McNuggets 'Pink Slime' Myth Debunked

Opcode

I dont care, I have eaten worse things than pink slime.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

The pink slime is nothing to do with the chicken you tit.

It's the beef, from cows. It's when the meat is scraped off the bone, with chips of the bone in the mix, cleaned with ammonia. It's then used as a filler, to reduce the amount of "good" beef parts used in their burgers etc.

You ain't debunked a damn thing OP.

Nnnnno.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

And? You saw the video.

The video explains how it's not used in chicken mcnuggets.

I pointed out that Pink slime was used in their beef products, not chicken. What OP was trying to debunk was what has been circulating social media in the US, that it was used in chicken mcnuggets. When in fact, it is used in beef products (burgers etc).

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I pointed out that Pink slime was used in their beef products, not chicken. What OP was trying to debunk was what has been circulating social media in the US, that it was used in chicken mcnuggets. When in fact, it is used in beef products (burgers etc).

I wasn't trying to debunk anything. I am not Grant Imahara. You're missing the whole point of this thread.

I wasn't trying to debunk anything. I am not Grant Imahara. You're missing the whole point of this thread.

I'm glad that they're coming clean about what is in mcnuggets from that 1 Tyson Factory but I won't remain silent about the Bait and Switch of the Pink Slime argument.

I hate to get tinfoil hatty but it feels like they are debunking a false made up pink slime statement on mcnuggets to provide ammo on falsifying Pink Slime in general.

having done a few general searches on pink slime the overwhelming majority of articles are about Pink slime Beef and not pink slime Chicken.

I would much rather have horse meat in my ground meat over ammonia treated false meat any day

Apparently you didn't get the memo (must not be from 'merica) as you clearly don't even know the whole story. Regardless to Wikipedia searches and the whole nine yards people still tend to believe that McNuggets consist of the whole chicken processed into what was referred to by the rumor as 'Pink Slime' after being dipped in ammonia for a few hours to kill bacteria. I'm not the creator of the rumor as it's idiocy at its finest and several years old now. Tho it's nice to see some recognizable faces (Grant Imahara) debunking these food myths that spread stupidity across social media (sort of like your past few posts).

He is likely getting paid to do these said myth debunking's as there would be no other reason to do so. 

Tell me where in the world you plan on eating a 1 dollar burger that's not filled with additives to keep costs low? That said I still wouldn't trust chicken from Mcdonald's either way. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

He is likely getting paid to do these said myth debunking's as there would be no other reason to do so. 

Tell me where in the world you plan on eating a 1 dollar burger that's not filled with additives to keep costs low? That said I still wouldn't trust chicken from Mcdonald's either way. 

He's being paid there's no doubt about that.

Depends I can get enough burger from the market for under $1 to make myself two cheeseburgers with real beef.  :D

Tho as said there are additives to fast food products. In fact where I live Mc.Donalds is close to our college so they load the burgers with sugar to secretly promote sales.

You posted a video, showing that pink slime is not used in McNuggets. I pointed out that "Pink Slime" has nothing to do with chicken, since it being made from beef. I thought it common knowledge that the pink sludge is not used in their chicken products, but in their beef. You then  informed me that it's been circulated around social media that it was, hence why you posted the video. One thing i forgot to point out however, is that McDonalds used it during 2004 - 2011, but not any more.

Now, what exactly have i mistaken?

You posted a video, showing that pink slime is not used in McNuggets. I pointed out that "Pink Slime" has nothing to do with chicken, since it being made from beef. I thought it common knowledge that the pink sludge is not used in their chicken products, but in their beef. You then  informed me that it's been circulated around social media that it was, hence why you posted the video. One thing i forgot to point out however, is that McDonalds used it during 2004 - 2011, but not any more.

Now, what exactly have i mistaken?

We all know what real "Pink Slime" is (just Google it) tho the social media refers to it in a different sense. Thus how the whole "this is how McNuggets are made with entire chickens" rumor was born. A majority of people on social media haven't a clue of what real "Pink Slime" is. So the rumor fell into the category of false education. People didn't know of the terminology and some kid came along and used it in the wrong sense to slander the company. Thus you have the up spark of social networking re-posting this rumor for years now. It wasn't also just referred to as "Pink Slime" but also "Pink Goop" and a few others. The fact that Pink Slime exists was irrelevant when applying the terminology to the rumor. Now we have visual proof on the inside that the rumor is indeed a hoax. That's where the wheels fell off your wagon. If people knew what Pink Slime was prior to the rumor then it would of never grew as big as it did.

We all know what real "Pink Slime" is (just Google it) tho the social media refers to it in a different sense. Thus how the whole "this is how McNuggets are made with entire chickens" rumor was born. A majority of people on social media haven't a clue of what real "Pink Slime" is. So the rumor fell into the category of false education. People didn't know of the terminology and some kid came along and used it in the wrong sense to slander the company. Thus you have the up spark of social networking re-posting this rumor for years now. It wasn't also just referred to as "Pink Slime" but also "Pink Goop" and a few others. The fact that Pink Slime exists was irrelevant when applying the terminology to the rumor. Now we have visual proof on the inside that the rumor is indeed a hoax. That's where the wheels fell off your wagon. If people knew what Pink Slime was prior to the rumor then it would of never grew as big as it did.

Okay, it's you getting confused now. Originally i thought you were mistaken about pink slime, but i was unaware of it being a common misconception in 'Murica, which you pointed out for me, and i acknowledged. 

That little bout of confusion was dealt with a couple posts ago. You seem to still be stuck on it.

the thing I dont like about this thread is it feels like the whole #gamergate thing over again

a movement and a groundswell about one thing gets co-opted from the side (chicken) to make the whole movement irrelevant

so mcdonalds and SJW feminists need to stop.

pink slime is about sterilized beef

Okay, it's you getting confused now. Originally i thought you were mistaken about pink slime, but i was unaware of it being a common misconception in 'Murica, which you pointed out for me, and i acknowledged. 

That little bout of confusion was dealt with a couple posts ago. You seem to still be stuck on it.

You keep bringing it up, I just reply.  :lol:

Pink Slime is beef, McNuggets are real chicken. Nothing hard to comprehend there. ;)

Pink Slime is beef, McNuggets are real chicken. Nothing hard to comprehend there. ;)

Which is what i pointed out to you...

Which is what i pointed out to you...

As if I didn't know beforehand? I've known what "Pink Slime" was before the rumor started circulating social media. As said before it's not my terminology but the terminology of the myth creator. Tho like said "Pink Slime" is pretty much completely irrelevant to the subject of this thread (it's just a label just like "Pink Goop"). People generally don't care what "Pink Slime" is (else the rumor wouldn't of lasted). What people really are interested in is if the rumors of using whole chickens is true. As the rumor suggested the eyes, beak, brain, feet and generally every part of the chicken is used in the mix. This video ultimately debunks that any type of "hotdogging" is happening behind the scenes.

Yeah, pretty old, but love me some McDonalds. People who hate on it are as retarded as the people who take their kids there to eat every day of the week and then accuse McDonalds of making them fat. It's burgers, fries, nuggets and soda. Of course i'ts not the healthiest thing in the world, that should be evident. But it is perfectly fine to have some McDonalds every now and then, just like you would have Ice Cream or a bag of chips...

I never eat mcdonalds, my granddad who is of age 93 now I believe, taught me that when he was young and poor they would eat just vegetables. Hardly any meat, because of poverty. So stick with his diet and live for ever.

And if you'd go to the YT page, there's a video on how it's not used in the beef, as well.

And if you'd go to the YT page, there's a video on how it's not used in the beef, as well.

Most people here watch it using the embedded link.

Most people here watch it using the embedded link.

It's called researching more. :\

I never eat mcdonalds, my granddad who is of age 93 now I believe, taught me that when he was young and poor they would eat just vegetables. Hardly any meat, because of poverty. So stick with his diet and live for ever.

8Gi79XP.png

It's called researching more. :\

U wot m8? What exactly do you believe i need to research regarding the topic of this original post? All i've done is state what pink slime actually is, and in a way backing up the OP in that it's not used in McNuggets. I even linked a video, with Jamie Oliver explaining the process used.

Not sure if you've just missed some of my posts, or are just a bit slow to comprehend things.

U wot m8? What exactly do you believe i need to research regarding the topic of this original post? All i've done is state what pink slime actually is, and in a way backing up the OP in that it's not used in McNuggets. I even linked a video, with Jamie Oliver explaining the process used.

Not sure if you've just missed some of my posts, or are just a bit slow to comprehend things.

You said it was used in beef, go watch the beef video on the page. I was responding to the BEEF section of your comment.

You said it was used in beef, go watch the beef video on the page. I was responding to the BEEF section of your comment.

I said it was used in beef products - such as burgers etc. Which it was used by McDonalds (not since 2011 though), and still is by some people.

Back to my question - what do you believe i need to research regarding the topic of the original post?