Spray makes any electronic waterproof

AndrewM56

Make any motherboard or electronic device waterproof with a quick spray. Looks like it might work even better than the waterproof ASRock Haswell board.

Wonder if it actually works as good as the video shows and if it would cause any heat problems on a motherboard.

Wow.. If this actually works, this could make watercooling a whole lot easier.  I wonder how long it lasts

I believe it but it seems like it would need to be reapplied. I'm thinking it would break down over time being exposed to the air.

They have had this for a couple years for phones. Costs like $60 you send it away they put it in a vacuum chamber release the compound and let it sit for how ever long it needs for the product to get inside and coat everything.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

i find none of this whole waterproofing electronics thing to be new ... i mean corrosionx has been around for years admittedly some of the products do have advantages over corrosionx

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

Chevaishr I like your Signature

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Reminds me of this:

I thought the same thing!

I believe it but it seems like it would need to be reapplied. I'm thinking it would break down over time being exposed to the air.

They have had this for a couple years for phones. Costs like $60 you send it away they put it in a vacuum chamber release the compound and let it sit for how ever long it needs for the product to get inside and coat everything.

If it needs to be re-applied I think it would still be useful, even if it only lasted a day or two while you either leak tested a custom loop or did bellow zero overclocking that would be enough. Cool concept either way I thought

ok got rid of the first vid ... looks too much like an ad   

here is where i would be using it

Chevaishr I like your Signature

thanks !  :)

edit ok found a better demo of the thing  

Edit again: skip to the end to if u not in the mood for watching a long vid 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

My question is, how does it keep the contact points conductive enough to still be effective? I mean, isn't the risk of water damage basically caused by the water forming a relatively conductive bridge between two points, resulting in a short circuit? I don't see how a single solution applied to all parts of an electronic device would make it completely waterproof without preventing external connectivity.