Corsair af and sp

Biology

So I got the corsair 540 carbide white ( might return and get silver) but i will switch the fans with corsairs af or sp.

What's the difference? I also bought h105 and will do push pull .

On the side note, silver or white 540?

AF: Optimized for Airflow

SP: Optimized for Static Pressure

But it's better to go with a Static Pressure fan for a AIO. 

Airflow is airflow optimised (af)

Sp is preassure optimised. SO it's better for Pressing air through a radiator for example

Redliquid~

Corsair AF fans are their "Airflow" fans(hence AF) and the SP fans are their "static pressure" fans(hence SP). AF fans are ideal for purely airflow with no real obstacles in front or behind, while SP fans are designed to be up against something like a heatsink/radiatior.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

SP = Static Pressure. Commonly used for heatsinks, radiators, and front pull (if infront of a hard drive cage)

AF = Air Flow. Generally used for open areas like rear exhaust, or something not touching another part.

I use SP for my front intake and AF for my rear exhaust. 

EDIT:
I like the white, but the silver looks super clean, too.

As everyone has said

Sp= Static pressure

Af= Air flow

Jayztwocents did a video on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXAFYNE7Cl0

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

SP = Static Pressure. Commonly used for heatsinks, radiators, and front pull (if infront of a hard drive cage)

AF = Air Flow. Generally used for open areas like rear exhaust, or something not touching another part.

I use SP for my front intake and AF for my rear exhaust.

EDIT:

I like the white, but the silver looks super clean, too.

Sorry guys but.. Intake are the front fans right? And exhaust are the reared? So AF always better for rear whereas SP are for radiator and intake ?

AF: Optimized for Airflow

SP: Optimized for Static Pressure

But it's better to go with a Static Pressure fan for a AIO.

SP for everything ? What's the best fan use for my case?

Sorry guys but.. Intake are the front fans right? And exhaust are the reared? So AF always better for rear whereas SP are for radiator and intake ?

You can set your fans up however you want, but generally, front is intake. I have mine right in front of an SSD and HDD, so I went with the SP. SP also runs at 2300RPM, whereas the AF runs at about..1100RPM?

Use AF for your case or tower cooler, use sp for liquid cooling

SYSTEM SPECS

i7 4790k | LTT Edition Noctua NH-U12S | Gigabyte Z97-SOC Force | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3 | 120GB Samsung 850 EVO | 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | NVIDIA GTX 980ti | H440 Orange | EVGA 650B3 PSU

Sorry guys but.. Intake are the front fans right? And exhaust are the reared?

Depends how they're faced.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Intake is when a fan it pulling air inside of your case, exhaust is where fans blow air out of the case, intake is generally known in the front and exhaust is in the back.

SP for everything ? What's the best fan use for my case?

SP will be good for radiators or fans pushing air through hard drive cages, air flow for areas that are in taking (or exhausting) air into open areas. (as far as I know) 

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

When you bought it, should have two af 140's set as intake for the front and one 140 af as exhaust in the rear.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

You can set your fans up however you want, but generally, front is intake. I have mine right in front of an SSD and HDD, so I went with the SP. SP also runs at 2300RPM, whereas the AF runs at about..1100RPM?

Use AF for your case or tower cooler, use sp for liquid cooling

Depends how they're faced.

Intake is when a fan it pulling air inside of your case, exhaust is where fans blow air out of the case, intake is generally known in the front and exhaust is in the back.

SP will be good for radiators or fans pushing air through hard drive cages, air flow for areas that are in taking (or exhausting) air into open areas. (as far as I know) 

When you bought it, should have two af 140's set as intake for the front and one 140 af as exhaust in the rear.

so umm whats the best build? i have the 50 carbide and h105

say i put 2 SP 120 on top of my radiator, should those be intaking air or exhausting air?

2 AF or SP on the bottom of my radiator? again, should they be pulling or pushing air?

my front will be 2 AF since i need stronger air to cool my system.

and my rear can either be SP or AF correct? is it better AF or SP?

so umm whats the best build? i have the 50 carbide and h105

say i put 2 SP 120 on top of my radiator, should those be intaking air or exhausting air?

2 AF or SP on the bottom of my radiator? again, should they be pulling or pushing air?

my front will be 2 AF since i need stronger air to cool my system.

and my rear can either be SP or AF correct? is it better AF or SP?

Put SP fans on the top and bottom of the radiator and use the AF fans as case fans ex. intake and exhaust

SYSTEM SPECS

i7 4790k | LTT Edition Noctua NH-U12S | Gigabyte Z97-SOC Force | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3 | 120GB Samsung 850 EVO | 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | NVIDIA GTX 980ti | H440 Orange | EVGA 650B3 PSU

Put SP fans on the top and bottom of the radiator and use the AF fans as case fans ex. intake and exhaust

The case already comes with AF fans I think.. So just leave those stock? Are there any led AF fans corsair has too? Or any SP led fans?

How does push pull work? Do they go opposite directions? Or one direction? Which?

Depends on what you are putting in there.

If you only have one card and don't mind the noise stick to the stock fans.

If you have any kind of sli setup and don't mind the extra heat, stick with the stock fans.

Or

Get some sort of after market 120 af fan, throw three of them in the front as intake.

Put the aio cooler on the top as exhaust with what ever fan, stock corsair or something less noisy.

The stock 140 in the rear is fine as exhaust. I upgraded as to try and give myself a reason to keep these stupid acx coolers on my cards.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

What if I get the sp 120 quiet edition?

But I heard the performance edition is not that loud when compared?

Even if the performance edition is too loud for you, you can use a fan controller to turn it down. That's the only difference between the Quiet and Performance editions. How many RPMs they can spin at.

Even if the performance edition is too loud for you, you can use a fan controller to turn it down. That's the only difference between the Quiet and Performance editions. How many RPMs they can spin at.

Performance editon fans are load when they ramp up to full speed. 

But that has to do with the motor and the RPMs. The fans are exactly the same.

But that has to do with the motor and the RPMs. The fans are exactly the same.

True, but i haven't done a side by side comparison before with PE and QE fans too see the noise difference.

So I got the corsair 540 carbide white ( might return and get silver) but i will switch the fans with corsairs af or sp.

What's the difference? I also bought h105 and will do push pull .

On the side note, silver or white 540?

AF-Air Flow. Should be used for case ventilation (exhaust and intake)

SP-Static Pressure. Should be mounted on radiators and heatsinks, or for intake when it's right next to a drive cage. You want the SP120s for your H105.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

The performance editions are significantly louder, you should definitely only consider getting the quiet editions.  

At 5 volts they make basically zero noise unless you put your ear next to them.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

So which is better ? Performance or quiet?

Also what kind of SP should I use for my radiator and exhaust ?