Is this normal for Amazon's customer service?

pepporony

I ordered 1 NZXT LED kit from Amazon. Then almost 2 weeks after the "Estimate Delivery Date", I haven't receive any package yet. I got a status "Look like your package was lost" and a button for "Where's my item?" so I hit that. 

Shortly after, I was contacted by Amazon CS said that he was sorry and he already issued a replacement order with no cost (okay.. that was fast) and will ship with a priority shipping.

4 or 5 days later, the supposedly lost package arrived. Therefore, I contacted him again and asked if I can cancel the replacement order and if I have to responsible for any return shipping cost.

He said that he can't cancel as it already shipped and the return cost would be too expensive and that I can keep both item and sell it, donate, or do whatever I want.

I didn't live in the States so I rarely use Amazon service. Never met any customer service like this though.

I know that the item was not expensive but yeah..

Never had a problem like that

Are you ordering from Amazon US from another country or something? that could be the reason why there is a problem

I use Amazon almost weekly and my deliveries always arrived next day without fail (Prime) or at least when advertised if there is a delay

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Imagine if they were two 980s. A geek can dream.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Never had a problem like that

Are you ordering from Amazon US from another country or something? that could be the reason why there is a problem

I use Amazon almost weekly and my deliveries always arrived next day without fail (Prime) or at least when advertised if there is a delay

Yep, from another country. When the package arrived in my country, it then changed to use my local logistic service. That's why there was a problem.....

Imagine if they were two 980s. A geek can dream.

That would be great but I imagined they would be like "RETURN OR I WILL CHARGE YOUR CARD AGAIN". 

Wait.. can they do that? I mean if I refused to return, can they charge my card?

I've always had AMAZING service though Amazon. If I can buy a product through them, I will. I'm ruling this as an unfortunate circumstance.

Edit: Oh ur in another country? Welp that could be an issue idk man.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Yep, from another country. When the package arrived in my country, it then changed to use my local logistic service. That's why there was a problem.....

If thats the case I guess its not really Amazons fault

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Oh don't get me wrong. I intend to compliment their service. The package delay was one thing and I don't have issue with that but the fast issued of replacement, the decision that they let me keep both were awesome  :)

Never had a single issue with Amazon.

Cool that they just gave you an extra product.

Now how many times would I have to order and return GTX 980s to get the same outcome as you? haha

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

I have nothing but good things to say about Amazon been shopping there forever, plus their prime membership is worth it. For example I bought a catalytic converter for my car. About month and half later I bought it, I received a email for a refund. Turns out they lowered the price, they refunded me the difference without me asking or anything! I was happy coming out $50 bucks richer :D

That was super nice CS. +1 Amazon. I lpve this e-tailer because of variaty of products and high standard delivery. Items often come before estimated date. Had some items come next day even tho i didnt choose that option :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

they're not the cheapest, but that's awesome service.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

If there is something Amazon doesnt play around with  is customer service. 

Last week, I ordered some  tech stuff from amazon. When the Black Friday deals showed up, i tried to return one of things i got, but for some reason it said it was unreturnable. I contacted them and they tried to issue me a return label, but told me to keep the item and they refunded me what i paid.