Should i buy surface pro 3 (good price)

thirdworldking

hey so harvey norman australia is selling the surface pro 3 128gb i5 model for just under $1000 and its usually $1200, im not sure if there will be another sale like this again. i have been eyeing it for quite some time now and i need your oppinions should i buy it. im going to be using for school i have researched pretty much everything about it i really like it and i really like the concept.

Yes. From Harvey Norman? No.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Yes. From Harvey Norman? No.

its the cheapest by a long shot, and why whats wrong with harvey norman?

At that price if your absolutely set on getting a tablet over an obviously more capable laptop... Then hell ya! Get it while its hot... and in stock.

| CPU: i5-4670K (OC@4.0ghz | Mobo: Gigabyte-GA-Z97X | RAM: G.SKILL-16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: Gigabyte-R9 280X OC Edition | Drives: OCZ-240gb SSD/500gb HDD | PSU: Corsair-CX 750watt 

| Display: QNIX-QX2710 (1440p/OC@116hz) | Keyboard: Func-KB-460 | Mouse: SteelSeries-Sensie RAW | Audio: SteelSeries-9H Headset | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) |

At that price if your absolutely set on getting a tablet over an obviously more capable laptop... Then hell ya... get while its hot and in stock.

what laptops would you recommend at that price point with similar form factor?

its the cheapest by a long shot, and why whats wrong with harvey norman?

Well, shit service to tell the truth. I would work there, but they have shit service. We bought a 'top of the line' HP from them, and when the HDD crapped out, they said they could recover 4+ years of photos, and they lost all of our photos, me loosing my first tooth (i know it doesn't sound like much but still) photos of our dog that died, photos from holidays, and also when i broke my Toshiba laptop, it was away for 4 months. Only good thing they've ever done, was that they upgraded my laptop instead of fixing it and replacing it. But still harvey norman's sucks. Even my old mate @alby800 agrees.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Well, shit service to tell the truth. I would work there, but they have shit service. We bought a 'top of the line' HP from them, and when the HDD crapped out, they said they could recover 4+ years of photos, and they lost all of our photos, me loosing my first tooth (i know it doesn't sound like much but still) photos of our dog that died, photos from holidays, and also when i broke my Toshiba laptop, it was away for 4 months. Only good thing they've ever done, was that they upgraded my laptop instead of fixing it and replacing it. But still harvey norman's sucks. Even my old mate @alby800 agrees.

well that is a terrible experience, that would suck big time. i have had a few experiences with them and they weren't that bad, i mean if there was another store selling it for that price then sure but they are the only ones.

well that is a terrible experience, that would suck big time. i have had a few experiences with them and they weren't that bad, i mean if there was another store selling it for that price then sure but they are the only ones.

Yeah, i mean yea it's a great deal, but if you want to risk it by buying there do it. I mean, if it does crap out just send it directly to microsoft instead of taking it back to Harvey Norman. AND DON'T GET FLEXI-RENT IF THEY OFFER IT TO YOU!

what laptops would you recommend at that price point with similar form factor?

Exactly... imo for $1000 bucks your not getting a whole lot in terms of specs/performance that you cant already get on a $500 laptop (or less) except for the touchscreen and form factor...

| CPU: i5-4670K (OC@4.0ghz | Mobo: Gigabyte-GA-Z97X | RAM: G.SKILL-16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: Gigabyte-R9 280X OC Edition | Drives: OCZ-240gb SSD/500gb HDD | PSU: Corsair-CX 750watt 

| Display: QNIX-QX2710 (1440p/OC@116hz) | Keyboard: Func-KB-460 | Mouse: SteelSeries-Sensie RAW | Audio: SteelSeries-9H Headset | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) |

Yeah, i mean yea it's a great deal, but if you want to risk it by buying there do it. I mean, if it does crap out just send it directly to microsoft instead of taking it back to Harvey Norman. AND DON'T GET FLEXI-RENT IF THEY OFFER IT TO YOU!

thanks for the heads up, oh yeah now way am i doing that and ill only do extended warranty if its under a 100 which it wont be

Exactly... imo for $1000 bucks your not getting a whole lot in terms of specs/performance that you cant already get on a $500 laptop (or less) except for the touchscreen and form factor...

True that, could always get a 2 in 1 for around $600.

True that, could always get a 2 in 1 for around $600.

do you know if you can get any that run full windows 8? none of that rt shit

do you know if you can get any that run full windows 8? none of that rt shit

Yeah! a Dell Inspirion 11 3000 series laptop! i was going to get one. Heres a link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dell-Inspiron-11-3000-2-in-1-Tablet-Laptop-4GB-RAM-Touch-HD-Dual-Core-500GB-/390908298286?pt=AU_comp_laptop&hash=item5b03f3442e not the most powerful thing in the world, but you can change the HDD in it for a SSHD or SSD, and can upgrade it to 8gb of ram for photoshop.

Yeah! a Dell Inspirion 11 3000 series laptop! i was going to get one. Heres a link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dell-Inspiron-11-3000-2-in-1-Tablet-Laptop-4GB-RAM-Touch-HD-Dual-Core-500GB-/390908298286?pt=AU_comp_laptop&hash=item5b03f3442e not the most powerful thing in the world, but you can change the HDD in it for a SSHD or SSD, and can upgrade it to 8gb of ram for photoshop.

im not sure if its my cup of tea, but thanks for the suggestion :) it always good to compare