Crossfire Hd7850 power?

spwath

Could i run xfire 7850 in my system (in profile) with my PSU?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

It would be pushing it alot (i'd say ~ 500W). I wouldn't.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

It would be pushing it. I wouldn't.

i mean, its a good PSU, and i can get a second hd 7850 for cheap

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yes.

My 7870 never exceeded 150W (just GPU) and that requries more

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

You can they use about 175-225w each so you could but it would be close 

Make sure you have enough left for your other parts

i mean, its a good PSU, and i can get a second hd 7850 for cheap

Yes, but it is still "only" a 550W. 2 7850s OCd (i assume you'll be OCing) would draw ~ 175W (x2) = ~350W + CPU (oc'd a tad bcuz otherwise you may get a potential bottleneck) (120 W + other stuff (30W)) = 500W

You can, but it will put more strain on the PSU = more noise AND most likely shorter lifespan.

Oh, and don't forget PSUs degrade which means that it will not be able to output 550W forever.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Yes, but it is still "only" a 550W. 2 7850s OCd (i assume you'll be OCing) would draw ~ 175W (x2) = ~350W + CPU (oc'd a tad bcuz otherwise you may get a potential bottleneck) (120 W + other stuff (30W)) = 500W

You can, but it will put more strain on the PSU = more noise AND most likely shorter lifespan.

Oh, and don't forget PSUs degrade which means that it will not be able to output 550W forever.

No oc on my mb, so 350+100= 450 leaves 100w for stuff and degrading

OK, also would it be worth gettings a second 7850 for 40 USD?

OK, also would it be worth gettings a second 7850 for 40 USD?

WHERE IS THIS 7850 FOR $40?!!?!?

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

WHERE IS THIS 7850 FOR $40?!!?!?

Craigslist

Generally speaking, a quality PSU will have some engineering overhead accounted for when providing its power rating. Some of which significantly higher than others. As such a quality PSU like the XFX TS Gold (Seasonic S12G) would at least outlive it's warranty period if you were to run it 24/7 near it's rated output.

Of course, I'm not suggesting you do this, and you won't be. The components in your system will not be running at 100% load simultaneously. During gaming load it will be <~350w DC.

Craigslist

Yeah. Just check  it (physically) and test it properly.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

He lives in a risky part of the city, we can meet him in a public place, but it could be stolen. What do you think?

He lives in a risky part of the city, we can meet him in a public place, but it could be stolen. What do you think?

risk of it stolen? little to none. no one steals just components of PCs unless its public schools, and i doubt they are running 7850s. your probably fine. 

risk of it stolen? little to none. no one steals just components of PCs unless its public schools, and i doubt they are running 7850s. your probably fine.

My parents won't let me due to risk