Nexus or HTC?

AngryAlien

I have Sprint and was thinking about either the Nexus 6 or HTC One M8. I know one is a monster and the other slightly more compact but those were the 2 I most gravitated towards. Originally the Nexus 6 seemed more appealing to me due to already having Lollipop and the sheer screen size, but then I noticed something. The HTC Harman Kardon Edition on Sprint with a payment option that wasn't a whole new contract allowed for a $320 discount. Whoa. I've posted about the Nexus before, and was pretty set on it. but getting the One M8 for basically $360, that's a pretty damn good way to get me to take that phone over another. That completely swayed my opinion, especially with the sexy coloring of it. But I wanted to have some other opinions. So which would be better for day to day use? I mostly just browse the internet, listen to music, and play the occasional game when I have absolutely nothing else to do. Thanks for your help in advance!

post-164139-0-48744600-1417394495.jpg

Id pick the M8, As some one with an LG G3( they couldnt get me the M8 in my small town) the 5.5" inch screen is as big as I would recommend and the G3 has the slimmest bezels out of any phone, thats why it gets away with it

I'd say you should choose based on the screen size, because that's a big difference between the two phones (the Nexus 6 is made by HTC fyi). I believe the One M8 is about 5" and the Nexus 6 is about 6". I've heard a lot of people saying that 6" was too big for them, and some saying that they eventually they got used to it - so it's all really personal preference. Personally I'd get the HTC One M8 because I wouldn't like a 6" screen. My Nexus 5 which is about 5" and is already pretty tight when I put it into my pocket.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

I'd say you should choose based on the screen size, because that's a big difference between the two phones (the Nexus 6 is made by HTC fyi). I believe the One M8 is about 5" and the Nexus 6 is about 6". I've heard a lot of people saying that 6" was too big for them, and some saying that they eventually they got used to it - so it's all really personal preference. Personally I'd get the HTC One M8 because I wouldn't like a 6" screen. My Nexus 5 which is about 5" and is already pretty tight when I put it into my pocket.

I thought the Nexus was made by Motorola...

Nope. Not anymore.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Nope. Not anymore.

It was, @failblox is wrong. The nexus 9 was made by htc, but the nexus 6 is by motorola which is why is resembles the moto x so much. If you don't want such a huge phone, the moto x is a good option. I personally have an htc one m8 and like it, my review is in my signature.

i would not get the htc one m8. 4MP camera are you kidding me? 

get the lg g3 .better battery life,13MP camera with optical image stabilization, larger screen but the height of the phone is smaller than the M8 and its 2k

i would not get the htc one m8. 4MP camera are you kidding me? 

get the lg g3 .better battery life,13MP camera with optical image stabilization, larger screen but the height of the phone is smaller than the M8 and its 2k

I took very few photo's with my iPhone 4 (which is what I'm replacing) so camera quality just doesn't matter to me with the amount of pictures I take.

It was, @failblox is wrong. The nexus 9 was made by htc, but the nexus 6 is by motorola which is why is resembles the moto x so much. If you don't want such a huge phone, the moto x is a good option. I personally have an htc one m8 and like it, my review is in my signature.

My bad. Sorry. I must've mixed it up with the Nexus 9.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick