New Home Networking, Need Advice

I have been meaning to redo my home network for some time, and finally ordered a few parts. I am looking for advice on how to use my hardware, and what hardware might be worth investing in. i will list the hardware below, and what devices i will be using(there are a lot of them) 

NOTE: I have Comcast high speed internet.

-i also have a large sheet of ply-wood and might use it as a mount 

Hardware-

Asus n900 router(new router)

linksys 54Mbps router(old router)

TP-Link 5 port un-managed switch

Power-line adapter set( 3 piece set, 1 connected to router, 1 with one ports, and the other with 4 ports)

modem-idk the model, but it is old, im not sure how much it will help, but i think our ips can bring us a new one)

-i do have a raspberry pi that i enjoy using to learn programming, and i know some people use them for networking, so if anyone knows a way i could use this, that would be cool.

Between my family of 5, we have 3 desktops, 3 laptops, 5 smartphones, 2 Xbox 360's.

-3 of us game on our desktops

-between the 5 of us, we stream Netflix almost daily

-we all print things, so i will be using one of the usb ports to make a print server

-i would like a NAS, but idk if i want to spend the money, wondering if using the other usb on the router as a FTP is worth it. 

EDIT:

-i do occasionally throw lan parties, with many PCs/Xboxs so having a couple extra lan ports in my room or the living room is nice

Would you be able to give us a sort of diagram of how your homes layout so we can better asses what you plan on doing so we can give more effective suggestions?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

are you running cables to all of the rooms?  I assume not since you have powerline available to use...

if you are you don't need powerline and could run access points instead.

Hi @Joshuatree, welcome to the forums!

As @TheKDub mentioned, can you please draw out a network map of your house? Even using paint is fine (Although there are specific programs that can basically draw it all for you). Just lay out each floor, label it, and show the rooms, walls, etc, and where each device will be.

Make sure to include any wired cables (whether through the wall or just along the floor, ceiling, etc), and where you'll be putting the network equipment.

This will allow us to visualize your setup and properly assist you in getting your new network the best it can be.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I attached a picture of my home layout, i did not list the devices in the picture, but i have a list below

Devices

Office

-desktop 

-modem

-old router

-power line adapter

Living room

-xbox

lil sisters room

-desktop

-power-line adapter

sisters room

-laptop

Bedroom 2(my room)

-desktop

-laptop

-powerline adapter

Bedroom 1(parents)

-xbox

-laptop

-so that is a list of the devices in what rooms, obviously the phones and laptops move around. the only things that consistently use wired connections are the 3 desktops, and the xbox down stairs( we plug in our laptops if we use them near a open port) i did list the networking devices where they are now. The only requirements for where networking devices go for the new set up is the router and modem in the office, for the coax cable. 

-not 100% sure if that king of picture is what you meant, and sorry that its not to amazing.

Untitled-1.pdf