ad blocker plus

ryanwilc

Completely legal - yes.  Completely unethical - yes.

is ad blocker plus illegal in the U.S.A?

I'd be arrested on the spot if it were. I whitelist nearly everything though so maybe they'll let me off with a warning  :lol:

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I'd be arrested on the spot if it were. I whitelist nearly everything though so maybe they'll let me off with a warning  :lol:

if it was illegal they wont be able to catch you. i just want to no if it is against the law

Completely unethical - yes.

Does every site not notify you that the second Great Flood is coming before it even begins to buffer?

because if I used the internet without Adblock, I'd probably need to wear floaties before using the internet.

Both interpretations intended

but moot point, nonetheless.

Error: 410

Does every site not notify you that the second Great Flood is coming before it even begins to buffer?

because if I used the internet without Adblock, I'd probably need to wear floaties before using the internet.

Both interpretations intended

but moot point, nonetheless.

I survived the internet without an adblocker. I use one now because I share PCs more than I used to and some ads are virus-y, but I survived nonetheless.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I am just curious as to why you asked that question?....do tell.

Yes do tell OP

do tell indeeesds

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

"Adblock users are more likely to get arrested for Satanism and being a Neo-Nazi"

be careful OP

is ad blocker plus illegal in the U.S.A?

Ad blockers are legal, but make sure you whitelist this website(or unblock ads for this webbsite). If too many people block ads, Linus will have to fire Luke to pay for the forums cost(I am kidding, but there is truth to this).

Completely legal - yes.  Completely unethical - yes.

You shouldn't use words in sentences when you don't understand their meaning.

Especially when you are attempting to answer a question that someone else has.

All the whiteknights here. What the hell, since when do I want to be blasted by sound and flashing lights whenever I go online?
Btw use Adblock Edge, its better.

And I dont care the websites should just use a flattr button or have a donation button.

Just not this 1999 ads bullshit. Dont want to see them on TV or in magazines or anywhere. They are the cancer of modern capitalism.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I've gotta ask this hyperthetical question, what would life be like without ads?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

You shouldn't use words in sentences when you don't understand their meaning.

Especially when you are attempting to answer a question that someone else has.

a01dfce0fc.gif

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Completely legal - yes.  Completely unethical - yes.

Nope i use it i dont feel a little bit bad about it ether. As soon as web is safe and user friendly without it ill disable it. 

a01dfce0fc.gif

Why?

Because Windspeed36 used the phrase, "Morally Unethical".   It has since been edited, but was initially absurd.

Why?

Because Windspeed36 used the phrase, "Morally Unethical".   It has since been edited, but was initially absurd.

wait, that was edited?

The quote within my post was also edited?

a01dfce0fc.gif

Error: 410

wait, that was edited?

Yes.  But to be clear, I was salty because people like to use "large and/or profound" words to make arguments for/against Ad Block and it annoys me because it derails the conversation.  Case in point.

Question:  If I live in Australia and I am subject to bandwidth caps is it "unethical" for me to filter out video ads and large .gifs to conserve resources?  And to this date, no one on the forum has addressed the very real possibility that some people browse the internet using text-based browsers.  It grinds my gears.