja97 does, stop posting entirely and leave it to the pros at the LTT News Team. 

Don't mess with our flow. We are the guardians of this sections quality topic posting. We say no to the shitposting that involves a single link and a single sentence and a clickbait title. 

Atleast some information from the source would be useful. No ones saying you cant post your "sarcasm" below.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Obviously directed to compete with Sony Playstation VR I assume

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Knowing Microsoft's policy of "Every second version is good", it's probably going to be a disaster.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Least his post is longer than three lines.

There's nothing wrong with this.

Atleast some information from the source would be useful. No ones saying you cant post your "sarcasm" below.

Hey now, people are entitled to an option, i do craft my posts so that they have source information but i try to make it a bit entertaining on the way but thats just my way of writing. I tried changing to be serious and people didnt like it at all so ive returned to my way of posting, most people like it so im sticking to it. if the majority swings in the other direction then i will follow suit. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Will it be the Oculus Rift

or

The Microsoft "insert name" headgear

They made the Microsoft Band right?

I'm thinking maybe the Microsoft HeadBand.  But that would be terrible.

Sig under construction.

gg mod team -_-

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Huh, sounds interesting.

Wonder if they are going to go against Oculus in the PC Market, or be like Sony and be a console exclusive. 

If its an Xbone exclusive then its not really going to be a competitor to the Rift, more just a/the version for that console.

If it is against the rift then its going to be interesting to see how they do. They are a lot later into the game but then again that means that they already know some of the key things to aim for in VR.

They know the resolution needed, they know how helpful low persistence for the screens is, and they do already have some tracking based things with the Kinect (though I remember atleast Kinect V1 wasn't good enough for VR).

So I guess they won't have all the work to do as they can just follow the advancements that have already been made in the field and that should help speed them up.

That said, if it is Xbone exclusive, please make developers aware that a 30 FPS limit on a game isn't anywhere close to usable in VR, unless your game is "Lets throw up 2015".

60 is the bare miniumum with 75 being the current Oculus DK2 (and Cresent Bay? not 100% on that actually), and Oculus is aiming for 90 for consumer.

Guess this last bit applies to Project Morpheous as well, Sony/MS needs to get devs  to understand the importance of higher framerates.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4