BitFenix's sleeved cables

Ningeal

Hey guys,

I noticed that bitfenix sleeves are labeled as "extensions" so I wondered whether I can run them directly off my PSU. Or do I need to buy two 24 pins so the length is sufficient for example?

I don't have the time, tools and dedication yet to sleeve every single cable (at least for this project).

They are what they say. Extensions that plug into your already existing cables that also makes them very long. I looked at this option but the Prodigy is to tight to use extensions.

They look great though.

Hey guys,

I noticed that bitfenix sleeves are labeled as "extensions" so I wondered whether I can run them directly off my PSU. Or do I need to buy two 24 pins so the length is sufficient for example?

I don't have the time, tools and dedication yet to sleeve every single cable (at least for this project).

Depending what PSU and case you have. The sleeved "extensions" are made for adding on to an existing cable. 

The Bitfenix can plug right into my AX1200I 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

I have a AX850 in a Phantom 410.

So there's are fully sleeved cables that can run off your PSU directly? Or would the bitfenix's length be sufficient?

I have a AX850 in a Phantom 410.

So there's are fully sleeved cables that can run off your PSU directly? Or would the bitfenix's length be sufficient?

The stock PSU cable length will be plenty for that case.

The stock PSU cable length will be plenty for that case.

Don't know whether you got me wrong, or I didn't get you.

I don't mean to run the stock AX850's AND the bitfenix extensions. I want to purely run (pre-)sleeved (bitfenix) cables off my PSU and wondered whether ONLY the bitfenix cables would reach.

I don't mean to run the stock AX850's AND the bitfenix extensions. I want to purely run (pre-)sleeved (bitfenix) cables off my PSU and wondered whether ONLY the bitfenix cables would reach.

I don't even think you can, even with a modular PSU. The female connectors on all of the modular and semi-modular PSU's that I've seen are proprietary and differ from one another.

I don't even think you can, even with a modular PSU. The female connectors on all of the modular and semi-modular PSU's that I've seen are proprietary and differ from one another.

This. The Bitfenix ones are just extension, you plug them into your existing PSU cables, not the PSU itself. Corsair do offer individually sleeved cables for the AX850 as replacement cables. I have a feeling the Bitfenix cables are a bit nicer (no heartshrink & better braiding) though.

This. The Bitfenix ones are just extension, you plug them into your existing PSU cables, not the PSU itself. Corsair do offer individually sleeved cables for the AX850 as replacement cables. I have a feeling the Bitfenix cables are a bit nicer (no heartshrink & better braiding) though.

They do feel nicer, and are also heatshrinkless, making them more malleable and appealing to the eye.

Why not just buy the corsair colored cables made for the AX850 from corsair website?

The corsair coloured cables are rather expensive for the AX series, because they come with all the cables for the power supply and the customer would only use about 5 of those cables and the rest would be just wasted. With the Bitfenix cables you pay for what you need but you spend less because you don't buy all the cables available for the power supply.

But after saying this you don't get the luxury to have the Bitfenix cables run straight from the power supply.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

You cannot simply buy extensions that plug directly into ANY power supply.

Each power supply has different pin-outs, which means you have to either create your own cables from scratch or buy pre-sleeved cables for that specific power supply, EG Corsair's PSU sleeved cables.

Extensions are only possible due to the fact each cable will always be the same at the motherboard end, how the power supply gets that power to the end of the cable is up the the OEM.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog