Air 240 Watercooled?

Hello!  I currently have a watercooled 400R and I was wondering if anyone here has watercooled an Air 240.  I want to switch to that smaller case because I move my PC to a bunch of places on the weekends.  I also plan on watercooling since I already have the parts.  

Can anyone think of any problems with watercooling it?

Going to have a 240mm rad in the front (just cooling  one gpu and one cpu)(This is assuming the rad fits).

Then the pump and res in the back of the case with the PSU.  The res will probably be mounted on the panel with the rubber grommets and the pump on the floor.  I plan on just sending the tubing through the rubber grommets to the components.  With that said....can anyone see any potential problems?

Tohrchur

Yes, it should fit in the front without problems.

On corsairs website they make it seem like really only the h100i will fit.  Do you think there is actually enough room, in height, for most standard sized 240mm rads?

Tohrchur

Front: 240mm

Bottom: 240mm (mITX only)

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

can anyone see any potential problems?

Limited rad support?

What GPU/CPU are you running? Are you overclocking? What are your ambient/desired temps?

An AIR540 would be more appropriate for a custom loop.

There's no way I would be comfortable with only a 240mm to cool a CPU and a GPU. Although I'm overclocking and my ambients are +27c

2x GTX780 (@1.29ghz) | 2x 840evo 250GB raid0 | i5 4690k (@4.7ghz) | Watercooled Modded H440 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/255872-project-whiteout-v20-h440-watercooled-3xradiators-10-fans

@MetallicAcid has started a build guide for his watercooled 240. You might want to go check that out. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/247332-redefine-air-240-by-metallicacid/

Looks like I will not be watercooling my project guys. I have read that only a 240 in the front and 240 in the bottom are possible with mITX motherboard.

If you want to get creative, you could have a 240 rad which is in the back compartment near the PSU. Mount it up where the HDD cage would be, and cut ventilation holes into the side panel. That would be awesome..

Kind regards,

Justin

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

What GPU/CPU are you running? Are you overclocking? What are your ambient/desired temps?

I have a 3570K and 7970.  I wouldn't be overclocking because of the rad space.  They'd stay under 60C right? Right now I have a 360 rad and on no overclock they are running around 29C ambient.

Tohrchur

Looks like I will not be watercooling my project guys. I have read that only a 240 in the front and 240 in the bottom are possible with mITX motherboard.

If you want to get creative, you could have a 240 rad which is in the back compartment near the PSU. Mount it up where the HDD cage would be, and cut ventilation holes into the side panel. That would be awesome..

Kind regards,

Justin

Do you think it'd be possible to fit a 240 on the top if it didnt hit the RAM dimms? I think you're idea of the 240 in the back would actually be very simple and easy to do!! I didn't even think about it but its a very real possibility.

You don't think its possible at all to have a 240 on the bottom with mATX? even a thin rad?

Tohrchur