best budget headphones?

slifer

Title explains it all! need a pair of headphones for under $100, I do a lot of FPS gaming so I think i'll need 7.1 surround sound, and a mic. not an audiophile so the audio doesnt have to be superb but it has to be decent.. i was thinking about the razer kraken 7.1? Or a logitech pair? any suggestions?

Skullcandy SLYR

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

are all three 7.1? and have a mic?

7.1 is useless for gaming. It does almost nothing, You'd be better off going with a good pair of headphones and a mod mic or a zalman mic over a 7.1 headset. 

If you live in a place with a lot of noise (like me) go with a pair of closed back headphones, California headphone company on amazon is a great start to look at. If you want a great sound stage (better for FPS games like CSGO) look into some AKG or sennheiser headphones.

are all three 7.1? and have a mic?

All here in the forum say the headsets suck and the 7.1 is useless, but you still want something like that? O.o

Look, you can have "7.1 surround" with just a software. I don't recommend buying USB headsets because they have a built in soundcard which is worse than the on-board of your motherboard. 

Also that "7.1" software is already used in most of the games. (just use the "headphones" setting at the audio tab)

And the Sony MDR7506 of course they DO NOT have a microphone. I said there are great headphones. Just use another aftermarket mic and stick it to the headphones and BOOM! Best headset <100$

You can use Razer Surround software if you really want "7.1 surround sound" as it works with any stereo headphone and is free.

You can use Razer Surround software if you really want "7.1 surround sound" as it works with any stereo headphone and is free.

On top of that, a person who installs Razer Surround can uninstall it. Not really feasible for USB surround headphones often times.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?