Is the Schiit Fulla enough for the HD 600s?

Sonefiler

Hey guys,

So for Christmas I was planning on asking for a Schiit Fulla and a set of HD600s.

But on further inspection I saw that the Schiit Fulla supplies 40mW at 300Ohms, what the HD600s have.

Is 40mW going to be loud enough for HD 600s?

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Yeah, so would a $40 option that sounds the same....e.g. Syba Dac. 

Yeah, so would a $40 option that sounds the same....e.g. Syba Dac. 

Looks cheap. I like the look of the Schiit one and its size. Also it's not outsourced to China so I can trust its build quality more.

Looks cheap. I like the look of the Schiit one and its size. Also it's not outsourced to China so I can trust its build quality more.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

so instead of a giant factory you trust a small company with handbuilt products, which has had.. meh history, and the first batch of Fullas were faulty.. okay

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

A FiiO E10K would do you just fine, as would decent onboard audio minus the interference. There are so many misconceptions about headphones and what's needed to drive them. -_-

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

If your gonna go schitt the magni is decent. 40mw probably wont be enough for a decent volume. 

E10K would probably do ok but those cans are twice what Fiio reccomends for it. 

If your gonna go schitt the magni is decent. 40mw probably wont be enough for a decent volume. 

E10K would probably do ok but those cans are twice what Fiio reccomends for it. 

Edit: thought OP said 650's, edited post to 600's specs.

They get to 98 DB with 1 MW, and around 112 with 40.

Sensitivity: 98 dB

dwh5r.png

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

so instead of a giant factory you trust a small company with handbuilt products, which has had.. meh history, and the first batch of Fullas were faulty.. okay

Yes, especially since they were willing to delay the product and scrap a lot of stuff they had already made just to fix the faulty ones. 

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Aesthetics are important to me, as well as portablilty.

Yes, especially since they were willing to delay the product and scrap a lot of stuff they had already made just to fix the faulty ones. 

Where did you find that info? I'm pretty sure they had to recall all the faulty ones, and there aren't any left on their site now either due to a "production glitch", so good luck getting one now.

Where did you find that info? I'm pretty sure they had to recall all the faulty ones, and there aren't any left on their site now either due to a "production glitch", so good luck getting one now.

on their site:

STATUS: Production glitch. Orders are temporarily suspended. We expect to re-open orders by 12/15.

Edit: thought OP said 650's, edited post to 600's specs.

They get to 98 DB with 1 MW, and around 112 with 40.

Sensitivity: 98 dB

dwh5r.png

And to add that, 110dB is roughly the loudness of a chainsaw @1m

image004.jpg

on their site:

STATUS: Production glitch. Orders are temporarily suspended. We expect to re-open orders by 12/15.

"by 12/15" which is today. still not open. also I asked where you find the info that said "they were willing to delay the product and scrap a lot of stuff they had already made just to fix the faulty ones."

"by 12/15" which is today. still not open. also I asked where you find the info that said "they were willing to delay the product and scrap a lot of stuff they had already made just to fix the faulty ones."

They are recalling, as you literally just said. That means that the ones they are recalling are being wasted.

Also they care enough about their product to fix problems with it.

That's just my view on it; I have no bias so feel free to try to convince me (nicely, otherwise I won't respond)

They are recalling, as you literally just said. That means that the ones they are recalling are being wasted.

Also they care enough about their product to fix problems with it.

That's just my view on it; I have no bias so feel free to try to convince me (nicely, otherwise I won't respond)

but "scrap a lot of stuff they had already made just to fix the faulty ones" isn't fixing faulty ones, it's throwing away faulty ones and giving customers new ones. I don't remember where, but think I saw someone say that the issue was a component put in backwards.

but hey if you want it, not gonna stop you. also we don't know how loud exactly you want it to be, so specs won't tell us anything, as your definition of loud enough might not be as loud as someone elses. I'd go for the Syba because it's cheaper and does the job nicely.

also: I'm sceptical about Schiit because of this: http://nwavguy.blogspot.no/2011/07/banned-at-head-fi.html

but "scrap a lot of stuff they had already made just to fix the faulty ones" isn't fixing faulty ones, it's throwing away faulty ones and giving customers new ones. I don't remember where, but think I saw someone say that the issue was a component put in backwards.

but hey if you want it, not gonna stop you. also we don't know how loud exactly you want it to be, so specs won't tell us anything, as your definition of loud enough might not be as loud as someone elses. I'd go for the Syba because it's cheaper and does the job nicely.

also: I'm sceptical about Schiit because of this: http://nwavguy.blogspot.no/2011/07/banned-at-head-fi.html

I see the confusion; I didn't mean that they actually fixed each one, I meant that they fixed the assembly line that was doing their job wrong.

And that bottom link, that's pretty scary, but now they have an Asgard V2

But it least the Schiit products look nice, god forbid you say anything bad about something thats shiny and pretty. 

I see the confusion; I didn't mean that they actually fixed each one, I meant that they fixed the assembly line that was doing their job wrong.

And that bottom link, that's pretty scary, but now they have an Asgard V2

yeah they did fix it but it's still a little.. eh.

but hey, they get good reviews, their products are visually appealing, and to some the "made in USA" thing is an amazing thing. I don't really care for that though, the Syba thing isn't exactly expensive, so you can't expect full aluminium cases and stuff. the insides are what matters the most IMO.

but hey, they get good reviews, their products are visually appealing, and to some the "made in USA" thing is an amazing thing. I don't really care for that though, the Syba thing isn't exactly expensive, so you can't expect full aluminium cases and stuff. the insides are what matters the most IMO.

Insides matter most period, E.G. friends truck, looks really nice, $3000 paint job, tasteful rims, nice body work, original engine and tranny with 280k miles (450,616km) on them and it probably makes about 80hp at the wheels. But it at least looks nice!

Disagree, if that were the case I would have bought a 200R instead of my 450D for my computer Chassis

In that price range, you're better off with a FiiO E10K. You can hardly complain about the aesthetics of brushed black aluminum.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

In that price range, you're better off with a FiiO E10K. You can hardly complain about the aesthetics of brushed black aluminum.

Indeed?