1440p AVI file conversion

Jedicake

I have gameplay footage in 1440p 60fps in AVI format, what format (if any) should I convert it to to upload to youtube?

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

Well you shouldnt have saved it as .avi unless it's lossless because it's a significantly dated format that's not all that supported anymore. Also if it's not lossless you'll likely take a huge hit when transcoding it. Either way you'll need to make it a mp4 with H.264 video and all audio.

Well you shouldnt have saved it as .avi unless it's lossless because it's a significantly dated format that's not all that supported anymore. Also if it's not lossless you'll likely take a huge hit when transcoding it. Either way you'll need to make it a mp4 with H.264 video and all audio.

Should I be using a program other than fraps?

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

Should I be using a program other than fraps?

There are different codecs that you can use in fraps and other recording programs like that.

There are different codecs that you can use in fraps and other recording programs like that.

I feel dumb. Forgot about codecs.

I feel dumb. Forgot about codecs.

thats likely uncompressed then, which you can do something with.

hey man can you tell me how to use different codecs in fraps to record gameplay?

hey man can you tell me how to use different codecs in fraps to record gameplay?

Nope because I havnt done it in forever. Im sure there are some nice guides available though.

Nope because I havnt done it in forever. Im sure there are some nice guides available though.

Thanks btw