Planning to build a mITX gaming rig...

5k3l3t0r

I have a couple of projects in the works and I also wanted to build a new PC. I know Windows 8 just came out and this planning does not support a TouchScreen monitor, but there is not a lot of affordable TouchScreen monitor out there yet.

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge

Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX

RAM: Muskin Enchanced Redline 16 GB DDR3-1600

GPU: MSI R7850 2GB GDDR5

Boot Drive: Some kind of SSD (TBD)

Other Drive(s): Not sure yet

PSU: Maybe a Corsair. I like the modular power supplies.

I want use Bitfenix Prodigy itx case. I prefer the black case and I would also like to modify it. I want to relocate the front panel from the side of the case to actually the front of the case. I was thinking of getting or making a Bitfenix logo done in a clear, so I could back lit it and also have the hard drive LED shine through this piece. Then the rest of the panel be where the 5.25" slot bay is.

I got a lot of other planning, so I still thinking.

Have you looked into putting something like a H100i in? You just loose the 5.25" bay..

Also, why the 3770K? Why not a 3570K or FX8350?

With your PSU, my favourite choice at the moment is the Silverstone Strider Plus. It comes in 3 different modes; 600,750 and 850w, all of which are completely modular and carries the 80Plus silver certification not that it really means much in real world results. It's priced between $100 and $155 depending on your model.

My personal feeling with windows 8 is how well its designed for touch interface. I know you can find ways of getting the start menu or other ways to make it like windows 7. I would say windows 7 would just be easier over all or maybe setting up dual boot. Idk thats just my opinion lol. Good luck! :D

Have you looked into putting something like a H100i in? You just loose the 5.25" bay..

Also, why the 3770K? Why not a 3570K or FX8350?

With your PSU, my favourite choice at the moment is the Silverstone Strider Plus. It comes in 3 different modes; 600,750 and 850w, all of which are completely modular and carries the 80Plus silver certification not that it really means much in real world results. It's priced between $100 and $155 depending on your model.

There is an area I can still put a 240 radiator on top of the case. I was thinking of putting 1-140 radiator on the rear of the case for the CPU and then 1-240 radiator on top of the case that would lead into the GPU. I don't care about the 5.25" bay. I'll using external optical drive, I have a Blu-ray burner from LG.

I like the 3770K because of the 20 nm, even though, this i7 only supports DDR3 1333 and DDR3 1600. It still has the hyper threading. The i5 Ivy Bridge CPU don't have the hyper threading. I don't like AMD CPU's because they overheat to easy in my area. The last build that I build with AMD CPU, I changed out the motherboard three times. My current build is a Intel CPU and I have never replace any of the hardware. I have had a couple of fans go out, but fans are cheaper than system components.

My personal feeling with windows 8 is how well its designed for touch interface. I know you can find ways of getting the start menu or other ways to make it like windows 7. I would say windows 7 would just be easier over all or maybe setting up dual boot. Idk thats just my opinion lol. Good luck! :D
My dad upgraded his computer to Windows 8 and he doesn't have a touchscreen monitor. I am still running Windows XP on my current build. I didn't felt the need to upgrade the OS, yet. But, I want to upgrade the OS for the new build because I wanted to implement DirectX 11.