My physics project

Kira0172

Hey all!

So this school year is really important for me, pretty hard also:P

We have 4 projects a year, this is one of them. This right here is my oppertunity, because it's something that you can get a high mark for if you know what you are doing. The project is about "automatic circuits". That's translated, so may not be correct.

We used these in class a couple times:  use a software called systematic for the project tho, because you'd need like 5-100 of those boards:P You create automatic circuits with ports, transistors, comparators, and other components. 

I have little experience with this, and programming, but I know I can atleast understand it if I learn it. But I have to finish it in about 10 days. 

So what I wanted to know is, is there a name for this? A community, forum, article, maybe personal help<3? But most importantly.. Templates, examples. 

For example, a password circuits(again, I don't know if it's called a circuit), that let's you create a password, then if you enter a password that doesn't match it, an LED lights up for example.

Thanks!

Hey all!

We have 4 projects a year, this is one of them. This right here is my oppertunity, because it's something that you can get a high mark for if you know what you are doing. The project is about "automatic circuits". That's translated, so may not be correct.

We used these in class a couple times:  use a software called systematic for the project tho, because you'd need like 5-100 of those boards:P You create automatic circuits with ports, transistors, comparators, and other components. 

I have little experience with this, and programming, but I know I can atleast understand it if I learn it. But I have to finish it in about 10 days. 

So what I wanted to know is, is there a name for this? A community, forum, article, maybe personal help<3? But most importantly.. Templates, examples. 

For example, a password circuits(again, I don't know if it's called a circuit), that let's you create a password, then if you enter a password that doesn't match it, an LED lights up for example.

Thanks!

Im thinking you mean logic circuits and gates? (AND, OR, NOT, ect)

research that on wikipedia as a start

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Definitely google about logic gates. They're pretty straight forward for the most part. The password, led thing isn't too complicated so you should be able to get it after a little researching.

Im thinking you mean logic circuits and gates? (AND, OR, NOT, ect)

research that on wikipedia as a start

Definitely google about logic gates. They're pretty straight forward for the most part. The password, led thing isn't too complicated so you should be able to get it after a little researching.

THANKS! Logic ports and logic gates are the words I was looking for. I couldn't find anything googling circuits, automation circuits, etc.

I'll see how creative I can get :) 

If you have LittleBigPlanet on a PS3 I'd say play that and mess with the Logic gates there because Media Molecule made them super easy to use. It could be a rough outline for you to design something on the software.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

THANKS! Logic ports and logic gates are the words I was looking for. I couldn't find anything googling circuits, automation circuits, etc.

I'll see how creative I can get :)

PT6tdbG.gif

This is a great diagram to get you started if you have trouble thinking about it conceptually in your head.

Hey all!

Thanks!

are we working with binary and Boolean logic here or are you supposed to program chips?

explain some more

and why is this a physics project?

i should try making this

Start simple

auto shutting down, easy way would be when you press the switch momentary powers servo, lifts lid this powers a photodiode this conducts powers the servo which pulls the lid back down 

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

are we working with binary and Boolean logic here or are you supposed to program chips?

explain some more

and why is this a physics project?

i should try making this

I'm not quite sure, never been mentioned. But I think it should be clear if you see this:  http://i.imgur.com/aK4jwUa.png. I basicly opened some components from the menu.

That's the program we use, you change things like the amount of volts to send to the comporator, and wire the components to eachother, of course. Here is the download link: http://goo.gl/tkccXP (small zip, not a huge program)

I'm not 100% sure what you did there with gmod though :P I've played all of the source games, except for gmod :x

So the reason why we do this in physics, is because last chapter it was about electricity/circuits(parallel, serie, etc.) And this is a follow up. There is no better class to do this on anyway, is there?

I am actually looking to make a combination lock, but it's quite hard, as most explenations assume you have more experience with this than I actually have. Also, thanks @OhhTee, I know the basics already, but that's a good table to refer back to:D

That's... interesting.. @phillrulz

I'm not quite sure, never been mentioned. But I think it should be clear if you see this:  http://i.imgur.com/aK4jwUa.png. I basicly opened some components from the menu.

That's the program we use, you change things like the amount of volts to send to the comporator, and wire the components to eachother, of course. Here is the download link: http://goo.gl/tkccXP (small zip, not a huge program)

I'm not 100% sure what you did there with gmod though :P I've played all of the source games, except for gmod :x

So the reason why we do this in physics, is because last chapter it was about electricity/circuits(parallel, serie, etc.) And this is a follow up. There is no better class to do this on anyway, is there?

I am actually looking to make a combination lock, but it's quite hard, as most explenations assume you have more experience with this than I actually have. Also, thanks @OhhTee, I know the basics already, but that's a good table to refer back to:D

That's... interesting.. @phillrulz

Can you use ANSI in the software?

The combination is pretty simple, you just need latches, xnor gates and and gates

Can you use ANSI in the software?

The combination is pretty simple, you just need latches, xnor gates and and gates

Don't know what ANSI is but the only thing you can do with the sofware is place components, wire them, and change their properties, like increase the voltages.

It'd be awesome if you could help me with the combination;p

Don't know what ANSI is but the only thing you can do with the sofware is place components, wire them, and change their properties, like increase the voltages.

It'd be awesome if you could help me with the combination;p

oh yeah you're dutch, ANSI is american

here's a shitty schematic of a 1 bit combo. the middle button is to set the password, top button overwrites the latch to the middle button output, bottom button is to guess the password and the output of the xnor goes to and gates and then to the led

MUqHKCE.png