Super Hot (i7 4790k)

its a baller chip. but the binning process might be questionable.

these chips are designed to operate at 4.4GHz. it will only hit 4.4GHz (on all cores) automatically with xmp enabled. xmp is technically overclocking and as we know overclocking is not officially supported lol

makes me wonder if intel validates 4.4ghz on the stock coolers. when you enable xmp and get 4.4ghz your chip will automatically run somewhere between 1.225V and 1.3V. even at 1.275V thats a fair amount of heat to dissipate from a haswell core on a stock cooling solution. mind you the new thermal interface material is pretty good IMO and we are seeing reasonable temps for the most part. unless your one of those people that didnt mount the h100i properly hehe.

still with a baseclock of 4.0ghz thats still pretty good even with a stock cooler.

Im wondering if that agressive 4.4GHz voltage is built in the cpu or not. Motherboards tend to guess voltages so if you test the same chip on different boards to find that out it will be informative. I actually went through several rive boards and the voltage under the agressive turbo has always been the same.

Have you considered the airplex modularity system 240mm rad with d5 pump and res integrated? Its just 250$ orsomething

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/media/image/35324.jpg

Im wondering if that agressive 4.4GHz voltage is built in the cpu or not. Motherboards tend to guess voltages so if you test the same chip on different boards to find that out it will be informative. I actually went through several rive boards and the voltage under the agressive turbo has always been the same.

Have you considered the airplex modularity system 240mm rad with d5 pump and res integrated? Its just 250$ orsomething

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/media/image/35324.jpg

i turned off turbo. voltages stay under 1. and i have the NCASE M1 so thats not gonna fit nor do i really need a new cooler. thanks though

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP