Problems with my new ASUS RT-AC56U, any help?

Hey guys,

So recently I purchased an Asus RT-AC65U router/access point to replace an old broken one. So I got it all setup and running in access point mode and every now and then it drops the internet connection. My computer can still see and connect to the router but it's as if I didn't have an internet connection going to it. It comes back after a minute or two but the drops have started to become very annoying. I seem to be able to find many other claims with the exact same problem but none of the solutions have worked. Does anyone here have the same problem and if so, how did you fix it?

Does your neighborhood have a ton of wireless networks?  You could try picking a static channel, rather than leaving it on auto.

Hey guys,

So recently I purchased an Asus RT-AC65U router/access point to replace an old broken one. So I got it all setup and running in access point mode and every now and then it drops the internet connection. My computer can still see and connect to the router but it's as if I didn't have an internet connection going to it. It comes back after a minute or two but the drops have started to become very annoying. I seem to be able to find many other claims with the exact same problem but none of the solutions have worked. Does anyone here have the same problem and if so, how did you fix it?

Hi, if you connect your PC directly to your modem, does it still have dropouts? Do any of your other wireless devices experience the same dropouts, at the same time?

Can you please download and install "inSSIDer"? (The free version, new versions are paid only)

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html

Here's the user guide. I'd recommend giving it a read so you can make sense of what you see:

http://www.metageek.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/MetaGeek_inSSIDer_WiFi-Scanner_UserGuide_2012.pdf

Basically the program will analyze your Wifi signal, and it can show dropouts, and interference.

If there are a lot of neighbouring wifi signals, it can severely hamper your own. Changing the channel (which affects which specific frequency it runs on) can help with that. Other potential interference can be caused by Microwaves and Cordless Phones.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Hi, if you connect your PC directly to your modem, does it still have dropouts? Do any of your other wireless devices experience the same dropouts, at the same time?

Can you please download and install "inSSIDer"? (The free version, new versions are paid only)

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html

Here's the user guide. I'd recommend giving it a read so you can make sense of what you see:

http://www.metageek.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/MetaGeek_inSSIDer_WiFi-Scanner_UserGuide_2012.pdf

Basically the program will analyze your Wifi signal, and it can show dropouts, and interference.

If there are a lot of neighbouring wifi signals, it can severely hamper your own. Changing the channel (which affects which specific frequency it runs on) can help with that. Other potential interference can be caused by Microwaves and Cordless Phones.

Hey, the dropouts seem to be Wireless only. There seems to be many networks around me on the 2.4Ghz but only 1 other on 5. Until I can get ethernet running from the basement to the top level, I'll just have to deal with the 2.4 band. I've also tried installing the latest Merlin firmware which helped quite a bit but didn't completely fix the problem. I still have time to return it and get the next model up, does that one have the same problems?