Not able to screw GPU card into chassis

Willy156

Hi all, my GPU fits perfectly fine with the motherboard and is running right now with no problems. However, I'm worried that my GPU might snap or fall off since it won't screw into the back of the chassis. Photo here to explain better : http://imgur.com/a/uMBks

It's hard to tell what's going on due to the lighting and focus.

Have you made sure the motherboard and standoffs are properly screwed in? Having them offset can slant the board to not meet correctly with the pci brackets.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'll try to get better shots later, I know for sure that the card is not slant because it matches the slot at the back of the chasis

I'll try to get better shots later, I know for sure that the card is not slant because it matches the slot at the back of the chasis

He meant that the mobo may be bending a little, and thus making it imposible to align your gpu.

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

He meant that the mobo may be bending a little, and thus making it imposible to align your gpu.

Whoa my motherboard ? How do I tell if my motherboard's bending a little?

Whoa my motherboard ? How do I tell if my motherboard's bending a little?

Make sure the standoffs and motherboard are properly and completely screwed in.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Okay I've added more pictures. I can tell it's the chassis not being able to provide a screw holder where my graphics card sits. What should I do ? 

http://imgur.com/a/c83vI

Okay I've added more pictures. I can tell it's the chassis not being able to provide a screw holder where my graphics card sits. What should I do ? 

http://imgur.com/a/c83vI

On the second last picture it looks like the graphics card isn't standing up straight. Look at the connectors and the hole they come through -These should be aligned, so i think you need to sligtly push your GPU a bit, and then screw it in. Don't apply a lot of force, then feel, is it possible to move it a bit? If you can move it without applying much force to a place where you can screw in the screws, then screw it in!

When in doubt: C4

On the second last picture it looks like the graphics card isn't standing up straight. Look at the connectors and the hole they come through -These should be aligned, so i think you need to sligtly push your GPU a bit, and then screw it in. Don't apply a lot of force, then feel, is it possible to move it a bit? If you can move it without applying much force to a place where you can screw in the screws, then screw it in!

Yeah the second last picure looks like it's not aligned, but from where the graphics card's screw hole is located there's no hole available on the chassis

http://imgur.com/Yp1BUel So here's what I'm trying to say, I think the red circled hole should be able to fit a bit below because the card is a bit high from the picture. However, where the area circled green is not a hole, but rather a bump.. which prevents a screw connecting the GPU to the chassis

Should I just try and zip tie the GPU to my chassis? lol

Should I just try and zip tie the GPU to my chassis? lol

I had to do that with a wifi card, because i had lost the low profile bracket, the wifi card kept disconnecting, so i dont recommend it (we have earthquakes on a regular basis here so thats why it kept disconnecting xD)

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

My cheap original case didnt have holes that matched up either I tied it with an elastic band although I would not recommend that as it melted after a while, zip ties would be a good idea.

My Rig : Zotac 780 3GB, i5 4670k, H105, M1211 650W, 8GB 2133mhz vengence pro, Mini R2, 144Hz AOC Gsync Monitor

Accessories : K65, Naos 3200, Superlux 681, Chord CCU1