ASUS Radeon ROG Matrix R9 290x

Heya guys, I have some questions ongoing this card.

normal_ASUSR9290xMatrixPlantinum_060.jpg
I ordered this card on a black friday sale here in Norway. The original cost was 4.595 NOK (653$)   and I bought it for 2.236 (318$)  So I saved 1800 NOK (Which is 250$)

And I'm asking someone who has experience with this card. I was originally going for the Asus GTX 970 Strix, but it was never on sale so I gave up on it. I watched so many reviews and I was 100% sure on buying the Strix card.

But as it never went on sale I gave up on it. I looked for other cards and I saw a card that was on sale which was the MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming, and I was going to buy that one instead. But then I saw the R9 290x card which was on sale for -39% and my mind was blown. The card costs so much and the sale on the card was massive so I chose to buy that one instead. I saved a lot of money buying this card.

So I'm asking, do anyone of you have experience about this card? Did I do right on buying this card? Will this card benefit me, in that case then what?
I need some more information about this card, I know that this card is not a good overclocker but still. I saved money :P

I think it looks shmexy.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

653 for a 290X?! and even when 980 is out?! This is madness!

Dont come to Norway I guess x) 

He lives in Norway, prices can differ vastly between countries.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Dont come to Norway I guess x) 

I'd have bought 3.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I'd have bought 3.

The bad thing is, I was thinking about buying 2. I'm on a budget, so I had to use money on a HDD and Cpu Cooler :(

The thing with Norway, is that when you are shopping online (Shops outside of Norway) You have to pay 25% more to get the items to your home. So If i bought the R9 290x on amazon I'd have to pay 440$ + 25% 

The card gets loud and hot.

A tri x or vapor x would've been a better choice.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

He lives in Norway, prices can differ vastly between countries.

I know that, if I remember correctly Latvia had one of the highest prices in EU (I think execluding Switzerland, Norway and other highly developed countrys)

The card gets loud and hot.

A tri x or vapor x would've been a better choice.

It maxes out on 74C unless I overclock the living monster out of it

I know that, if I remember correctly Latvia had one of the highest prices in EU (I think execluding Switzerland, Norway and other highly developed countrys)

Yeah, since Norway is not a member of EU :)

Ignoring the DCU cooler which was designed for the larger GK110 chip and Elpida memory, it is a pretty solid card especially at that price.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

It maxes out on 74C unless I overclock the living monster out of it

Perhaps i have to rephrase it. The vapor x or tri x would be cooler and quieter. But you did get the 290X plat for a good price :)

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Perhaps i have to rephrase it. The vapor x or tri x would be cooler and quieter. But you did get the 290X plat for a good price :)

There is so much talk about things beeing quiet and all. My CPU cooler runs at 3100 - 4000 RPM and sounds like a truck and I never bothered with sound anyways. But quieter is probably nicer.

Does anybody have this card that can tell me more about it? I'm getting it in a few weeks and many reviewers say it's bad. But mostly because of the price and heat.