SSD starting to reduce its free space !

adiv

Hi, about half year ago I bought Kingston HyperX SSD 120GB for my new boot device. After instaling my OS.primary programs on it there was 60-64 GB of free space. Few days ago I noticed that the free space starts to reduce every day (45, then 30, then 25......) and now it is 17 GB. Any ideas what is happening? What I should do?

Look into what you installed in the past days. And make sure you don't keep your movies on the desktop.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Download WinDirStat, it'll show you the size of all files on your drive. Also fun CCleaner to get rid of temp files.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Look into what you installed in the past days. And make sure you don't keep your movies on the desktop.

My movies is saved on HDD and yestarday I made cleaning of programs i dont use and still should I reinstall my OS ?

My movies is saved on HDD and yestarday I made cleaning of programs i dont use and still should I reinstall my OS ?

If it really does get cramped and you don't mind reinstalling ofc that works. Pull out your hdd, do a clean os install and there you have it.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

So this is what i see in WinDirStat,post-25435-0-03412100-1417118687_thumb.p, why C:/ is 60GB total when there is 17 GB of free space from 120 GB

Ok I reinstall my OS and going to watch if this is going to happened again.

Run CrystalDiskInfo to check the disk health. Make sure that it's not going sour. Reinstalling the O/S won't do a thing if the disk is going. Also run a anti malware utility like from Malwarebytes to make sure nothing else is going on.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

Are you sure that your C: partition ever had more than those 60 GB? After all, windows by default creates some hidden system partitions (I just don't remember how big these can be)...

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

Well after checking my SSD with some programs nothing strange appear. It shows that SSD life is 100%, and after reinstalling my OS no more reduce of its free space from 111 GB of total now i have 62 GB free and it is staying at this. Thanks to everyone who helped me and wrote suggestions.