Suprised by EA customer service

Today I came home from the gym, and turned on the wireless on my phone. I got a notification from Gmail, with an order reciept from Orgin, saying I had purchased FIFA 15, and Watch_Dogs at 7:50pm, when I was not even home! I contacted EA on the online chat, and after a 10 minute wait, I was helped. After answering security questions and giving my name, I was refunded the full $130 dollars and told it would take 5-7 buisness days. I was already happy with the ease of the situation so far, and after being told to change my password and secuirity questions (which I was already planning on doing immediatly, for obvious reasons) I was given a 15% discount code for my next Orgin purchase. All in all, after all the horible things I have heard about EA, I have to say that I was pleased with the experience. Just thought I would share, for any of you who think EA is totally evil, this changed my mind on them slightly.  :)

Intel i5 4670k @4.2 GHz, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Sabertooth Z87, Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600 MHz 16GB, Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8GB, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, NZXT Switch 810, Asus MX34VQ, Asus MX239H.

Today I came home from the gym, and turned on the wireless on my phone. I got a notification from Gmail, with an order reciept from Orgin, saying I had purchased FIFA 15, and Watch_Dogs at 7:50pm, when I was not even home! I contacted EA on the online chat, and after a 10 minute wait, I was helped. After answering security questions and giving my name, I was refunded the full $130 dollars and told it would take 5-7 buisness days. I was already happy with the ease of the situation so far, and after being told to change my password and secuirity questions (which I was already planning on doing immediatly, for obvious reasons) I was given a 15% discount code for my next Orgin purchase. All in all, after all the horible things I have heard about EA, I have to say that I was pleased with the experience. Just thought I would share, for any of you who think EA is totally evil, this changed my mind on them slightly.  :)

What the f? Did you sell your body to them to do this or somthing?

well, people need to realize how separate parts of companies are. just like how samsung used to sell the processors for the iphone, they could have held on them to hurt apple, but would hurt sales. profit is profit. 

in this case, just because execs push games and release dates, does not correlate to customer service. that and the customer service probably gets a lot of crap for all the issues in games. so its very impressive that they handled it so well. 

I find it hard to believe that they immediately refunded money that was illegally charged...lies!

I'd buy a lottery ticket right now if I was you, this is NOT the standard EA customer service experience.  

I find it hard to believe that they immediately refunded money that was illegally charged...lies!

No lies here. Trust me I was just as shocked. I just went and looked at my recend purchases on Orgin, and it showed the two games, with a big green REFUND beside them. Suprised it happened so quickly, I was really expecting the worst from EA.

Intel i5 4670k @4.2 GHz, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Sabertooth Z87, Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600 MHz 16GB, Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8GB, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, NZXT Switch 810, Asus MX34VQ, Asus MX239H.

I've been refunded a lot of money from Amazon customer service for not being able to cancel an order. It was around 150$ worth of gaming stuff. 

They did a similar thing when I was having difficulties with BF4 Premium last year...

Never used it tho... It's just the Motion that counts... Right?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Lots of people hate EA (though the recent trend has been hating on Ubisoft), but the reason was never their customer service. Valve has crappy customer service. EA has exemplary customer service. This isn't the first thread I've seen about good service from EA.

That's odd. Twice i've contacted EA support, remained polite and calm, yet both times my issue could barely be conveyed, let alone solved.

The first time was while I was purchasing battlefield 3 ages ago. I was informed that I should follow an email sent to me (with info that I had already read in the FAQ and troubleshooting before hand). I never received the email. It took about 3 tries in total just to reach that point.

The second time was issues with my credit card not going through. Again, I was told to follow directions in an email, I received them and they were the generic troubleshooting things I had already read through. I contacted them again, and was told it was an issue on my card issuers side.

2 seperate customer support agents with my credit card support said that the issue was definitely on origins side.

I contacted origin again, asked if perhaps my account had been flagged for suspicious activity or anything of that sort, they said no, and then asked if that would be all. Issue was not solved, and I eventually made my way over to GMG to purchase DA:I

not to mention, both times there seemed to be a small language barrier making the chat more difficult than it had to be

not saying that there cant be any good situations, and the fact that EA took a more generous approach to your problem is nice. But all in all the quality of the service still seems pretty damn low to me

No lies here. Trust me I was just as shocked. I just went and looked at my recend purchases on Orgin, and it showed the two games, with a big green REFUND beside them. Suprised it happened so quickly, I was really expecting the worst from EA.

You should enable the two-step thingy.

What the f? Did you sell your body to them to do this or somthing?

Actually EA support is pretty awesome and has been for awhile now.

If you use the call back system they will literally call you back within 5 seconds of posting your number...

Yeah, i was offered that 15% discount before when used their customer service but i never received it. Good support though, i was really satisfied.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

i cant remember fully but i think i was using live chat to change my security question (it was a long time ago). and i got offered the 15% off origin stuff. i never used it but still a nice gesture. 

I always had great experience with EA's customer service. Glad I'm not the only one.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

You should enable the two-step thingy.

That was the first thing I did after it happened :)

From my experience EA has customer support that is easily fooled. I've often got games for free from them

Customer service is one thing,buying out dev studios over the course of a  decade and running them to the ground by releasing sloopy game sequals is something else.Oh and lets not forget about absorbing a non-gamer, con-artist and sexist into the development team of their games because doing that makes them less evil rather than creating great games... right?

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Lots of people hate EA (though the recent trend has been hating on Ubisoft), but the reason was never their customer service. Valve has crappy customer service. EA has exemplary customer service. This isn't the first thread I've seen about good service from EA.

You've obviously never dealt with EA Customer Service.

I should post some of my help chat logs, they make for good comedy now but it wasn't funny at the time.