Good headphones?

bmxtricky5

What are good headphones for around 150$? I do like bass yes I'm that guy. I have been looking at senhieser, and audio technica. It will be for Christmas. I'm looking for a DAC as well but that's on a different budget so don't include it.

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

ATH-M40x but it might not have enough bass

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Dt 990 250 ohm pro or AKG k612, both should be around the $150 mark.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

See if you can find DT990s, if you also play games youll want to stick with open headphones as they have a wider soundstage, maybe have to get something like HD558s

Dt 990 250 ohm pro or AKG k612, both should be around the $150 mark.

k612 pro atre at 140$ on amazon under more buying options

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I forgot how fast people responded here, due to my leave of absense. I will check these out after work.

Would audio technica ATH-M50x work?

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

I'm looking to get a pair of DT990s with the FiiO e10K AMP/DAC, myself.
They are soooooooo comfy, and can't wait to get mine.

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

I would highly recommend HD 598. It was on sale for $100 which was a steal and even at $180 regular price nowadays, its still a great bargain.

Edit: NVM I just read that you like bass, then you probably wouldnt enjoy 598 too much as thats its only weakpoint imo

I would highly recommend HD 598. It was on sale for $100 which was a steal and even at $180 regular price nowadays, its still a great bargain.

Edit: NVM I just read that you like bass, then you probably wouldnt enjoy 598 too much as thats its only weakpoint imo

Well I love bass but a that can be fixed quite well with an amp I'd take a great pair of headphones over muddy bassy ones

Well I love bass but a that can be fixed quite well with an amp I'd take a great pair of headphones over muddy bassy ones

then for the price range I would definitely recommend HD 598. I know how everyone praises ATH M50x or DT 880 and what not but honestly when I first heard HD598 it blew me away how crisp it was.

then for the price range I would definitely recommend HD 598. I know how everyone praises ATH M50x or DT 880 and what not but honestly when I first heard HD598 it blew me away how crisp it was.

Then that's what I'll get

Then that's what I'll get

A word of caution, 598 got a distinct sound signature that might not be liked by majority of people. It only took me 1 minute of listening to scratch it off my list. Not saying it's bad, but you may like it or you may not. 

A word of caution, 598 got a distinct sound signature that might not be liked by majority of people. It only took me 1 minute of listening to scratch it off my list. Not saying it's bad, but you may like it or you may not.

what's distinct about it? Its regarded as king of neutrals in the price range except for its slight lack of bass.

The audio technica ath-m40x is a nice set, but they are designed as studio monitors, so they might not have enough bass for you, with that being said, you will have more of an idea of what the maker wanted you to hear... anyways, im not a bass person but, to each his own.

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

what's distinct about it? Its regarded as king of neutrals in the price range except for its slight lack of bass.

Sennheiser's sound signature. It's indeed neutral, but the vocal is kinda laid back, as if it's in the back stage. Although to be honest for me 558 or 598 is easier to be liked compared to AD700X or AD900X