My Personal Mechanical Keyboard Review List

shirokado

sorry to say this is a poor review... started off ok but turned into a bells and whistles fest.

while looks is a good enough reason to reject a keyboard. for some people its a bit deeper than that.

my biggest concern is the NKrol function, more commonly known as anti ghost. most of the keyboard you mention have 3-10 key roll over which really does limit functionality way more than not having a back-light.

keyboards are meant to detect keypresses and if they stop doing that at any point the keyboard is useless.

for the most part i would agree with your points but really there is a lot more to keyboards than what you see in a linus vid. yes we see lots of oh! backlighting, oh! usb2 pass though and marcro's but iver never seen a review that actually separates the players from the played.

a good keyboard regardless of brand will support full nkroll over usb2 or ps2. a poor 1 wont.

fact is most of the keyboard you have are just garbage pretending to be gaming keyboard with flashy lights and irrelevant functionality.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

sorry to say this is a poor review... started off ok but turned into a bells and whistles fest.

while looks is a good enough reason to reject a keyboard. for some people its a bit deeper than that.

my biggest concern is the NKrol function, more commonly known as anti ghost. most of the keyboard you mention have 3-10 key roll over which really does limit functionality way more than not having a back-light.

keyboards are meant to detect keypresses and if they stop doing that at any point the keyboard is useless.

for the most part i would agree with your points but really there is a lot more to keyboards than what you see in a linus vid. yes we see lots of oh! backlighting, oh! usb2 pass though and marcro's but iver never seen a review that actually separates the players from the played.

a good keyboard regardless of brand will support full nkroll over usb2 or ps2. a poor 1 wont.

fact is most of the keyboard you have are just garbage pretending to be gaming keyboard with flashy lights and irrelevant functionality.

I don't know about you, but I have 10 fingers. So I really see no point.in n-key rollover.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

The Blackwidow 2013 is a lot better than the first version, the build quality is better and it's not all glossy, so no fingerprints. Also, the switches feel nice, so... :D

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

shirokado, on 21 Jun 2013 - 3:38 PM, said:

I don't know about you, but I have 10 fingers. So I really see no point.in n-key rollover.

because its stops combo blocking where you hit specific key combos and they just dont register.

say you have w,a,c shift and ctrl already depressed. but you need to press p j or k to round off the combo but you find p works but j and k dont. because there on a different part of the key matrix you have just found a combo key block and your 10 key roll over just turned into a 5 key roll for that combo. it will do the same for many more combos of keys (although you will have to figure them out)

the razer black widow is a prime example of this/

razer keyboards will have 3-10 key roll over depending on what mode your in and what key combo you press if you have 1 please feel free to test it.

the problem arises is because of the way the key matrix is laid out. it means that there will be more than 1 instance of this happening and potentially it will happen with every key combo you use if its not immediately adjacent to the keys your already pressing...

nkroll over completely removes this issue.

so yes mate full key roll over is an important thing on a keyboard for usability.

not only that some games allow 2 players to use the keyboard at 1s.

i dunno if you play fighters but teken allows up to 2 players and needs 10 keys for each.

point of fact is that mechanical keyboards should have nkroll over by default at the prices we are paying for them.

yes cherry switches are nice but utterly pointless if they dont register after 3-10 keypresses.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

OP, wil you be updating this?

I'm looking forward to see if you have a review for the CM Storm keybaords

The Syndicate

The shine 3 if it is aluminum will be AMAZING and in browns with white LEDs OMG!!!

Yeah I had a nerdgasm when I heard about the shine III having aluminum *jizz*

I have the shine II and the year of the draon that I have spent over $300 on keycap sets and modifications on lol

Ducky makes only the best FOR SURE

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

because its stops combo blocking where you hit specific key combos and they just dont register.

say you have w,a,c shift and ctrl already depressed. but you need to press p j or k to round off the combo but you find p works but j and k dont. because there on a different part of the key matrix you have just found a combo key block and your 10 key roll over just turned into a 5 key roll for that combo. it will do the same for many more combos of keys (although you will have to figure them out)

the razer black widow is a prime example of this/

razer keyboards will have 3-10 key roll over depending on what mode your in and what key combo you press if you have 1 please feel free to test it.

the problem arises is because of the way the key matrix is laid out. it means that there will be more than 1 instance of this happening and potentially it will happen with every key combo you use if its not immediately adjacent to the keys your already pressing...

nkroll over completely removes this issue.

so yes mate full key roll over is an important thing on a keyboard for usability.

not only that some games allow 2 players to use the keyboard at 1s.

i dunno if you play fighters but teken allows up to 2 players and needs 10 keys for each.

point of fact is that mechanical keyboards should have nkroll over by default at the prices we are paying for them.

yes cherry switches are nice but utterly pointless if they dont register after 3-10 keypresses.

How do you press more then 10 keys. That's mu question...

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

OP, wil you be updating this?

I'm looking forward to see if you have a review for the CM Storm keybaords

IM gonna keeo adding as. Get more and more keyboards.

How do you press more then 10 keys. That's mu question...

thats irrelevant. i already told you why limiting key roll over causes issues. if i press 4 keys and the 5th doesnt register because its on a different key matrix then its an issue.

like i said limiting the roll over will cause issues especially on the likes of the razer keyboards that have there patented key matrix. 

seriously dont bother taking my word for it go look it up...

thats irrelevant. i already told you why limiting key roll over causes issues. if i press 4 keys and the 5th doesnt register because its on a different key matrix then its an issue.

like i said limiting the roll over will cause issues especially on the likes of the razer keyboards that have there patented key matrix. 

seriously dont bother taking my word for it go look it up...

its a 10 key rollover, why would the 5th key not register..

Actually it is Taiwan who uses Traditional Chinese, and China and Hong Kong use Simplified

Actually, both Taiwan and Hong Kong use Traditional Chinese, although I believe Hong Kong uses certain elements of Simplified Chinese as well. Only China uses Simplified Chinese.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Actually, both Taiwan and Hong Kong use Traditional Chinese, although I believe Hong Kong uses certain elements of Simplified Chinese as well. Only China uses Simplified Chinese.

I'm Taiwanese never bothered with China and Hong Kong lol.

its a 10 key rollover, why would the 5th key not register..

no, its upto 10 key roll over... plz stop with the trolling and go look it up yourself...

no, its upto 10 key roll over... plz stop with the trolling and go look it up yourself...

Wtf are u talking.about.... 10 key rollovver= up to 10 krys registered. Why would the 5th key not register