GOP Wins...The Interview Canceled

rockking1379

Well if their servers are getting hacked that's hardly a solution is it? :P Maybe google movies could be a better choice but I'm not sure google wants to attract the attention of a group of seemingly skilled hackers... even if they can deal with it I think they won't want the hassle.

I guess google could use it to help train their AI maybe.... fuck it Itunes it is I mean idiots everywhere think you can't hack apple right? lol 

Fair point while Google and a few other digital distribution networks could probably handle it I doubt they'd want the hassle even Netflix probably wouldn't want to bother 

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

-snip

So many things wrong with this. They pulled the movie because a lot of movie theaters said they wouldn't show it, due to the threats = pussies.

Also, if you think giving in to terrorists is acceptable, gtfo. Grow a spine and be prepared to fight back. Unless you are willing to fight in the defense of your rights and your freedom, you have only 1 choice, get in back, shut up, and do what you're told.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Sony did more damage to their company by not releasing the movie than the hackers! They spent 50 or so million dollars making the movie then god knows how much promoting the movie and they decided to cancel the movie all together? If you were a director/actor wanting to make a movie on a controversial topic would you want Sony to produce your movie?

Sony is hurting pretty badly financially at the moment. the only things keeping them afloat right now are the Playstation and their movie production business and they just shot themselves in the foot by saying all it takes are hackers and a threat to cancel a movie completely!  This WILL cost them business. How long before someone else hacks them and decides they dont want an upcoming AAA video game to be made and if its released something bad will happen? Sony just open the floodgates to more of these types of attacks on the film industry and anything else someone might deem offensive.

Dont get me started on the movie theater chains that took Sony up on their offer to not show the movie. The most cowardice and shameful thing they could possibly do .The movie chains probably could have made more money off this film with all the additional media hype around it.

You can not let people force you to live in fear based around something bad that might happen! As an American I have seen our civil liberties, freedom, and privacy all being eroded away (especially over the last decade) because of fear and the worry on the what if. Living in fear is not living at all!

I highly doubt the next Spiderman movie will be any good. I don't think Sony Pictures will be around much longer.

Hey, a guy can hope ^^ besides it doesn't need to be exceptional, all sony needs is for it to make good cash and it has the potential to regardless of how good it is (I hope it's good, but from sony's standpoint it doesn't matter as much).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So many things wrong with this. They pulled the movie because a lot of movie theaters said they wouldn't show it, due to the threats = pussies.

Also, if you think giving in to terrorists is acceptable, gtfo. Grow a spine and be prepared to fight back. Unless you are willing to fight in the defense of your rights and your freedom, you have only 1 choice, get in back, shut up, and do what you're told.

"A terrorist group says that they'll kill everyone in my movie theater chain and in the surrounding area, but I don't care! This is 'MURICA, and they're just silly expert computer hackers." ~Offical statement from Trik'Stari, armchair CEO of Regal Cinemas, at approximately never, because nobody who might become responsible for the deaths of thousands of people think like that!

If it were September 10th, 2001, and Osama bin Laden had told you what he planned to do the next day and how you AND ONLY YOU could stop it, would you do it, or say "whatever, it's only 3,000 people. You're just a terrorist"?

I don't think that pulling the movie was the best choice. I would have waited until the 24th to make the annoncement, which might have given the US enough time to find the terrorists. But I definitely wouldn't have risked thousands of lives over a stupid two-hour B-movie comedy.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

"A terrorist group says that they'll kill everyone in my movie theater chain and in the surrounding area, but I don't care! This is 'MURICA, and they're just silly expert computer hackers." ~Offical statement from Trik'Stari, armchair CEO of Regal Cinemas, at approximately never, because nobody who might become responsible for the deaths of thousands of people think like that!

If it were September 10th, 2001, and Osama bin Laden had told you what he planned to do the next day and how you AND ONLY YOU could stop it, would you do it, or say "whatever, it's only 3,000 people. You're just a terrorist"?

I'd have shot him in the head. I'm not a pussy and not afraid to fight for my life. Perhaps if public places were nothing more than shooting galleries with "no guns allowed" signs everywhere, we wouldn't have these kinds of problems.

Then again, I'm one of those silly people who thinks I have an obligation to take responsibility for my own safety, as well as the safety of those in my vicinity. Instead of a normal person who cowers in the corner waiting to get shot, hoping the police arrive in time to save me.

Personally, I'd pay the US government to air drop DVD and VHS copies of this movie on north korea. Fuck em.

I'd have shot him in the head. I'm not a pussy and not afraid to fight for my life. Perhaps if public places were nothing more than shooting galleries with "no guns allowed" signs everywhere, we wouldn't have these kinds of problems.

1) I added a third part to my post.

2) You must be joking if you think that:

A) Osama bin Laden would meet you in person to threaten you

B) al-Qaeda (a metaphor for the GOP) would say "Aw, shucks. Our leader died. Lets not avenge him or anything."

3) I'm not sure what your last sentence is about. What does remote hacking from thousands of miles away have to do with gun control?

4) Why would a criminal/terrorist care if carrying weapons are legal or not?

Lets not get into a discussion about gun control; this is neither the time, nor the place, and I'm not even sure why it came up.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

1) I added a third part to my post.

2) You must be joking if you think that:

A) Osama bin Laden would meet you in person to threaten you

B) al-Qaeda (a metaphor for the GOP) would say "Aw, shucks. Our leader died. Lets not avenge him or anything."

1. Fair enough

2. It was your hypothetical situation. you neglected to say if he was making a phone call or in person. Personally I have no fear of terrorists.

Once again, I'm not a sheep. I don't let others dictate my actions by kowtowing to threats of violence. If you think that sony would have been to blame for any hypothetical attacks which might have occurred, you're an idiot. The blood would be on the hands of the terrorists, they're the ones actually making the threats.

Instead of blaming a movie for peoples actions, let's blame the people for their actions instead. Just like video games don't make people violent, and spoons don't make people fat. If these jackasses wanted to kill people over a fucking movie, they will probably find a reason to kill people over something else sooner or later. The better solution is to ignore them, prepare to defend yourself, and go about your life, give them no power over you.

Or you can continue being a coward, ringing your hands over whether or not you might offend someone, because being offended by something these days immediately makes you god somehow.

I see you added a little bit more to your other post (about air dropping DVDs), and completely agree. That'd be awesome.

I agree with some of the following post, and disagree with other parts.

Once again, I'm not a sheep. I don't let others dictate my actions by kowtowing to threats of violence. If you think that sony would have been to blame for any hypothetical attacks which might have occurred, you're an idiot. The blood would be on the hands of the terrorists, they're the ones actually making the threats.

Instead of blaming a movie for peoples actions, let's blame the people for their actions instead. Just like video games don't make people violent, and spoons don't make people fat. If these jackasses wanted to kill people over a fucking movie, they will probably find a reason to kill people over something else sooner or later.

Agree.

The better solution is to ignore them, prepare to defend yourself, and go about your life, give them no power over you.

This is where I become conflicted. Part of me says that yes, we should ignore them, as they're probably bluffing, but another part says that ignoring them might make them more angry and urge them to do something to "get our attention," so to speak.

Or you can continue being a coward,

Then you have to consider whether Sony's decision was an act of:

1) Cowardice (bad)

2) Self-preservation (meh, couldn't care less)

3) protection for Christmas-day moviegoers (good)

Then again, every major movie theater chain refused to show it anyway, so they weren't going to make money off of it. They probably figured they should just take a loss and pull it.

ringing your hands over whether or not you might offend someone, because being offended by something these days immediately makes you god somehow.

Agree again.

I must be out of the loop, whats wrong with the name?

They are the names of people who have been banned. Nothing wrong, just interesting.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Personally, I'd pay the US government to air drop DVD and VHS copies of this movie on north korea. Fuck em.

Now that's a good idea haha like the propaganda drops of old but in  modern form and i'm sure being hit by a airdropped DVD would hurt not to mention a VHS I mean if you were lucky enough you could maybe even kill the fool with the movie of him being assassinated they were so against haha

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Now that's a good idea haha

Honestly, I don't see why we haven't taken Nkorea down. Probably because of China. But either way, that's a country than needs some freedom.

Not a ground war mind you, just take out their leadership with airstrikes and keep blowing shit up until they act right.

Honestly, I don't see why we haven't taken Nkorea down. Probably because of China. But either way, that's a country than needs some freedom.

Not a ground war mind you, just take out their leadership with airstrikes and keep blowing shit up until they act right.

Air strikes with big ass film reels of the now canceled movie... It's not like they have any use for them now right? lol

Air strikes with big ass film reels of the now canceled movie... It's not like they have any use for them now right? lol

That, along with food and drink.....laced with LSD.

Can you imagine the Chaos that would ensue?

The amount of Arty that the Norks have pointed at Seoul pose a very real problem for any air campaign. If you dont get all of them, a lot of civilians in Skorea will die.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

False: the "of" in "Democratic People's Republic of Korea" also makes sense.

If the Nazis had called their country the "Utopian Society of the People's Free Will, Cupcakes and Unicorns of Germany," it would've made just as much sense.

So no sense then.

'Of' being a preposition, it's not applicable.

I see you added a little bit more to your other post (about air dropping DVDs), and completely agree. That'd be awesome.

So actually invading their airspace and dropping DVDs that inevitably taken as an act of war, which would lead to actual conflict is less aggressive and dangerous then ignoring a possibly empty threat by 'anonymous' hackers?

Our only hope now is that someone else hacks Sony and releases The Interview...

This is a shame really.

Pfft, this is 'Murica, we don't negotiate with terrorists. Nevermind the fact that they threatened to kill potentially tens of thousands of American citizens on the largest holiday of the year, and never mind that Sony is Japanese (the entire world is 'Murica, BTW) and their actions in no way reflect negatively, positively or otherwise upon 'Murican foreign policy, WE DON'T NEGOTIATE WITH DEM TERRORISTS! Now, I need to go to Walmart to buy me a new XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL camo outfit, then I'll go to McDonalds so I'll gain another 600lb, all while carrying an M4 and a switchblade to spite Obama and his proposed anti-open-carry laws. I BLAME OBAMACARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!

/s

(BTW, I live in America, will probably vote as a Republican in 2020, and have incredibly conservative grandparents, so I can stereotype. :P)

Haha, I'm a registered Republican as well. Funny stuff

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Now that's a good idea haha like the propaganda drops of old but in  modern form and i'm sure being hit by a airdropped DVD would hurt not to mention a VHS I mean if you were lucky enough you could maybe even kill the fool with the movie of him being assassinated they were so against haha

Parachutes.. little tiny ones haha

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Pfft, this is 'Murica, we don't negotiate with terrorists. Nevermind the fact that they threatened to kill potentially tens of thousands of American citizens on the largest holiday of the year, and never mind that Sony is Japanese (the entire world is 'Murica, BTW) and their actions in no way reflect negatively, positively or otherwise upon 'Murican foreign policy, WE DON'T NEGOTIATE WITH DEM TERRORISTS! Now, I need to go to Walmart to buy me a new XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL camo outfit, then I'll go to McDonalds so I'll gain another 600lb, all while carrying an M4 and a switchblade to spite Obama and his proposed anti-open-carry laws. I BLAME OBAMACARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!

/s

(BTW, I live in America, will probably vote as a Republican in 2020, and have incredibly conservative grandparents, so I can stereotype. :P)

I highly doubt the next Spiderman movie will be any good. I don't think Sony Pictures will be around much longer.

'MERICA!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!!1!!

(This is all I'll say.)

Especially that "if you live near a theater, you will want to move" thing. I doubt they realize that pretty much everyone in America lives near a movie theater, but when dealing with potential bombing threats, it's better to assume that they plan on doing as they say- better safe than sorry.

How do the actions of one Japanese corperation affect America in any way?

Also, 'MERICA, 'MERICA 'MURICA 'MURICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!1!1!1!1!!!!!!!1!!!1!!1!!1!!1!!1!!1!!1!1!

^This.

False: the "of" in "Democratic People's Republic of Korea" also makes sense.

If the Nazis had called their country the "Utopian Society of the People's Free Will, Cupcakes and Unicorns of Germany," it would've made just as much sense.

'MURICA.

Much redneck. Such conservative. Wow. (I'm in the middle of conservatives and liberalism, so I partially agree with you)

As I've stated before, Sony is JAPANESE. America was not affected by their giving in to terrorists, which, BTW, I prefer to being killed. :)

Dude, remember, this is North Korea you're talking about. They get offended over ANYTHING.

In hindsight, who goes to see a movie on Christmas anyway?

I'm as far from conservative as you can get. (Okay, that's an exaggeration, but still.) I'm just saying that terrorists don't quit while they're ahead. One of two things is going to happen from this point forward:

1. More threats are going to to come to US companies (btw, as stated previously, the theaters backed out too so it's not just a Japanese company), since they know that we're afraid and can be controlled with threats, or
  2. Either the US, North Korea, or some other country will start a war.

It's a lose-lose situation. I'll be honest though, I'm not sure what the best course of action is. I just know that I can't shake the feeling that it's not just going to end here.