900D Overkill build

Stewartrc

Afternoon Everyone

So i've been wanting to do this for awhile now and final i can now do it.

So here's what we got.

Case--------------------Corsair Obsidian 900D

Motherboard--------Asus Maximus VII Formula

CPU---------------------Intel Core i7-4790K 4.00GHz

Ram---------------------G.Skill TridentX 16GB

PSU---------------------Corsair AX1200i

GPU---------------------X2 Asus GeForce GTX 980

HDD---------------------WD 2TB RED

SSD---------------------Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO (RAID 0)

Cooling

FANS--------------------X12 Noctua NF-F12

GPU---------------------X2 XSPC Razor GTX 980 Waterblock

CPU---------------------XSPC RayStorm CPU WaterBlock

Reservoir/Pump----XSPC D5 Photon 170 Reservoir/Pump Combo

Rads-------------------- 1 x 480

1x 140

1x 360

1x 240

Monitors-----------------X2 Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27

No were near there in that photo no Watercooling in there so far, just testing everything but no problems so far, had a problem getting the OS to install from a USB but MeltingPoint sorted that.

Keep the hating to a Minimum guys, i know its overkill, however (BECAUSE I CAN!!!!)

post-51813-0-51981500-1417346123_thumb.j

"Guardianship of all living things lies with those whose evolution is most complete. The Mantle of Responsibility shelters all."

Good luck bro, its your money and do whatever you want with it .. have fun!

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

the only problem i have with the 900d is it makes everything else look small :P

awesome build though

Those cables are awesome :D

Cable management is shocking atm haha

the only problem i have with the 900d is it makes everything else look small :P

awesome build though

Once everything is in there it wont :P

"Guardianship of all living things lies with those whose evolution is most complete. The Mantle of Responsibility shelters all."

Cable management is shocking atm haha

Once everything is in there it wont :P

Trust me you haven't seen bad cables until you've seen mine

WHY ARE PEOPLE RICH AND IM NOT D:

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Lol all the stock coolers are still there...It makes everything looks small

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Wow, I am subbing to this

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Lol all the stock coolers are still there...It makes everything looks small

Its just the test build lol!!!!!

Its just the test build lol!!!!!

I know, but still...everything just looks so disproportionate in the 900d :P

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

I know this is kind of in-progress, but my eyes hurt! Bright green cables with red Asus motherboard and red RAM sticks... I really hope by the end of the build you get the right color scheme all around. 

PS: IMO this is not really an overkill build, besides the two 500GB SSDs and the 1200W PSU. For me an overkill build is an i7 5960X with a massivly expensive Asus WS board and 128GB of RAM. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

I know this is kind of in-progress, but my eyes hurt! Bright green cables with red Asus motherboard and red RAM sticks... I really hope by the end of the build you get the right color scheme all around. 

PS: IMO this is not really an overkill build, besides the two 500GB SSDs and the 1200W PSU. For me an overkill build is an i7 5960X with a massivly expensive Asus WS board and 128GB of RAM. 

Yes that will be sorted by the end.

And everyone keeps saying its overkill lol i didnt think it was either.

Yes that will be sorted by the end.

And everyone keeps saying its overkill lol i didnt think it was either.

Do not get rid of the green cables! Make as much stuff green as possible!

Sweet build going on here :) I was just wondering, I've had buying the 900D in the back of my head for a while now, and I've heard A LOT of good and bad things about it. mainly about construction and QA. Could you tell me what you think about the case? And whether or not you's recommend?
Thanks!

But...A 900d is really no good for watercooling,it chokes radiators so bad

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Sweet build going on here :) I was just wondering, I've had buying the 900D in the back of my head for a while now, and I've heard A LOT of good and bad things about it. mainly about construction and QA. Could you tell me what you think about the case? And whether or not you's recommend?

Thanks!

Hey mate, well from the moment i opened the box i really liked it. and ive completed half the build so far and at no point have i said "FFS that cant fit"

The quality i think is really good. its sturdy in all the right places, but some things are fragile. Such as the front cover where you usb ports are.

Other things which ive noticed, the rear Fan can only be a 140mm FAN.

And that the 3 fans at the front are not flush against each other, the top fan has a slight gap between the one below.

Other then that at this time there isnt much to complain about. Loads of room and its nice and cool inside. :D

So at the moment i'm just waiting for the watercooling stuff to turn up.

However i decided to take the 900D for a test spin B) and what better way to do it then to boot up TITANFALL with the settings on ULTRA and everyone set to high.

You know ive been playing games on a 3 year old Alienware MX14 so the change is amazing to say the least.

CPU is running at around 55 degrees

and both the GPU's are running at around 44 degrees on there stock coolers.

I'd take pictures but my Iphone 4's camera sucks :angry:

And my screens aren't here yet so that's just a simple 60hz Samsung monitor

Ive gone for a TITANFALL theme on the outside as well

post-51813-0-56517500-1417381384_thumb.j

Chief! :D

I'm seriously surprised there hasn't been any haters on this thread. I was expecting to get nuked :unsure:

I'm seriously surprised there has been on haters on this thread. I was expecting to get nuked :unsure:

Why would people hate on you? You have a Master Chief helmet :D that is freaking awesome

Why would people hate on you? You have a Master Chief helmet :D that is freaking awesome

Hahahahahahaha Yeah lol

And a warthog :lol:

post-51813-0-87155300-1417383282_thumb.j

Hahahahahahaha Yeah lol

And a warthog :lol:

So cool  :D I'm pretty jealous I've been wanting a Chief head for a while but I haven't found one yet and the warthog is a mega bonus

So cool  :D I'm pretty jealous I've been wanting a Chief head for a while but I haven't found one yet and the warthog is a mega bonus

Yeah they are pretty hard to come by now

And the warthog is such a cool replica.