What if the ps4 could take your big picture games to your tv?

couldn't figure out if this was more console or PC, think this is the more appropriate place for it.

I was browsing some reaction videos about the debacle, and it dawned on me.

Nvidia can stream your games to a handheld android device, so what if the ps4 could take steam big picture games from your pc and send the controller back through the network. With the ease of that things like general media streaming would be small feats, xbox is busy touting themselves as a media box but if Valve and Sony do that, theres no need for you to ever buy an... anything.

Everyone and their mum, or more likely their bro, have a windows laptop and with anything from the highest rated apus up there are some pretty nice controller friendly games on steam.

If its brought through with GaiKai then suddenly Sony wins the everything race.

If it was general screen output then, emulated consoles and the like are made available.

A more likely scenario I came up with as I was writing this is some modder lets you dual boot a linux iso that contains this function or a homebrew app but so long as you can couch game with the ps4 games and your entire pc lineup the implementation doesn't matter to me.

Not gonna happen. The closest you're gonna get to "streamed games" is using Sony's new GaiKai service for playing PS3 games.

This gives me an idea. Since both the XBox One and the PS4 are x86 based, could someone make it run Windows and hence Steam making it a cheap living room gaming PC? I have no idea how retarded this sounds or if it even is remotely possible, so please forgive my ignorance.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Not gonna happen. The closest you're gonna get to "streamed games" is using Sony's new GaiKai service for playing PS3 games.

I know its nice to dream, the modder part is far more likely though.

What if... you place your pc next to your tv and plug it in and plug in a controller.... :OOO

what if your workstation can't be moved to the lounge.. not everyone has a lanbox or a gaming laptop

This gives me an idea. Since both the XBox One and the PS4 are x86 based, could someone make it run Windows and hence Steam making it a cheap living room gaming PC? I have no idea how retarded this sounds or if it even is remotely possible, so please forgive my ignorance.

windows runs on pretty particular drivers and software, though it is a very broad set assuming the hardware isn't too special it's possible, though here will be shit all to no drivers which would work. Linux is far more likley

I know its nice to dream, the modder part is far more likely though.

I doubt that as well.

what if your workstation can't be moved to the lounge.. not everyone has a lanbox or a gaming laptop

You could do what I do. Use really long cables in the walls. And there's also wireless adapters that can stream what's on your desktop screen to a display. Intel WiDi is one of them.

I doubt that as well.

You could do what I do. Use really long cables in the walls. And there's also wireless adapters that can stream what's on your desktop screen to a display. Intel WiDi is one of them.

quite a few people tried with putting linux on the ps3, there will atleast be one distro for linux so the stretch is just missing proof of concept

I dont think thats a mass appeal solution which put display and controller back and forth. Everyone has a wifi router and a lot of parents will have kids with consoles I feel my scenario is closer to the average middle class consumer

quite a few people tried with putting linux on the ps3, there will atleast be one distro for linux so the stretch is just missing proof of concept

I dont think thats a mass appeal solution which put display and controller back and forth. Everyone has a wifi router and a lot of parents will have kids with consoles I feel my scenario is closer to the average middle class consumer

I have no idea why anyone would want to run linux on a console. They just want to do so for bragging rights. It's not like linux will provide you a better experience than the PS4's original OS. In fact, there goes your ability to play games at all.

A cheap lanbox that can play all games (although some on low) wouldn't cost much more than a PS3 (If more in the first place), and with a wireless dongle it can just be controlled by a wireless 360 controller laying on your coffee table (Bigpicture ftw), no need to buy a ps3. 

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

I have no idea why anyone would want to run linux on a console. They just want to do so for bragging rights. It's not like linux will provide you a better experience than the PS4's original OS. In fact, there goes your ability to play games at all.

like I said, it would HAVE to be a dual boot. It only provide utility function and mining bitcoins or folding. Besides WHO wouldn't want the bragging rights to say "I PUT LINUX ON A PS4, what can you program"!!!!

A cheap lanbox that can play all games (although some on low) wouldn't cost much more than a PS3 (If more in the first place), and with a wireless dongle it can just be controlled by a wireless 360 controller laying on your coffee table (Bigpicture ftw), no need to buy a ps3. 

but what if you already had a ps4! Its not a GET THIS ITS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN, its a oh you have these already? Here have a satisfying solution

like I said, it would HAVE to be a dual boot. It only provide utility function and mining bitcoins or folding. Besides WHO wouldn't want the bragging rights to say "I PUT LINUX ON A PS4, what can you program"!!!!

Mining? On an APU GPU? .........

but what if you already had a ps4! Its not a GET THIS ITS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN, its a oh you have these already? Here have a satisfying solution

Meh, it's not that many people who have a 900D gaming rig (Or anything like that in non-portability), a PS4 and a wish to play pc games on their tv.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

Mining? On an APU GPU? .........

not these days I was thinking of back when the ps3 was the cool powerful box, but back when you could get one bitcoin real easy

Meh, it's not that many people who have a 900D gaming rig (Or anything like that in non-portability), a PS4 and a wish to play pc games on their tv.

by that logic theres probably not many people who want to use an Nvidia shield for in house streaming but this is the same 'kind' of solution