Question about what fans and where to put the radiator

Hi there,

For my CPU cooling I use the Corsair h105, it's a great cooler. I have it mounted closest to my mobo with the fans away from my mobo. Should I put the fans closest to the motherboard exhausting air out of the case, or should I keep it as is. 

If my explanation was bad, maybe this would be easier. 

____________ = fan

--------------- = radiator

mobo = motherboard

A

-------------------------------

mobo

OR

B

--------------------------

mobo

Also, should I use the stock fans or my SP120s?

Would recommend to buy Noctuas or NoiseBlockerss instead. As for the cooling config, I would suggest to have a pull config, and make them as exhaust. Hope this helps. :)

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Would recommend to buy Noctuas or NoiseBlockerss instead. As for the cooling config, I would suggest to have a pull config, and make them as exhaust. Hope this helps. :)

What do you mean by pull config?

What do you mean by pull config?

The fans are pulling air through the radiator, opposed to pushing air through it. 

The fans are pulling air through the radiator, opposed to pushing air through it. 

Oh so like setup A in my original post with the fans on top of the case and the radiator in the same area as the mobo

Oh so like setup A in my original post with the fans on top of the case and the radiator in the same area as the mobo

Correct. 

Correct. 

Thanks.

Do you know if the stock h105 fans are better than sp120s?

I might get the noctuas for christmas

Thanks.

Do you know if the stock h105 fans are better than sp120s?

I might get the noctuas for christmas

look up the specs....decibals are the noise volume , cfm...is how much air they move, and they will have a static pressure rating as well.....i use the sp120mm quiet editions on my h105

case

rad

fan

mobo

exhausting air out of the top

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.

it sounds like the stock fans with the h105 are the same as the SP120s. I'd use those and save your money for something else. definitely have the fans exhausting air out the top, pulling air through the radiator. that will keep the dust buildup in the rad to a minimum.

Windows 10 | AMD FX-8350 @4.6GHz | BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 | 16Gb G.Skill DDR3 1866 | MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4Gb | Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb | Corsair HX750 | NZXT Source 530 case | Logitech G710+ keyboard | Logitech G500s mouse | Saitek X52 Joystick and Throttle | Saitek ProFlight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR