Planing to save up for a future build

MPNumB

Hello. I'm planing to save up some money for future build. But am curious if now I'd have the meens, what would be the best rig currently. I already have some ideas, but there are few things where some advice/recommendations would be welcome. Following the forum rules, here's some info.

1. Budged and location
Location: Europe. Planed budged: 2000€ (about 2500USD, about 2850CAD), max budged: 2600€ (about 3200USD, 3700CAD).

2. Aim.
Gaming. First person shooters. Extreme graphics with as stable high fps as possible (except stability of nVidia TITAN Z - that card is way too expensive).

3. Monitors.
2 or 3 monitors, but secondary monitors will be disabled almost all of the time. Enabled rarely and only when doing non-3D related things, so lets consider the number of monitors plugged in as 1. The resolution of it... Not quite sure, since am planing to update the monitor as well, but that's a different story. Let's say 1920x1080.

4. Peripherals.
Temperature monitoring device. Monitor (with monitor in the picture, budgets goes up by 600€ - about 750USD, about 850CAD. Preferebly G-SYNC,1920x1080 will do - have no need for 4K). Am planing on the OS Windows 10 which will make the budged even higher, but it's not yet released, so let's pretend no-OS.

5. Why am I upgrading.
Desire higher and more stable frame rate at demanding games, and at non-demanding games more stable FPS. My current computer is:
CPU: Intel Core Q8200 2.33Ghz 4cores
Motherboard: GA-EP43-DS3 (PCI-e 2.0)
RAM: 4GB (2x2GB) 800Mhz DDR2
GPU: 650GTX Ti (2GB) as primary and 450GTS 1GB as secondary for PhysX and CUDA (setted up in nVidia panel) and for secondary monitor which I use quite rarely.
Case: Midi Tower ATX CK-35 (650GTX is basically the bigest card what I can fit in).
Storage: 750GB HDD 5400RPM
Power: 750Watt

Meanwhile based on the research I've made here's what got my interest:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k
RAM: DDR3 16GB (2x8) 1600Mhz
GPU: nVidia 780GTX Ti or nVidia 980 GTX
MotherBoard: Gigabyte z97x gaming 3
Storage: 1TB 10.000RPM + 500GB (doesn't matter what RPM) (I don't trust SSDs, since am finding myself constantly copying large files.)
Additions: Sentry LX (fan controller/temperature monitoring), Internal Card Reader (if I'm right that's the 2.5'' thing for cf/md sm ms/mspro sd/mmc), dvd/cd-rw room
Power Suply Unit: 1000Watt ?
Case: Resewill BLACKHAWK Gaming ATX Mid Tower ?
Extra Fans: 2x120mm Blue LED 3pin, 2x140mm Blue LED 3pin
Addons: Fan filters for all fans (with that case fans it's 3x140, 4x120), tv-card

But I'm thinking to take 650GTX from current computer as secondary graphics card, Internal Card Reader, and gigabyte tv-card gt-p8000 as well.

However I do have some questions. Mainly are all this things compatable? Am concerned will Sentry LX support LED fans, will graphics card and motherboard fit in the case. What power supply should this system have? Also monitor with g-sync which is currently easely accessable for me is AOC Monitor LED G2460PG 24''. Any ideas on it - glare, viewing from side, bad colors?

For gaming you don't need an i7, an i5 4690K is just as good as that i7 4790K in gaming.

I'd also suggest getting a WD Black instead of the 10,000RPM HDD as that will be quite loud in comparison.

Get the 980 instead of 780.

And for the PSU, even if doing SLI with two 980s you wont really need more than around 750w, I'd suggest getting the psu from corsair, seasonic, silverstone, or evga.

You can't really use a 980 and 650 together unless using it as a physX card, though even then its poinless as the 980 can easily do a better job at it than the 650.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

You should be able to get away with an SSD pretty easily. They're really not that unreliable. I've had a friend using my computer doing heavy photoshop work (constant writes, huge files topping 30gb) on a 4+ year old, already heavily used 60gb (larger capacities have better reliability) SSD and it's still going strong.

The reliability has increase many times over, so the SSD's out now are considerably more secure. They're are a few lasting into the petabytes in writes; I'm sure your work loads aren't that extensive ;)

You don't need a 1000w PSU by any stretch of the imagination. One card, 750w (only because they're generally only dollars apart from lower wattage models), I'd go up to 1000w if you're planning on overclocking the CPU and cards just for the overhead.

I wouldn't bother putting the 650ti for the same reason @TheKDub said.

Honestly I don't think GSync is really worth it on a 1080p monitor. I mean if it's about the same price, go at'er, but I'd rather put the money towards a nice IPS display than a TN one.

This one likely suffers from the same characteristics most TN panels do; shite viewing angles and lackluster colors.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Hi i have a 2000 euro pc now and i have some good advice i hope.

What i reccomend

Ram:corsair vengeance pro 2133 (red)

Cpu:I7 4790K

Powersupply: corsair ax 850w (it has verry verry nice sleeved cables)

Gpu: asus gtx 980

Case: i suggest buying a bigger one great for future proofnes. I reccomand big-tower. I have the nzxt phantom 820 it has more than enough space.

Drives: 256gb boot drive (strongly reccomand samsung 840) and 2tb hd (wd red)

Mobo: asus maximus VII hero

Watercooling: corsair h110

Windows: 7 (i hate windows modern ui) and 64 bit haha

And i constanty write stuff to my ssd iv got 1 256gb one and a 1 tb one, in 1 year i wrote 13 tb of data to my boot drive and it has no problems ever. Also samsung drives have a function called rapid mode it uses your ram to exeed 16000mb/s read/write speeds!

With these parts you can game on ultra 40+ fps on 1080p.

Also for monitors i have a asus mx 279h it has amazing color reproduction and. 5ms response time, exellent to game on.

For the power supply i have 850 watt and almost the same components and i pull abbout 450watts from the wall while gaming.

All these components are compateble the only thing you have to concentrate on when choosing components is:

Mobo and cpu do they have the same number (1150/1155/2011) these are the numbers of pinns.

Gpu nothing to worry abbout aslong as its not a potato.

Gsync. All new cards from nvidia support it i think it was from 600series on up.

Mobo: look for its size atx/matx/itx/e-atx/Xl-atx

If you have any questions just ask :)

Greetings from the netherlands!

Ok, this gives me some more questions.

Using 980GTX and 650GTX Ti. 980 would work faster with PhysX and CUDA, but wouldn't that slow down the rest of the graphics card? When enabling extra monitor(s), they would be plugged in to the secondary graphics card - would that allow the primary card one to continue on it's normal load? No SLI by the way.

Power suply - just to be on a safe side would it be bad if I have a bit more Watts? I am not planing on overclocking, and I do agree that 1000 is a big shot, but if lets say I'd install 850, that would be enough plus it would leave room for improvements in the future? Or would that be too much? Simply cause I'm planing to also go with quite a few led fans and fan controller/temperature monitor which has it's own screen. Earlier I had 9800GT only, and my PSU blew up (500Watt) - I had it replaced with 750Watt. It did mess up the on-case-clock - time was flying way faster, but I did notice that in overall my computer started to perfom much faster while still staying in the same temperature as before.

Can speed of 3pin led fans be controlled? This one is actually a big for me, since I want a fan controller/temperature monitor, but while also having a nice view of the computer. Also are fan filters various size hard to come by? I know this is kind of a stupid question, but I tryed to search some computer shops nearby, and didn't get much results.

About the CPU, I still think I'd rather go with i7. Better spend more than regret later. Plus when I'm not gaming, I'm usually multi-tasking a lot. Not often (quite rare actually), but sometimes I do find myself making my current CPU sweat a bit, and when that happens I just have to wait for one or an other task to be over so I could proceed doing other things - I really don't want that problem in the future.

About the SSDs, yes, I have heard that they are much more reliable now. But I'm not fully convinced of that. Plus to be hobest I'm not really sure which brand to trust. Also still, they do add quite a lot of cost to the build if planing on 1TB + 500GB backup. But in the future hopefully price will drop, so I still want to know which brand is more reliable. :D I have heard of WD Black HDDs. How do they compare to 1TB VelociRaptor 10000rpm?

About motherboard and CPU, yes - GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 supports i7-4790K.

Having more Mhz (when going above about 1800) in ram increase ram latency (which basically cancels each other out) or is that just a mith?

// EDIT:

Sorry, just now realized, I've posted this in the wrong forum section. Hope it's not too big of an inconvinience. My bad.