Assassin's Creed Unity PC build

I'm going to build a new PC (my first actually) and I need some help to which components to buy. I need a PC that can run Assassin's Creed Unity on Ultra High with average of 70FPS

Here are the most recent components for the pc I plan to build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690

Motherboard: Asus Z97-A

Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600mHz 8GB (2x4)

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 4GB GDDR5

Storage: Seagate Barracuda HDD 1TB (or) SSHD 1TB HDD/ 8GB SSD (suggest which one would be better please)

Power Supply: Zalman 700w Bronze 80 Plus

Case: Zalman Z9 Plus

Please help me in anyway you can :D

I would suggest 3 sli titan z's to run this game flawlessly.
/s

That build should do but expect frequent dips. It's the game, not your hardware. Get an i5 4690k and an SSD

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Hah, good luck. I can run AC Unity @ High @ 40 fps MAX (specs in my sig).

You'll need 2 970s to keep it @ 50 fps @ Ultra

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

get a ssd boot drive and the sshd the sshd will b way better

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

I would suggest 3 sli titan z's to run this game flawlessly.

/s

That build should do but expect frequent dips. It's the game, not your hardware.

or not

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

I'm going to build a new PC (my first actually) and I need some help to which components to buy. I need a PC that can run Assassin's Creed Unity on Ultra High with average of 70FPS

Here are the most recent components for the pc I plan to build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690

Motherboard: Asus Z97-A

Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600mHz 8GB (2x4)

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 4GB GDDR5

Storage: Seagate Barracuda HDD 1TB (or) SSHD 1TB HDD/ 8GB SSD (suggest which one would be better please)

Power Supply: Zalman 700w Bronze 80 Plus

Case: Zalman Z9 Plus

Please help me in anyway you can :D

Do you have 5000$ to spend on a PC, because that's how much you need for AC:U....

All jokes aside, change that CPU to 4690k, get a 128Gb SSD minimum :D

or not

I was obviously being sarcastic. The 970 will run this game fine. But optimization is terrible and doubt he could maintain an average of 70 fps on any setting.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Hah, good luck. I can run AC Unity @ High @ 40 fps MAX (specs in my sig).

You'll need 2 970s to keep it @ 50 fps @ Ultra

I was watching TotalBiscuits video, aparently he has 2 980's and can't run it at Ultra @50fps stably.  Also he said that even someone else he knew who had 3 980's couldn't run it that well.

Because he had a hard drive.

I was watching TotalBiscuits video, aparently he has 2 980's and can't run it at Ultra @50fps stably. Also he said that even someone else he knew who had 3 980's couldn't run it that well.

Actually, I read somewhere that this game gets better performance in single card setups. There's a bug with sli

I was watching TotalBiscuits video, aparently he has 2 980's and can't run it at Ultra @50fps stably.  Also he said that even someone else he knew who had 3 980's couldn't run it that well.

Well then, LOL NVM. I just assumed the scaling would be somewhat good, turns out it isn't (as expected from a ubisoft game).

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

the game has been significantly patched since then

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The game is really bad, My friend preordered it and played it for about 15 minutes. He said the dips were terrible and the game tore alot and was really laggy and slow.

Its really hard to run flawlessly (its the game not our hardware).

Anyways i suggest you get an ssd they are pretty cheap right now.

Thanks a lot everyone I think I will get the SSHD only problem is that I'm in Egypt and here the prices are sky rocketing :D and my budget is tight :D

Thanks a lot everyone I think I will get the SSHD only problem is that I'm in Egypt and here the prices are sky rocketing :D and my budget is tight :D

Whoah thats cool. Also sory abt the prices :(

and (COME TO AMERICA!!!)

I can respect the fact that you want to build a pc to cater to ACU but the general consensus here is that it's not worth the trouble doing.

It's a badly optimised game and with the parts you picked, you'll be pretty disappointed with the results.

Use fxaa apparently msaa tanks it hard

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

I always recommend to get the i5 4590 instead of the unlocked one if you are building a PC for gaming. You save around $30 and at least another $30 if you planned to get an EVO 212 as your cooler since you would only use the stock cooler. You could even save more by going for a H97 motherboard instead of the Z97. Then use those $60+ to get a better GPU. In your specific case it's difficult to upgrade the gtx 970 since the next best card would be the gtx 980 which can be around $200 more expensive and probably not a big upgrade from the 970. I would still save on the CPU+Mobo and probably get a better monitor or peripherals.

ACU is a terrible game to use as a benchmark for performance. You can have a $3000 build and still get below 60 fps dips.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

Assassins Creed doesn't like SLI that much just like watchdogs.. I can hit high frame rates but dips cause too much stuttering.. I just disable SLI when playing their games.. And yes like said above you will need 3 Titans to accomplish that task at resolutions higher than 1080p. But you would have to be crazy to buy a titan and game at 1080p..

If I'm not going to Overclock the CPU (I might get the i5-4690k as 4690 is not available in the store I'm going to buy from) do I really need to get an Aftermarket cooler or just stick to the stock one!?

If I'm not going to Overclock the CPU (I might get the i5-4690k as 4690 is not available in the store I'm going to buy from) do I really need to get an Aftermarket cooler or just stick to the stock one!?

I would just try the stock one first. Temperature wise it will be fine but it may be a little bit louder than an aftermarket one like the EVO 212. If it's too loud then get the 212.

I changed a bit in my build :D here's the new one

Gigabyte GA-G1 Sniper Z97

Intel Core i5-4690k
Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2X4GB)

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 GDDR5 4GB

WD Caviar Black

Cooler Master K380 Mid Tower with Extreme Power Plus 500W PSU

Any comments :D? (Again no overclocking)

Well.... though I suggest that if you want to know how AC:U will be performing, you have just gotta wait until they release update 4.

But generally, that build is already great.

Well.... though I suggest that if you want to know how AC:U will be performing, you have just gotta wait until they release update 4.

But generally, that build is already great.

My most concern is AC: U but I mean how's that build overall :D because I want something that would last a while