ASUS's deteriorating quality & repair service.

Well i've been quite lucky with my one issue i had with my monitor. My MX279 had pixelation isssues after about 5 months of usage. I sent it back to Asus, and in about 2 weeks i got an email from them saying that they could not fix it,. They said they'll send me a new one and i received it a week later.

Basically, if I don't have any expensive warranties from them, they treat like their customers like crap.

Valid warranty = Best experience, no question asked. Quick repair.

No Valid Warranty = Worst of worst experience ever. Takes bloody ages to get reply back from them. (You are lucky if you get reply from them. They just ignored 2 emails - they never replied)  Slow repair and extremely poor repair.

It's actually kind of interesting that as Asus' quality control in general has changed with most platforms - Asrock(which has been a separate company from Asus for awhile now) has become increasingly better with their own QC and their support is equivalent to Gigabyte in fluidity and positivity.  My next build is likely to use either ASrock or Gigabyte for the board and then EVGA or Sapphire for a dual or triple gpu's, but yeah--after all the nightmares I've heard of Asus' customer service and all - likely to stick with Gigabyte or ASrock for my x99 build. (If I can even choose between them, lol.)

That sucks! Can you please put this for extra dramatic effect :P

/RANT/ 

Legitimate experience, although RANT would be a good started for these kinds of things.

I love their products, but man their customers service is so bad, from where I live it always take at least 3 month to get something fixed.

Basically, if I don't have any expensive warranties from them, they treat like their customers like crap.

Valid warranty = Best experience, no question asked. Quick repair.

No Valid Warranty = Worst of worst experience ever. Takes bloody ages to get reply back from them. (You are lucky if you get reply from them. They just ignored 2 emails - they never replied) Slow repair and extremely poor repair.

Well if you out of warranty you shouldn't expect prority service nor free low charges...

Well if you out of warranty you shouldn't expect prority service nor free low charges...

I wasn't expecting low charges - let alone "free". Like I said "Still, I was willing to pay to get my laptop fixed no matter what."

The thing is they treated my laptop as it was dumb paperweight - losing one of rubber feet, broken display frame, didn't bother testing out other SATA port (or better packaging), and loads of fingerprints? please.

Wouldn't you be surprised to get a laptop back that looks much more damaged than before and you paid almost $300 for the parts & labour.

I wasn't expecting low charges - let alone "free". Like I said "Still, I was willing to pay to get my laptop fixed no matter what."

The thing is they treated my laptop as it was dumb paperweight - losing one of rubber feet, broken display frame, didn't bother testing out other SATA port (or better packaging), and loads of fingerprints? please.

Wouldn't you be surprised to get a laptop back that looks much more damaged than before and you paid almost $300 for the parts & labour.

Well, maybe something when rough through shipping? 

Well it could be worse - you could have an Asus motherboard and need to install Windows to update the BIOS..

You know you can use a USB thumb drive with Win 8 on it these days right?

B)

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

You know you can use a USB thumb drive with Win 8 on it these days right?

B)

Nope - trust me - we had to update hundreds of these and complained to the Asus rep and he shrugged his shoulders.

I've had quite a few issues with the as of late as well. Thing is at least for motherboard's my experience with other companies is still worse.

I will hopefully never have to RMA with Asus, but I RMA'd my galaxy 780 and it has been pretty bad, five weeks since they received it after i paid $30 for shipping, no updates other than "we have no 780s in stock" without an explanation. 

CPU: 4770k @ 4.6 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G-Skill Trident X 16GB @ 1866 COOLER: EK Custom Loop (Supremacy/780 Block/360mm/280mm/MCP35X/Bitspower Res) GPU: Galaxy GTX 780 HOF @1425  STORAGE: 120GB/240GB Samsung 840 Evo, 2TB WD Black, 3TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: EVGA Supenova 1000G2 Case: Corsair 750D with 140mm Akasa Vipers MONITOR: Asus VG248QE