Asus PG278Q or Asus PB287Q

vin_mehta1988

Hi guys,

I am confused between Asus ROG Swift PG278Q and Asus PB287Q.

The confusion is mainly because I am hearing now a days all the game developers are locking the games at 60fps so getting a 144hz monitor will be a waste of money I think.

I also wanted to know how 1080p movies will scale up on 1440p and on 4k. Will they look the same on both monitors or will the 1080p look better in 4k than in 1440p as 4k is exactly 4 times the 1080p as most of the content till date is in 1080p

I have one Asus GTX 980 DirectCU II and I can buy another  for SLI if required.

144hz is better for everything not only for games.. scrolling is a beast and yeah.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
                                                                                      :o 

get the 144hz is is so much better....

edit: i edited this but forgot i could eit the one above

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
                                                                                      :o 

Movies will look better on a 4k moitor as like you stated it is exactly 4x the resolution. 144Hz is amazing though and putting g-sync on top of that is even better. I have the swift and don't see myself ever going back to a static refresh monitor for gaming. day to day life I don't personlay notice the 144Hz so there is that and I also rarely watch movies on it. Watching youtube videos above 1080p looks good too.

I'm courious now to see what a blu-ray looks like on it, time to watch some movies instead of study :P

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Id also add that if you wait for the free-sync monitors to launch in a few months the Swift will most likely come down in cost as there well be some competition.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

144Hz looks wicked sick for gaming. If that's going to be your primary use, get the Swift.

If you're going to be doing a lot of editing, and by that I mean more than resize/cropping images, like editing colours and such, get a good IPS display

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

As of right now, I would recommend going with the swift. I have the pb287q and there are a lot of issues with it. 144hz is really fast and gsync will make the experience a lot smoother if you can't push 144fps. 

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

Have you made your decision?

I bought ROG Swift yesterday and I must say, that is one hell of a good looking and great performing monitor.

144 Hz + G-Sync makes such a difference, not only in gaming, but in overall smoothness of the system, you really have to see it in real life.

As for the colours, yeah, they are not as good as on IPS display (I have MBPr for comparison), but this TN panel is much better than my old HP 2510i. Viewing angles are more than ok for TN panel. One of the best I have seen.

For now, I am satisfied with my purchase.

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB