How come there was such a big performance gap in Bioshock infinite at 4K? I've never seen 30% extra just from overclocking on the same GPU before! Was the reference card overclocked as well?

@nicklmg can you guys do a review of the MSI Gaming 4g GTX 980

CPU: Intel i7 5930K Cooler: H110i Motherboard: Asus x99 Delux Memory: G-Skill Ripjaws 4  16gb SSD: Samsung Exo 120GB HDD1: WD Blue 500GIG HDD2: WD Green 1TB   GPU:MSI GTX980 Gaming 4g PSU: Seasonic x850 CASE: Air 540

you can buy the backplate from EVGA for an extra $20 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

This is the best GTX980, so it deserves a backplate. I want a backplate when i buy the top High-End card and I don't want to spend 20$ to add it myself. EVGA could easily add a backplate and it would cost nothing to them.

"Probably" coming soon.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

I think there might be a mistake in these benchmarking results?

Is it just me or are the benchmarking results completely inconsistent with the results from the GTX 980 review? On this video at 4k ultra settings for Bioshock infinite the GTX 980 got 43FPS and the R9 290x got 48FPS, whereas in the GTX 980 video the stock GTX 980 got 57.3FPS and the R9 290X got 36.6FPS- this is a MASSIVE difference, the stock GTX 980 seems to have lost about 25% of its peformance, and the R9 290X has gained about 30%!

Can anyone enlighten me as to what is going on?

tumblr_inline_mory4ivtzS1qz4rgp.png

I feel your pain… I wish I could get my hands on one of these cards though.

"Whole-room water cooling pt. 1 is coming soon"

PRAISE JEHOVA

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

Hasn't anyone noticed that the cooler has changed? The fans are now in a pull configuration, as opposed to push like on every other card on the market except gainward. And they did even better than gainward since the heatsink is exposed from the side. If you have room for a fan on the side of the case and this card, it should run cooler than most of the others. I also suppose it will run better in SLI configs than other non-blower coolers, since it doesn't pull air from the other hot card.

Could any1 tell me where did Luke get that T-shirt ? ^^ It's gorgeous :3

I have noticed that you do all these graphic's card reviews but no one in America Canada or anywhere outside of England, Germany and Austria do reviews for Gainward graphics cards just wondering if you would ever consider doing them? As there extreamly good with overclocking and dam good with being quite and I think that it would be an interesting video.

Hmm so people buy ultimate GPU and than few weeks later there is better GPU that has double more vRam

• 1 month later...

Hate to bump an older thread, but does anyone know if they use a reference PCB design on these cards? I've found some places saying they do and some saying they don't.  I only ask because I'm planning on getting water blocks for a couple of these...

-snip-

Excellent work on answering that question in the most cynical way possible.  Now that you've made someone look stupid you can go back to drowning puppies.

Project Insomnia

CPU: Intel i5 4670K @ 4.6 GHz.   CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x40   Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6   Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb.   Graphics Card: EVGA SC Geforce GTX 780 Ti   Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W   Case: NZXT H440

-snip-

like I said I ask because someone on EVGA's own forum had said that that water blocks made for the reference cooler design would fit on this GPU.  That didnt seem right to me but then I saw in the video that it comes with a piece of non conductive film in case you want to switch to "another aftermarket cooler"

Hate to bump an older thread, but does anyone know if they use a reference PCB design on these cards? I've found some places saying they do and some saying they don't. I only ask because I'm planning on getting water blocks for a couple of these...

Afraid not, the PCB is way way larger than reference and has many more parts. EK has a full cover block coming out soon.

Afraid not, the PCB is way way larger than reference and has many more parts. EK has a full cover block coming out soon.

Thank you for your input! I will keep an eye on EK's website!

Even if I had the money I'd pass as I am not giving EVGA or Nvidia money right now.  Heck I wouldn't even want any EVGA card used due to them being cheap with the GTX 900 series cards.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

"But whats that just above the logo? Is that a BIOS switch? Does this card support Dual BIOS? No, it doesn't..." (me at this point was like, HOW IZ THAT POZIBLE). "it has TRIPLE BIOS SUPPORT" (Here I was like, .................... GET REKT, U SAW DAT SHIT? *AIRHORNS* FINAL KILLCAM *AIRHORNS* SAMPLE TEXT) No... but i started laughing..... :P

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide